MTS is an advanced video format with superior HD-quality MPEG, AVC, H.264 stream video which is utilized by Canon, Sony, and Panasonic just to name a few. MTS format is not acknowledged broadly as MTS is available on Bluray recordings that have the capability of storing a significant amount of data that is not suitable for video editing.
Even professional editing software such as iMovie or Final Cut does not acknowledged these file thus prohibiting you from importing them. And this is why you need the best MTS Converter for Mac. The list will guide you on the best converter that is powerful, convenient, affordable and easy to use.
- Part 1. 5 Best MTS Converter for Mac
- Part 2. Free MTS Converter vs. Paid MTS Converter on Mac
- Part 3. Conclusion
To those who love to edit, download, convert, splice video, this may not be the first time you are going to hear about Wondershare. The way they designed the interface of this video converter is so easy to understand, and it is more than just a video converter.
- It has a total of 150 video formats. You no longer have to download separate video converter. This is a powerful video converter that can handle any video format.
- The video format is easy to understand. You do not have to educate yourself about MTS, MP4, AVI, Mpeg, h.264, etc. You just have to find your device and the system has already set the preference for that specific device.
- It offers HD and 3D conversion that you cannot find in other converter
- It allows you to stream your media to any smart devices
- Easily download online videos. Copy the URL from YouTube, dailymotion, vimeo and other video hosting site and Wondershare will automatically download it.
- Conveniently splice, combine and edit video.
- As it was mentioned above, the software is easy to use. However, since it offers a lot of features, it may take a while before you will be able to get the hang of using it.
Aiseesoft has the power to convert an MTS file to popular video formats such as Mov, M4V, DW, SWF, VOB, FLV, WMV, AVI, MKV, 3GP, MPG, and MP4. This software can also support 3d rendering on Mac. It also supports other portable devices such as Apple devices, TV, and mobile phones. For $35, it also comes with a video editing function that supports the basic editing such as crop, merge and watermark.
- HD Conversion
- Optimize the video format to achieve an optimum playback functions on specific device
- A bit expensive for a video converter that has no Burn feature
- The edit function does not allow you to add subtitle
Win X HD is usually a video converter for your desktop; however, it also has a Mac product. It offers its users a convenient way to convert MTS format to different movie format such as QT, MOV, OGM, WMV, FLV, TS, MPEG, AVI, BDAV, HDTV, AVCHD, and MKV. It also supports the most recent firmware and models of Mac and other devices. You can have the full feature of Win X HD for $49.95.
- Huge selection of video format
- Will not lower the quality of the video
- The interface is not that easy to understand
- Slow conversion speed (too slow)
- The edit function is complicated
- The price is too high
The Tipard UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will cost you $69.00 and will give you access to the wide extension of their video format. The size is around 23.81 MB and supports Mac 10.5 and above.
- A lot of optimization feature (audio and video)
- Set the video brightness, saturation level, hue, contrast before converting
- Supports basic video editing such as crop, trim, merge and others.
- Support only Mac 10.75 Operating System Does not support Mavericks
- Low Quality
- Too expensive for the low quality of the video conversion
Any Video Converter is the perfect name for this software as it allows you to convert MTS to any type of video. For $49.90, it also gives you the chance to download online videos and rip the DVD content which you cannot find from other software.
- Easy video downloading
- Convert video from any video format
- Slow conversion speed (an hour video will take 30 minutes)
- Does not support El Capitan
When you are choosing between paid and free converter; there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages in choosing any of them. With a free video converter, you will be able to save money; however, it is not as powerful as the paid video converter. The video that you can convert on a paid converter for only 4 minutes will take 50 minutes or more on a free converter. Furthermore, do not expect the same level of quality and expect some crashes especially for large files. On the other hand when choosing Paid Converter, you are required to spend some cash but you can be assured that you will maintain the quality of the video. You also have additional functions such as 3D rendering, downloading and editing.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the best MTS converter for Mac. It is 30x more powerful compared to the other video converter. It supports all devices even Xbox, chromecast, Apple TV, Roke, and others. It also offers a lot of additional functions such as editing, downloading, burning DVD, seamless transferring of files, video streaming, and others.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6