- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac/Windows
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.24 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Top VHS Converters
- 4.6 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.7 Free MOD Converter
- 4.8 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.9 M2T Converter
- 4.10 Best MTS Converter
- 4.11 MTS Convert on Mac
- 4.12 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.14 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.15 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.10 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.11 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.12 Top Sony Camcorders
MTS/M2TS is commonly found in AVCHD video clips recorded from camcorders of Panasonic, Sony, JVC, and Canon. These MTS/ M2TS files are natively supported by Final Cut Pro. But usually, you may come across you can’t import M2TS/MTS to Final Cut Pro for editing. The reason for this is your M2TS or MTS files can't be fully compatible with Final Cut Pro.
- Part 1. Things You Need to Know about M2TS Subtitles: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
- Part 2. How to Extract Subtitles from M2TS Files
Part 1. How to Import MTS/M2TS to Final Cut Pro for Editing
This article then would be your great helper showing you how to convert MTS to Final Cut Pro completely compatible files in step by step. In order to keep the video quality as well as finish the MTS Final Cut Pro task as quickly as possible, a Video Converter for Mac is in use. Just download and install it, then follow the three steps before you import MTS to Final Cut Pro for editing:
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to 1,000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps on How to Import MTS/M2TS to Final Cut Pro for Editing:
Step 1 Import MTS files to the MTS to Final Cut Pro converter.
It's considerate allowing you to directly add your camcorder files into the Mac app for starting your MTS to FCP conversion. Just connect your camcorder, and then run this program. At once, it will detect the device, and you can see all recorded MTS files on the screen by clicking drop-down arrow beside Add Files and select Add from Camcorder. Just select the files you want from the pop-up window, and click the Add to List button to import them.
If you have several MTS files and wanna merge them into one for getting a continuous file, you can enable the Merge All Videos option at the bottom of the main interface of the MTS to Final Cut Pro converter.
Step 2 Set Final Cut Pro compatible format as output format.
For the sake of saving your time, the MTS to Final Cut Pro application provides an optimized preset for Final Cut Pro so that you can directly choose it under Editing section as your output format.
Step 3 Start converting MTS to Final Cut Pro.
Click Convert All button and then the rest would be accomplished automatically. After that, you can find the output files on your Mac, and then successfully import them to Final Cut Pro for video editing. The Mac app works fine on iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air running Mac OS Mojave, High Sierra, etc.
Tips: Actually, this program also provides you with all common video editing tools. If need, you can directly edit your videos in this app.
Part 2. Know More about Final Cut Pro
From the tech spec of Final Cut Pro, we know that we can "use the Log and Transfer function in Final Cut Pro to ingest Panasonic AVC-Intra and DVCPRO HD from P2 cards, Sony XDCAM EX, and AVCHD. Or use Sony's free XDCAM Transfer software to ingest XDCAM, 18-, 25-, and 35-Mbps XDCAM HD, and XDCAM HD 422 media." To know the details, you can go to the tech spec of Final Cut Pro. And to import MTS to Final Cut Pro for further editing, you can refer to the user manual of Final Cut Pro in Apple.com.
Convert MTS to QuickTime MOV : If you have lots of MTS files, chances are you want to convert your camera MTS videos to QuickTime MOV format for uses in Apple software like QuickTime, iMovie and devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod touch etc.
Import MTS to Adobe Premiere: Wanna convert your MTS files to Adobe Premier without quality loss? Consider it done here. This article can surely help you convert MTS to Adobe Premiere compatible formats, so you can import MTS files to this app for video editing without any trouble.
Convert MTS to Any Format on Computer: Wondershare MTS video converter for Mac allows you to convert MTS video files to any audio and video format, even device etc.
Convert MTS to ProRes : If you want to convert MTS to ProRes for smooth editing in FCP, iMovie, or Adobe Premier, this article will show you how to do this job step by step. Just get the detailed guide here.