- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 13 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
How to Compress Video Files with Windows Media Player Alternatives
Windows Media Player can play an array of video formats also supports other features such as simple video editing. However, the application doesn't support video compression function, so you can't compress video with Windows Media Player. It is inconvenient for those people who what to reduce their video size to save space. In this situation, the top 4 free alternatives to Windows Media Player will be introduced in this article to help you compress video and audio files easily and quickly.
- Part 1. Best Alternative to Windows Media Player to Compress Video/Audio Files on Windows/Mac
- Part 2. Other 3 Alternatives to Compress Media Files on Windows
- Part 3. Comparison Table Among These 4 Windows Media Player Alternatives
Part 1. Best Alternative to Windows Media Player to Compress Video/Audio Files on Windows/Mac
Using professional software is the best alternative to compress the Windows Media Player file, and the most recommended here is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Over 1000 audio and video files are supported by the tool for compression in lossless quality. The parameters of the added file can be changed to reduce the size, and all the changes can also be checked before the compression with preview. The software supports Windows and Mac systems, and you can easily compress file size with the best Windows Media Player alternative.
- The best alternative for Windows Media Player to compress video and audio files on Windows/Mac.
- Compress file size by changing resolution, quality, bit rate, format, and other parameters.
- Support 1000+ video/audio formats to compress and convert with super fast speed and no quality loss.
- Edit videos by cutting unwanted parts, adding watermarks, applying effects, editing subtitles, etc.
- Support batch compression and conversion process.
- Download YouTube videos and playlist to MP3 or other audio formats by pasting URL.
- Transfer compressed files from PC/Mac to iPhone/Android devices via a USB cable.
- Support additional functions like Screen Recorder, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps to compress videos on Windows/Mac using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Run Wondershare compressor and select a local video.
Open Wondershare UniConverter software and choose the Video Compressor tab from the main interface. Click the + icon to select a video from your PC/Mac to compress.
Step 2 Select file settings to compress video
The added file with its details will appear on the interface. To compress file size, change the parameters of video resolution, format, file size manually, and move the progress bar to change video bit Rate and quality.
Step 3 Compress video with best Windows Media Player alternative
Click on the Preview button to check the file before processing it. Hit on the Compress button to start compressing video size with the best alternative to Windows Media Player.
Part 2. Other 3 Alternatives to Compress Media Files on Windows
VLC is a popularly used media player that also offers an array of customization features for the media files. The free-to-use open-source application can also be used for video compression in decent quality and a few simple steps. To resize the video, VLC allows changing the frame rate, height, and width of the file. The file can also be shrunk by cutting and cropping the not needed parts of the video. VLC also supports compressing the audio file by changing its bit rate, channels, and sample rate. The application is compatible with all types of platforms and OS and supports all kinds of multimedia files, including DVDs, VCDs, Audio CDs, as well as streaming protocols.
Compatible with all versions of Windows OS, this is a powerful application that supports video playback, creation, editing, and other features. The program is simple to use and results in decent quality compressed files. Windows Movie Maker supports a limited number of video formats, so if the app does not support your file format, you first need to convert it to a compatible one and then compress it. Windows Movie Maker facilitates file compression by changing its parameters like frame rate, bit rate, width, and height. The audio settings can also be done if needed.
When it comes to multimedia tools, Handbrake is among the top listed. This open-source application supports multi-platform, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, and in addition to video compression, it also facilitates file compression. Popular formats are supported by the application, including WMV, AVI, MOV, M4V, and others. To resize and compress a video file, VLC allows changing an array of parameters including codec, frame rate, and bit rate. There is also an option to compress the file to make it web optimized.
Part 3. Comparison Table Among These 4 Windows Media Player Alternatives
Below is a table comparing the key features of each of the Windows media player alternatives discussed earlier:
30x Fast Rendering
Media Converter, DVD Burner, Video Compressor, Video Editor, Special Effects, Streaming Video Downloader, Adding Watermarks, Adding Subtitles, VR Converter, Screen Recorder, Image Compressor, Image Converter
VLC media player
Media Player, Media Converter, Streaming Video Downloader, Audio, and Video Recorder, Adding Watermarks
Windows, Mac, Linux (Ubuntu)
Windows Movie Maker
Slideshow Creator, Video Editor, Adding Narration, Special Effects
Video Converter, Video Resizer
Windows, Mac, Linux
Conclusion: Listed above are the best alternatives to Windows Media Player, which can compress video size easily and for free. But for lossless quality compression, easy and intuitive interface, and widely supported formats, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will be your best choice to compress video.