- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Best MTS to MOV Converter
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.24 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Top VHS Converters
- 4.6 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.7 Free MOD Converter
- 4.8 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.9 M2T Converter
- 4.10 Best MTS Converter
- 4.11 MTS Converter Mac
- 4.12 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.14 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.15 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.10 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.11 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.12 Top Sony Camcorders
How to Connect Camcorder to Mac Effortlessly
Connecting a camcorder to Mac is not very complicated and is not so different from connecting it to a PC, but it must be done properly in order to achieve a good result. This way, it is advisable that you make sure to be informed on whether the connection method works and how to follow the right steps before actually connecting them.
After connect and download media files to Mac, you can watch them with your favorite media player, or convert to other video formats for further editing in iMovie, Final Cut Pro, QuickTime, etc. Read the following parts to learn the easy steps to convert and connect camcorder videos on Mac.
- Part 1. Steps to Import Photos and Videos to Mac
- Part 2. Tips for Connecting Camcorder to Mac
- Part 3. How to Convert Camcorder Videos Easily on Mac
Part 1. Steps to Import Photos and Videos to Mac
What you need to connect camcorder to Mac
A 6 pin or 4 pin cable. Usually, camcorders need a 4 pin cable end in order to be able to connect to the Mac, although sometimes they might allow a 6 pin end as well.
Step 1 Make sure your camcorder is set to the correct mode for importing photos and videos. For information on which mode to choose, see the instructions provided with your camcorder. If your camcorder has a sleep mode, make sure it is disabled or set to a time increment long enough to allow your images and videos to download.
Step 2 The first step is to locate the four-pin FireWire port on your video camcorder. On most video camcorders, you'll find it located under a plastic or rubber boot. Leave the video camcorder powered off and simply lift up the boot from the camcorder and insert the smaller four-pin end of the FireWire cable into the the FireWire port of the camcorder
Step 3 Once the camcorder is connected, take the other end of the FireWire cable, the larger six pin end, and insert it into the FireWire port of your Mac. When both of the cables are connected, you can turn on the power to your video camcorder.
Step 4 In a few seconds, your Mac should automatically launch iMovie. Follow the on-screen instructions on your Mac and begin the video transfer from your video camcorder to your Mac.
Part 2. Tips for Connecting Camcorder to Mac
1. How to watch VHSs or DVDs using Mac?
If you wish to watch VHSs or DVDs by using your Mac, it is also possible. In order to achieve such goal, you would need a converter box which would convert the video signal into a signal which your Mac would recognize and then allow you to watch. This converter box would intermediate between each device, and would cause both their signals to be compatible.
When working with a converter box, you would need to connect it the video source as well as to the Mac. This way, you would need to use the cables necessary for both connections, and you should make sure they are the correct ones. It is recommendable that you learn how to properly achieve this before trying to do it. If you have any doubts, you should always consult each device owner’s manual or call the manufacturer’s customer service for advice.
2. How to use video from your connected or built-in iSight camcorder?
You can use your iSight camcorder to record video directly into your iMovie project. This means you can spontaneously add clips to your project while you're working on it. Just connect your iSight camcorder to the FireWire port of your Mac and you're ready to start recording. If you have more than one camcorder connected, such as an iSight and a camcorder, or you have an iMac with a built-in iSight-choose iSight from the pop-up menu that appears when you switch to camcorder mode. Alternative, you need to convert camcorder to iMovie compatible video formats, such as MOV.
Part 3. How to Convert Camcorder Videos Easily on Mac
If you want to play or edit the videos exported from your camcorder, the formats sometimes not supported. Then you need a professional video converter like Wondershare UniConverter, which can help you convert camcorder videos to MOV, MP4, and other 1000+ formats. Learn the detail steps about How to Convert Camcorder Videos Easily on Mac >>.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert camcorder AVCHD/MTS/M2TS files to MP4 or other 1000+ formats on Mac.
- Edit camcorder videos with trimming, cutting, merging, adding subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Compress camcorder video size smaller without losing any quality.
- Download and record videos from 1,000+ popular websits by simply pasting URLs.
- Burn camera videos to DVD/ISO/IFO files with attractive free DVD template on Mac.
- Transfer camcorder videos from Mac to iPhone/iPad/Android devices easily.
- Toolbox includes Fix Media Metadata, GIF Maker, Cast to TV, Video Compressor, Screen Recorder, DVD Copy, etc.
- Supported OS: Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.