- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Best MTS to MOV Converter
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.24 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Top VHS Converters
- 4.6 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.7 Free MOD Converter
- 4.8 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.9 M2T Converter
- 4.10 Best MTS Converter
- 4.11 MTS Converter Mac
- 4.12 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.14 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.15 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.10 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.11 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.12 Top Sony Camcorders
Handbrake is a well known and free Mac converter that allows the users to make sure that the best is provided to the Mac OS by converting the subjected formats to the ones that are supported by the Mac OS. At the same time it also makes sure that the user is also able to convert the formats freely without any issue and additional cost.
- Part 1. How to Convert MTS Videos with Handbrake for Free
- Part 2. Handbrake Alternative: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
- Part 3. Comparison: Handbrake vs. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
As it has been explained above as well that most of the users who are not able to meet the needs consider the tool as a useful tech piece but the fact is that the users cannot set the tool for optimal usage and for the same reason the tool doesn’t work properly and resultantly the output is poor in this regard. Following is a small process that would allow the user to make sure that the correct settings are not only embedded but the conversion is also one of the best forms of the output which the user desires. The process is to be followed without skipping any step as it is one of the best ways to make sure that the tool is run and the greatest quality is generated in this regard to fulfill the desire of the user within the time they want:
Step 1 The user needs to make sure that the handbrake is downloaded from http://www.handbrake.fr/ and the program is installed and run to make sure that first part of the process completes. The program is then to be launched after successful installation:
Step 2 Under the output settings the format is then to be clicked to make sure that the needful is done:
Step 3 The user then needs to make sure that the next window pops up where all the settings are to be set to get the desired or the best quality output for the video as per the need and demand:
Step 4 The middle button at the top left corner is to be selected to make sure that the conversion starts and the process also ends here:
Important Note: It is also to be noted that with handbrake there is no need of installation of any other formats and the user can make sure that this stand alone tool does the processing without any issue ad problem. The software has been regarded as one of the best but there are several disadvantages of using this tool as well which will also be covered in this tutorial. Some of the disadvantages are associated with the fact that the users never know what the settings of this program should be set so that the output is in the best format as well as quality.
2 Common Issue While Converting MTS/M2TS using Handbrake
There are several issues or disadvantages of using this program and some of them have been listed as below:
1. Out of Sync
It is one of the most common issues which a user faces in this regard and for the same reason it is also to be noted that the following are the four basic and major reasons of this issue and to overcome them the user should take remedial measures to make sure that the best is provided to the users in this regard and get the best as well.
- Player issue: In this case the player lags and the video that has been converted delays the sounds or the audio codec with a delay of several seconds to a minute.
- Intense features: At times the videos with intense features are encoded and for the same reason the user is not able to get the best results.
- System issue: If the PC has been infected by malware or virus then sometimes this issue occurs and it should be restarted to get the problem resolved.
- iv. Xvix issues: If the MPEG-2 video is being encoded then the user should make sure that the codec files are selected carefully so that the issue never occurs.
Now it is a sure thing that when a video is converted especially an mts or m2ts file then it is very obvious that the quality is severely affected in this regard. Sometimes it has also been seen that the quality of the video is also affected in terms of pixels and the issues in this regard. There is unfortunately no way out of this problem at all.
Part 2. Handbrake Alternative: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Handbrake is good software for being free and providing additional perks, but there are some basic limitations to this software. For instance, you cannot convert your files to more than two formats; you cannot do a batch conversion, you cannot convert copyright protected DVDs or your homemade DVDs with this. So people are looking for its alternatives. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) just works great and far superior than Handbrake.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
How to Convert MTS/M2TS Files with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) Professionally
It is one of the best convertors which make sure that the quality is never affected and the conversion is done in the best manner. Following is the detailed process for your guidance.
Step 1 Download Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) via the download button above, then launch it after installation.
Step 2 Click Add Files in the upper-left side to add the MTS or M2TS files you want to convert. Or you can directly drag your target MTS videos and drop them to the program.
Note: You can add several files in one go as the converter supports batch conversion.
Step 3 Click the icon in the Target section to get a drop-down list, where offers a huge variety of supported output formats neatly categorized into Recently, Video, Audio and Devie. you can select either based on the brand or model of your portable devices or specific file type.
Step 4 Hit Convert button in the lower-right to start MTS video conversion immediately. Done!
Part 3. Comparison: Handbrake vs. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Some would say that Handbrake is loaded with features being free software. But let us be honest and say that there are a few areas where Handbreak falls short. Then there are certain areas where Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) wins the battle. Let us go into a comparison to see which one is better than the other or which one is on top when it comes to converting videos.
|Features||Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)||Handbrake|
|Conversion of Batch files||
|Conversion File Types||
|Burning to DVDs||
I didn’t go into technical details for both the software. There is a huge difference between the two no matter which way you look at it. I presented the difference in simple terms for everyone to understand and choose the best one for the job. While Handbrake is an excellent software for the conversion jobs, there are few additional factors which give Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) the edge.