- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac/Windows
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.24 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Top VHS Converters
- 4.6 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.7 Free MOD Converter
- 4.8 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.9 M2T Converter
- 4.10 Best MTS Converter
- 4.11 MTS Convert on Mac
- 4.12 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.14 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.15 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.10 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.11 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.12 Top Sony Camcorders
There are multiple ways by which you can transfer videos from camera & camcorder to computer and we are here to help you with the simple, quick, and effective solutions. Transferring files from your camera to PC/Mac clears up space on your digital camera for recording more videos and it also enables you to edit the videos on your PC/Mac through various installed software. Additionally, when you transfer videos from camcorder to laptop, you also make them safe and secure. Read below to know about the complete solution to connect your camcorder to PC and transfer videos.
- Part 1. How to Connect Your Camcorder to Computer
- Part 2. How to Transfer Your Camera Videos to PC/Mac
- Part 3. Tips to Transfer Videos from Camera to PC/Mac
The very first thing that you need before transferring videos is to connect the camcorder to PC. You also need to check the ports available on your camcorder and PC and check their compatibility so that data can be seamlessly transferred.
What you need before the connection:
- A Camera/Camcorder with videos you need to be transferred
- A computer
- A connecting cable (the cable generally comes along with camcorders)
- A Firewire or USB port on your PC/Mac
Steps to connect your camcorder to PC/Mac:
You can connect the camcorder to the laptop using firewire port. Listed below are the steps for your convenience.
Connect the camcorder with the computer via the cable:
Once you successfully connect the camcorder to PC, it will be automatically detected by your PC/Mac and appear as hard disk drive on your system. A pop-up window will also appear at the bottom-right corner.
Note: In case if your camcorder is not recognised by PC, you would need to install the driver for the camcorder to PC video capture process to initiate.
Solution 1: Manually Add Your Camera Videos to PC/Mac
One of the most common and straightforward ways to add camera videos to PC/Mac is by doing it manually. There are different manual methods as listed below.
Method 1: Using SD Adapter
SD Adapter, commonly known as microSD card adapter, looks like a normal SD card that has a slot for inserting a microSD card. These adapters can be easily accommodated in any SD media port on PC or SD card reader. It allows transferring data between camera and PC.
Steps to transfer videos from camera to PC/Mac using SD Adapter:
Step 1: Take out microSD card from your camera and insert into SD adapter. Insert the adapter into the media slot on your PC.
Step 2: Open File Explorer on your PC (press Windows + E ). The connected SD adapter will be visible under Computer and will show as a removable drive.
Step 3: Double click on the SD adapter icon which will show 2 folders - DCIM and MISC.
Step 4: Open the DCIM folder that will show all the images and videos captured by the camera. Select the desired videos that you wish to transfer, and copy them to the desired folder on your PC. Alternatively, you can even drag and drop the videos.
Method 2: Automatic transfer with Auto Launch options
Another simple way of transferring camera videos to PC/Mac is through Auto launch option which appears automatically when you connect your camera to your PC.
Steps to transfer videos from camera to PC/Mac using Auto Launch:
Step 1: Using a USB cable, connect your camera to your PC/Mac.
Step 2: As soon as the camera is connected and detected by PC, a prompt will appear showing the connected camera and multiple options. You can select from :
- Browse files
- Change general settings
- Import pictures and videos
Method 3: Manual transfer using File Explorer
Another method for transferring videos is by doing it manually using File Explorer.
Steps to transfer videos from the camera to PC/Mac using File Explorer:
Step 1: Connect your camera to your PC/Mac using a cable.
Step 2: Open File Explorer (Windows + E key). The connected camera will appear under Computer. Click the Camera icon to open the card SD card folder.
Step 3: Open DCIM folder to access images and videos on your camera.
Step 4: Select desired videos and copy/paste to your PC. You can also drag and drop the videos.
Pros and Cons of the Manual solutions:
- Simple solution, free to use.
- Need no third party software or program.
- Allows to quickly transfer videos to PC.
- Support no additional features like editing videos, converting files and others.
- The method like auto launch does not allow to select the desired video.
You can select from the above listed manual solutions to capture video from the camcorder to PC, depending upon your convenience and requirements.
Solution 2: Add Your Camera Videos to PC/Mac Intelligently
Another best solution to add your camera videos to PC/Mac directly is by using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). The software is available for Windows as well a Mac system and works intelligently by identifying the videos from your camera and adding it directly to your PC/Mac. Using the software, you can not only add the videos but also perform an array of other features like editing videos, changing their format, transferring videos to iPhone and other devices easily.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to 1,000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps to add camera videos to Mac using Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac)
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Video Converter.
Download, install and launch Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) anc connect your camera to your Mac first.
Step 2 Select videos from camera.
On the main page of the software interface, select Convert tab and then click drop down menu beside +Add files. Select Add from Camcorder option.
A pop-up window will appear showing all the videos present on camera. Select the videos that you wish to transfer to Mac and then click Add To List.
Step 3 Select the desire format and convert.
Under Convert all tasks to, select the format to which you need to convert the added video. Click Convert All for the conversion process to start.
Step 4 Find the transferred camera video on Mac.
Once the conversion process is complete, click Converted tab to see the list of transferred video.
Click on File Location icon next to file name and the location where videos are transferred from the camera to your Mac will be shown.
Thus with the above steps, you can successfully transfer video to Mac.
Pros and Cons of the solution:
- Professional software with additional features like editing videos, changing formats, burning DVD, transfer camcorder videos to iOS devices and more.
- Works at a very fast speed.
- Need installation of third party software
- Paid software
If you do not need any additional features, then manual methods are more feasible.
With the above listed solutions, transferring videos from your camera to PC/Mac will now be a cakewalk. To further help you with the transferring process and make it even better below listed are some useful tips.
1. The present day camera and camcorders record high quality videos and thus if you transfer these videos to your PC, they occupy a lot of space on your PC's hard drive. Thus to save your computer hard disk space, you can either save the videos to external drive or burn them to DVD.
2. Different types of camera and camcorders use different types of connection and thus it is advisable to check the manual to know the type of connection needed before you transfer the videos from Handycam to PC. Also check the camera for the available ports.
3. It is important to check if your PC has the needed ports to transfer the videos from camera. Their compatibility with the camera also needs to be checked before the camcorder PC transfer process.
4. While you capture video from camcorder to PC on Windows 7 or other systems, it is always better to close the other programs which are running on your PC as the transfer process use a lot of system resources.
5. The present day DVD camcorder is capable of directly recording the videos to the DVD that can be played on Blu-ray player as well as regular players. If you want to transfer these recording DVD videos to PC, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) helps in converting the camera videos out of DVDs.
6. If you want to transfer camcorder videos from PC/Mac to iPhone/iPad/Android devices, you can use Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) which can transfer videos without any format compatibility problem. You can watch the video tutorial to learn more details about how to transfer camera videos to PC/Mac.
Thus it can be concluded that Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is an intelligent and a wonderful way to transfer videos from camcorder to PC/Mac. Have a free try now!