- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac/Windows
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.24 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Top VHS Converters
- 4.6 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.7 Free MOD Converter
- 4.8 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.9 M2T Converter
- 4.10 Best MTS Converter
- 4.11 MTS Convert on Mac
- 4.12 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.14 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.15 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.10 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.11 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.12 Top Sony Camcorders
The users who want to edit MTS videos with Final Cut Pro usually run into incompatibility issue. Or you can’t edit them smoothly after taking some time for importing MTS to FCP. Why? This is due to that MTS videos, which are already highly compressed by H.264 codec, are very hard to deal with during video editing. ProRes, a lossy video compression format that developed by Apple Inc., is a appropriate format for smooth editing on Mac. Thus, when you get many MTS videos and want to edit them with Final Cut Pro, iMovie, or Adobe Premier, it's better to take advantage of the ProRes codec.
To convert MTS to ProRes quickly and easily, Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) is highly recommended. This program features high efficiency and seamless conversion. With it, you can do batch conversion from AVCHD, MTS, AVI, VOB, MP4, MOV, and more to ProRes in simple clicks of mouse. Here's how to do it.
Free download MTS to ProRes Converter trial version:
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to 1,000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Step 1Add MTS files to the MTS to ProRes Converter.
Click the inverted triangle beside Add Files button > select Add from Camcorder to navigate your camcorder and select the MTS files you want to convert from the video list. (Note: batch conversion is supported, so you can load more than one file to save time.)
But if your MTS files are on your camcorder, you need to plug your device to Mac first, and then run this program. This program will show your camcorder files in its interface. Then, you can select the files you want, and click the Add to List button to add them.
Step 2 Choose ProRes as the output format.
Click the inverted triangle icon beside Convert all tasks to to reveal output panel. And then select the Editing category to choose your desired format. You'll find several ProRes options are provided. Generally, ProRes SD 480P and HD 720P are suitable choices for MTS, M2TS, DV videos shot with camcorders. ProRes HD 1080P is usually for film based source media.
Tips: After choosing the ProRes format, you'll see the Target file duration, resolution, and file size showing in the right side of each video clip. If necessary, you're not satisfied with the settings, you can create the customized format with your wanted parameters manually.
Step 3 Start converting MTS to ProRes.
At this point, you can change the output filename or output path if you wish. If you feel satisfied with your options, Just hit the Convert All button to activate MTS file to ProRes conversion. This program is highly efficient because it's boosted with CPU and GPU (30X faster). And a neat process bar will show the percentage and remaining time.
When all conversions completed, just click Converted tab and tap the fold icon , you can fast find where your converted files are saved.
Convert MTS to AVI: Wondershare MTS converter allows you to convert MTS to any audio/video format or device etc.
Convert MTS to MP4 on Mac/Windows: This guide teaches you how to convert MTS to MP4, so you can play MTS on some popular devices or players.
Free download MTS to ProRes Converter: