- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Best MTS to MOV Converter
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.24 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Top VHS Converters
- 4.6 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.7 Free MOD Converter
- 4.8 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.9 M2T Converter
- 4.10 Best MTS Converter
- 4.11 MTS Converter Mac
- 4.12 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.14 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.15 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.10 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.11 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.12 Top Sony Camcorders
To save your space on camcorder's SD card or upload the camcorder video to some social network, you will probably have the request to compress camcorder videos. Following part of the guide will help you to know the most reliable and efficient ways to do so.
- Part 1. Best Camcorder Compressor to Compress Camcorder Videos
- Part 2. Other 3 Methods to Compress Camcorder Videos
- Part 3. The Comparison Table of The 4 Camcorder Video Compressors
Part 1. Best Camcorder Compressor to Compress Camcorder Videos for Easy Uploading, Playing, Sharing and Space Saving
There is no dearth of programs for compressing videos, but if you are in search for a quick and efficient one, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will be an apt choice. This professional software works as a complete video toolbox allowing to perform an array of functions like converting video formats, editing videos, burning DVD, downloading videos, transferring videos, and others. When it comes to camcorder compressor, it proves to be the perfect choice as it helps in compressing videos through different ways as listed below:
- Camcorder videos are generally recorded in high quality formats that occupy a lot of space. UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) here helps to compress videos by converting them to smaller sized formats like FLV and WMV.
- Allows compressing camcorder videos by customizing settings related to resolution, bitrate, video size, and frame rate.
- Videos can be compressed through UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), by trimming and deleting their unwanted parts and segments.
- Software allows to compress camcorder videos by converting them to formats suitable for playing on iOS and Android devices.
- Codecs of the videos can be changed for compressing purpose.
- The software allows editing and compressing multiple videos at a time.
- The software allows to convert videos to the formats that can be shared as well as uploaded to a number of sites.
Steps to Compress camcorder Videos on Mac (Including Mojave) with Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac):
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is available for Windows as well as Mac systems. While working with Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac), the software supports all the versions of the OS including Mojave. There are multiple ways by which camcorder videos on Mac can be compressed and steps for the same are given below.
Step 1 Open Video converter ultimate and add camcorder video.
First of all, connect the camcorder to your Mac and then open Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). You can directly add camcorder videos to Mac. For this, click drop-down arrow beside Add Files and select Add from Camcorder. A pop-up window will open showing all files present in the camcorder. Select the desired files and click Add To List.
Step 2 Compress camcorder videos.
UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) offers different ways to compress camcorder videos:
Solution 1: Customise video setting to cut down video size, like set the resolution and bit rate.
Once files are added, click drop down icon next to Convert all tasks to and select Video tab and the desired video format. Select the video resolution from the right side and click the icon of Editing that will open a new Setting window.
From the Setting window, select Small Size at the Custom tab. Other parameters like resolution, bit rate, and frame rate can also be set so as to compress the videos. Once all settings are done, click Create to proceed.
Solution 2: Convert camcorder video to smaller sized WMV, FLV.
After adding files, click drop down icon beside Convert all tasks to and select WMV or FLV as the desired format from the Video tab.
Solution 3: Trim unwanted part for downsizing camcorder video.
After successfully adding the video, trimming icon can be located below the video thumbnail. Click the trimming icon to open the trimming window.
Drag the side lay and move to the place where you want to trim and then click Cut. The video will get divided into a number of segments. If you want the video to be trimmed in sections, click Save to move further.
The trimmed video will appear on the main interface with segment numbers. Next, in case if you wish to remove a particular segment, select it and click Delete. Now click Merge All Videos to merge all the other segments excluding the deleted segment.
Step 3 Start video compression.
Once all settings are made, click Convert All to start the compression process.
Once the process is complete, click Converted tab to check the file. Click Open file location icon to check the location where compressed file is saved on your PC.
Thus with the above steps, you can quickly and easily compress video from the camcorder using the software.
Video Tutorial: How to Compress Video with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Part 2. Other 3 Methods to Compress Camcorder Videos
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is undoubtedly the best video compressor, but in case if you are in search of other programs or tools, we have picked up 3 other methods for your convenience. Read below to know details about these programs.
This is an online program that allows converting video files to smaller sized formats. This decent conversion tool has simple, quick, and easy to use. While using the program, you have to simply add the video file and select the output format for the process to initiate. The converted file can be easily downloaded from the program and can also be sent to the desired email-id for future use. Files uploaded at the program interface are safe and their privacy is maintained. Besides adding local files, the program also allows downloading it from a number of sources.
Pros and Cons:
- Free online tool.
- Simple to use interface.
- No need for downloading or installing software.
- Allows converting videos to a number of formats.
- No additional features besides file format conversion.
- Need an Internet connection.
- Supports limited formats.
This is another file conversion tool that allows converting your videos to a number of other formats and codecs. It is a free and open source program that is compatible with working on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux, and Mac. The program has a simple interface which makes it easy for all types of users to work and operate. In addition to changing video formats, the program also allows compressing videos by changing the settings related to the average bit rate. Videos can also be optimized to play well with an array of devices like Android tablet, iPod, TV, and others.
Pros and Cons:
- Free and open source program.
- Support multiple platforms.
- Simple and easy to understand interface.
- Do not support additional features.
- Need to download and install the software.
3. MacX Video Converter Pro
This is another decent software works as all-in-one video converter and facilitates downloading, converting, editing and recording screen videos. The software works with Mac as well as Windows system and supports more than 320 video formats for conversion purpose. Batch processing is supported by the program and it can also compress HD and 4K videos to other smaller size formats. MacX Video Converter Pro also allows changing resolution, frame rate, bit rate and codecs of the file for compression purpose. If needed, video files can be directly compressed to formats and resolution supported by iOS and Android devices.
Pros and Cons:
- Support more than 320 video formats and other codecs for file conversion purpose.
- Support additional features for video compression like editing files, changing parameters and others.
- Support additional features like downloading videos, recording video, screen capture, and others.
- Paid software.
- Need download and installation
Part 3. The Comparison Table of The 4 Camcorder Video Compressors
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) and the 3 other methods listed in the above part of the article are decent video compression tools that support a different set of features. Each of these tools has associated pros and cons and to make the selection task easier for you, we have drafted a comparison table between these 4 methods. Depending upon the features listed in the table, you can select the method that best suits your requirements.
|Software Name||Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)||Convert.Files||Handbrake||MacX Video Converter Pro|
|Supported input formats||Almost all possible formats including unusual formats.||All popularly used formats.||All common multimedia file formats including DVD and Blu ray sources.||More than 320 popular video formats.|
|Supported output formats||Support more than 1000 popular formats.||
3GP, amv, flv, and other commonly used formats.
||MKV, MP4, popularly used video encoders and formats.||More than 180 video formats.|
|Quality after compression||Excellent||Decent||Decent||Good|
Convert camcorder video by customising video settings
||Yes||No||Yes with limited options||Yes|
Convert camcorder video by trimming videos
Convert camcorder video to other formats
|Transfer camcorder video to iPhone/iPad/Android devices directly||Yes||No||No||No|
|Intelligently detect all camcorder videos by list and add them easily||Yes||No||No||No|
|Download videos from YouTube and other sites||Yes, supports 10,000 sites.||No||No||Yes, supports 300 sites.|
|Burn MP4 to DVD||Yes||No||No||No|
Thus considering the features of Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) and the comparison table given above, it can be concluded that Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the best camcorder converter that also supports an array of additional features to look after all your video related concerns and worries. Have a free try now!
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to 1,000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6