- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Best MTS to MOV Converter
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.24 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Top VHS Converters
- 4.6 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.7 Free MOD Converter
- 4.8 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.9 M2T Converter
- 4.10 Best MTS Converter
- 4.11 MTS Converter Mac
- 4.12 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.14 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.15 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.10 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.11 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.12 Top Sony Camcorders
How to Play M2TS with Plex Media Server
"Can Plex Play M2TS files?"
You may have the same question as above if you have a camcorder and want to watch your videos on TV. This article will tell you how to convert MTS/M2TS to Plex Media server supported formats and playback without any trouble.
Plex Media server is one of the best services to make sure that all the formats are supported in the best possible manner. It is also to be noted that the best way of making sure that the Plex media server not only works in the best manner but also gets the desired results is to make sure that the expert support from the official website of the company is browsed so that the user can attend the forums and can post questions there.
- Part 1. Why Plex Media Server Cannot Play M2TS
- Part 2. How to Convert M2TS to Plex Compatible Formats for Playback
Question: So I have a bunch of .M2TS files in my Plex library, some of these files have multiple video streams (director commentary, main title). It seems like Plex chooses the first stream as the main title which is no good because some media files have the director's commentary as the first stream, so I go to watch the movie and I've got the regular audio with a 480i stream of the director's commentary. Is there any way to tell PMS which stream to use per media file? How can I fix this without rendering all of my .M2TS files to remove unwanted streams?
There are many answers to this question and it is all due to the fact that the Plex platform is not a smaller one and it has one of the best supports ever. The answer will be provided in form of points and it is also to be noted that the best point as per the needs and the demands of the users can be applied to make sure that the best results are obtained without any issue and problem:
- The files should be transcoded once again into a MKV of MP4 container and there are two main advantages of doing so. In the first place the user will save the space and in the second place the user will make sure that the most common format has been chosen to get the work done in an easy and straightforward manner.
- If the audio issues are found in the files that have been compressed by using the method above then the user needs to make sure that the DTS-HD audio format is used and it is then embedded with the MKV container to get the best results within no time at all.
- As the last and the easiest solution the user needs to make sure that http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR is visited for detailed solution in this regard and when it comes to http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BDInfo then this URL can also be used to make sure that the best is provided to the user in this regard.
Part 1. Why Plex Media Server Cannot Play M2TS
Again this is a question that has several answers and for the same reasons it is difficult to answer all of these by part. The answers will therefore be answered in points and parts to get a clearer view:
- The Plex Media support has a very limited outside codec support.
- In some cases the user needs to make sure that the M2TS files are transcoded and the Plex media player will play them.
- It is also advised to make sure that the relevant format which the Plex media server is supporting is used and the file is converted to this format to make sure that the playback is not interrupted ever in this regard.
- The Plex TV support is also effective to make sure that the M2TS files are converted to the appropriate formats which are usually using the .FLV extension in this regard.
These forums are of a great help for the users and they can make sure that the needful is done within no time. It is also to be noted that this tutorial will deal with a question that has been frequently posted on different forums like Reddit of the Plex TV forums and the answers to this question are too many that a user can apply any of them to make sure that the playing of M2TS file onto the Plex TV is not an issue at all. It also leads us to another point that apart from Plex TV forums the user can also visit other forums to make sure that the issue is resolved as soon as possible:
Part 2. How to Convert M2TS to Plex Compatible Formats for Playback
Wondershare UniConverter is the best program in this regard which is to be used to get the best results. Wondershare UniConverter supports 1000+ video/audio formats for input and output, also customized presets for all kinds of devices. So you can convert MTS/M2TS videos to MP4 or any other Plex media server supported formats and then playback. It also provides basic video editing functions such as trimming, cutting, merging, adding subtitles, etc. Learn more features about Wondershare UniConverter and follow the steps in the below parts.
Wondershare UniConverter - Complete Video Toolbox for Windows/Mac
- Convert MTS/M2TS videos to MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, WMV and other 1000 video formats supported by Plex.
- Edit videos with trimming, cutting, merging, adding subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Burn MTS/M2TS videos to DVD and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Cast videos to TV directly via WiFi/Bluetooth connection.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites easily.
- 30X fastter converting speed than any other common converters.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Video Tutorial to Convert M2TS Files to Plex Compatible Formats on Windows/Mac
Step 1 Add MTS files to convert for Plex server.
Download Wondershare UniConverter for free and install it on your computer, then run it and you'll get an interface as below. Click the Add Files button to add MTS files you want to convert. You can add several files in one go as the converter supports batch conversion.
Step 2 Choose output video format compatible to Plex.
Go to the Target Output Format section and click the drop-down button, then a drop-down list will appear with tabs of Recently, Video, Audio and Device. To simply select the MP4 format, go to Video > MP4 and select the specific resolution in the right. You can change the output format in batch by clicking on the Convert all files to: option.
Step 3 Convert MTS for Plex media server.
Hit the Convert All button to start convert M2TS to Plex media player supported format. You can find the converted files under the Converted tab after the quick conversion process.
Wondershare UniConverter also allows you to cast video to TV directly, just move to How to Cast Videos to TV >> to learn more.
The expert advice can also be utilized if the user is not the member of these forums as the guest login can be created to get the issues resolved. The Plex media server also has a guide that has been published online and for all those users who want to play M2TS and MTS players can make sure that the issue is resolved for them, and they get the best deals within no time at all. There are wide range of media file extensions both audio and video that are supported by this service and the user just needs to make sure that the needful is done within no time at all. These file extensions can also be viewed at https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/203810286-What-media-formats-are-supported- and the user can get the player as per the advice that has been provided there.