- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac/Windows
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.24 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Top VHS Converters
- 4.6 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.7 Free MOD Converter
- 4.8 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.9 M2T Converter
- 4.10 Best MTS Converter
- 4.11 MTS Convert on Mac
- 4.12 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.14 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.15 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.10 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.11 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.12 Top Sony Camcorders
Sony camcorder is mainly divided into Standard Definition Models (Sony DCR-) series and High Definition Models (Sony HDR-) series. Different models create different video formats.
Standard Definition Models such as Sony DCR-SR47, Sony DCR-DVD650, Sony DCR-HC52, Sony DCR-SR45, Sony DCR-SR87, Sony DCR SX40, Sony DCR SX41, Sony DCR-SR220, etc, the video formats they create are MPEG-2 and DV (AVI). High Definition Models such as Sony HDR-CX100, Sony HDR-SR 7, Sony HDR-SR 5, Sony HDR-XR500V, Sony HDR-TG1, Sony HDR XR100, Sony HDR-CX12, Sony HDR-SR11, etc. The video formats they create are MPEG4 AVC/H.264 and MPEG-2.
But only MP4, MOV video formats can be imported to Mac, that is why many of us always feel awkward that we could not import Sony camera video to iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and other applications to do video editing.
If we convert Sony MPEG-2, AVI video to MP4, MOV, then we can import Sony camera video to iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, QuickTime, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, etc on Mac OS X (Catalina Included).
Wondershare Sony Video Converter for Mac is a good solution to convert Sony camera video like MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DV, AVI to any other video and audio formats like WMV, MOV, MP4, AVI, 3gp, etc on Mac OS X. And this smart app is available here. You can free download it for try.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to 1,000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
All the output Sony camera video can be played on iPod, iPhone (iPhone OS 3.0), PSP, PSP Go, Apple TV, Nokia and other mobile players.
Moreover, with this Sony Video Converter for Mac, you can also trim, crop, effect Sony camera videos on Mac.
Detailed video tutorial on how to convert MPEG to MOV:
Step 1 Add your MPEG-2 files to the converter.
Download, install Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac), launch it on your Mac. Connect your Sony camcorder with your Mac. Then click the inverted triangle beside the Add Files button and select Add from Camcorder from the drop-down list. Your Sony camcorder videos will be detected from the pop-up video, select the videos from the list and click Add to List to load the videos.
Step 2 Select the output format as MOV.
Click the inverted triangle beside Convert all tasks to and select Video > MOV > Same as Source
Step 3 Start converting MPEG to MOV.
After you have chosen the target format, click Convert All to start the conversion. After a while, you can find the converted videos in the output folder.
It's an easy-to-use tool, right? Have a free try now!