- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 2.1 Play MTS on iPad
- 2.2 Play M2TS with Plex Media Server
- 2.3 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.4 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Best MTS to MOV Converter
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.9 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.10 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.11 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.12 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.13 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to DVD
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MPG
- 3.18 Convert MOD to WMV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.20 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.21 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3. Camera Video Converters +
- 4. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 4.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 4.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 4.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 4.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 4.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 4.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 4.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 4.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 4.9 Best 4K Camcorders in 2021
- 4.10 Top Sony Camcorders
How to Convert VHS to Digital on Windows and Mac
You might have a huge collection of old VHS videos of beautiful moments with your family members and friends and with rising digital trends. You may surely love to convert VHS to digital files. Some of you may be thinking that this process might be too much complicated, so it will be good to take help from professionals, but actually, this task becomes much easier with some software tools. No need to learn any special technical skill for converting these files, simply follow the instructions provided in this quick tutorial and get out of all confusions with ease.
- Part 1. Things you need before converting VHS files to digital files
- Part 2. Setting and steps to record on Windows
- Part 3. How to convert VHS to digital on Mac
- Part 4. How to convert, compress and burn VHS files
- 1. You will need a VCR, but don't worry if you do not have your own because it is possible to get it easily online at a very cheap price range.
- 2. Prefer to buy an adapter unit named a video capture device as it will help you to make a connection between VCR and computer.
- 3. RCA Cable with male to male terminal connections.
- 4. A computer that is loaded with Windows.
It is much easier to make software settings for recording tasks on Windows, and the steps can be followed quickly even by a non-technical person. Those who want to learn basic information about these steps can proceed as below:
- 1. First of all, you have to install software that usually comes with a video capture device. Some of you may face troubles installing this tool because it often occurs within a CD, and presently systems are CD drive less but don't worry because it is possible to download this software from the internet directly on to your device and install it with suitable configurations.
- 2. Now you need to make the connection between your video capture device and computer; make sure that you connect yellow color plugs into yellow plugs at another end and similarly white plugs into their prescribed white location. Also, ensure that you have connected audio out as well as video out ports of VCR.
- 3. Once the above settings are finished, then the next task is to run the honestech TVR 2.5 program; you have to install it on your system using some online sources. After opening the front window of this software, you have to open the settings and select the name of your video capture device that is mostly presented as "OEM Device."
- 4. It is time to turn on VCR by inserting the tape inside and then press the record button on the TVR program to start recording; when you want to play your recorded file, then simply press the play button on VCR.
In this way, you will be able to record videos on VCR and play them easily via system settings. But when you need to convert these VHS files into digital files, then you have to go little beyond these steps, but the procedure is again very simple, as described below.
- 1. In order to convert VHS files into digital files, you need to install a window on the MAC device, and it can be done by using parallels as well as Bootcamp. You will be able to find window tutorial online, simply follow these steps to finish the conversion process.
- 2. Prefer to make use of a built-in software of VHS converter as it can extend easy support to mac, such as Elgato Video Capture.
- 3. If you are searching for a low-cost solution to complete this conversion task, then you will be glad to know that QTRecorder is the cheapest solution available in the market, and developer.apple.com develops it. It supports all types of VHS converter devices that can be connected to Windows for recording tasks.
There are so many software tools available online to initiate the conversion process of VHS to digital files, but our first most consideration to do this job must be about the quality of output video as well as the cost-effectiveness of used tools. If you wish to get all desired features at one platform, then none other than Wondershare UniConverter can serve you best. This software tool is specially designed to serve users with easy to follow instructions, user-friendly interface, and numerous tools embedded inside the software so that conversion needs can be fulfilled in a more customized manner.
Wondershare UniConverter - Convert Digital VHS Files to Any Format
- Convert digital VHS files to any format like MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, and other 1,000 formats.
- 90X faster-converting speed without losing any quality.
- Convert videos to optimized preset for almost all devices, like iPhone, iPad, Huawei phone, etc.
- Edit digital VHS files with trimming, cropping, adding watermark, editing subtitles, etc.
- Burn and customize videos to your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad, and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on how to convert, compress, and burn digital VHS files:
Before the following steps, you'll need to follow the instructions above to convert your VHS files to digital files. Then you could do the next steps.
Step 1 Add files to the VHS converter.
Once you have launched Wondershare UniConverter on your computer, then you can either simply use a drag-and-drop feature to bring your video from the computer or click the button to get your video for conversion. The loading task will not take more than a few seconds.
Step 2 Edit digital VHS video (Optional).
You will be glad to know that the Wondershare software tool also provides the opportunity to edit video files to any desired format so that the output video can be highly customized. Use editing tools present under the video thumbnail on Wondershare software to make all required changes.
Step 3 Select output format and compress video size.
The next step is to choose your video output format from the Output Format: list of supported formats. You can find all available formats under the Video tab.
Step 4 Convert digital VHS files to any format.
Finally, you can hit the Start All button on the screen, within very less time, your video file will be stored to your selected output folder, or you can find under the Finished tab.
Bonus Step: Burn Converted Videos to DVD
If you need to burn the converted video to the DVD, you need to add it to the DVD Burner list by right-clicking on the converted video and select from the drop-down list.
You can choose the DVD template and adjust the DVD settings, or just use the default settings, then click the Burn button to start the burning process.
It's so easy to use Wondershare UniConverter to record, convert, compress video and burn video to DVD, right? Have a free trial now!