- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac/Windows
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.24 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Top VHS Converters
- 4.6 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.7 Free MOD Converter
- 4.8 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.9 M2T Converter
- 4.10 Best MTS Converter
- 4.11 MTS Convert on Mac
- 4.12 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.14 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.15 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.10 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.11 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.12 Top Sony Camcorders
A lot of camcorders record .mod videos. Some of the most popular camcorders like Panasonic and Canon record videos in this format. This also means that editing these videos is more complicated than editing mp4 or avi formats. Luckily for us, there is a solution. A bad side is that it is a bit more complicated. However, you need a short practice and a few programs. As you already know, one of the most powerful programs for editing videos, on Mac computers is iMovie. Sadly, it doesn’t support .mod files. It may open some mod files, but you cannot edit them.
- Part 1. How to Import MOD to iMovie on Mac
- Part 2. Why An MOD Video File Cannot Be Imported to iMovie
As aforementioned, a mod file cannot be imported into the iMovie. This means you will have to convert it in a format that iMovie supports. There are several, free, programs on the Internet that will do this. Sadly, this also means you will need more time in order to complete your project. The only, another solution is to buy a camcorder that can record in some format that is supported by iMovie.
One of powerful programs for editing videos is Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac). In fact, this is one of the most used programs as well. You will have to download it and install on your computer. There is a free trial version, but it has certain limitations, so you cannot use it for your projects. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is available for Mac and Windows computers. Besides conversion, it offers a lot of editing features and effects. Also, you can download videos, directly from the program and burn them on DVD. The best features of the Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) are:
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to 1,000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps on How to Convert MOD Files:
Step 1 Add MOD files.
Download and install Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Then, connect your camcorder to a computer and launch Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). It will automatically show and check all mod files on your camcorder. All you need to do is to click the inverted triangle beside Convert all tasks to and then select Add from Camcorder, check the ones you want to convert and click Add to Convert List to load the files to the program.
Step 2 Choose the output format as iMovie.
Click the inverted triangle beside Convert all tasks to and click Editing > iMovie, choose the resolution as you want.
Step 3 Start converting MOD to iMovie.
When you are done, you should click Convert All at the bottom right corner. This process may last a few seconds or several minutes, depending on the size of your files. When done, you can see the target video in the Converted tab. It takes just a few minutes to convert videos that have a size of several gigabytes. Do not interrupt the process. Even if there is a problem, so your computer reboot, your progress will be lost and you cannot use those files. If you are doing this on your laptop, make sure it is plugged in, so your battery cannot drain.
Step 4 Import converted MOD files to iMovie.
When Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) completes all tasks, you will see the converted files in the destination folder. You should know that you can choose the destination folder by yourself. Now, you can add files to the iMovie. All you need to do is to click on File >Import > Movies. They will be added to the program. Now you can edit them and save them when you are done. Now, iMovie can edit files without a problem. You can change aspect ratio, add effects and etc. with the iMovie.
iMovie cannot open .mod files. Some of the biggest camcorder manufacturers use mod format. Sadly, Apple devices don’t support it. Also, there are many programs that can open mod files. A mod file is a type of MPEG2 video file format. It isn’t naturally supported by Mac computers. A solution may be to modify the file in M2V, so a Mac computer can recognize it. A lot of developers offer their programs in order to solve this problem, however, many of them have flaws. The best way to import and edit mod files in iMovie is to convert them with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) and then import them into the iMovie.
There are several other ways to edit mod files. Sadly, most of them doesn’t work properly. You will lose time and money. Using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the safest and the fastest option. Even professionals use this program. You must try it and see how fast it is. If you are in a rush, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the perfect program for you. Also, it isn’t expensive and you can have support any time you want. As you may know, it is supported by Mac and Windows. Downloading and installing it is simple and it doesn’t require any special knowledge.