- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 2.1 Play MTS on iPad
- 2.2 Play M2TS with Plex Media Server
- 2.3 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.4 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Best MTS to MOV Converter
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.9 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.10 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.11 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.12 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.13 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to DVD
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MPG
- 3.18 Convert MOD to WMV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.20 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.21 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3. Camera Video Converters +
- 4. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 4.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 4.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 4.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 4.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 4.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 4.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 4.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 4.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 4.9 Best 4K Camcorders in 2021
- 4.10 Top Sony Camcorders
How to Use MOD Converter for Mac to Convert MOD (MOI) Files on Mac
"How do I convert a .mod file on a Mac?"
When you get a good video on your JVC camera, and you want to import it into your Mac or iPad/iPhone, or upload to YouTube for sharing online and friends, then you'll have the similar question that MOD files can't be opened on Mac. To solve this problem, you need to convert MOD files to a more common video format, like MOV for Apple devices, using a MOD converter for Mac. Read the following parts to learn more details.
- Part 1. How to convert MOD files to other formats on Mac
- Part 2. How to play MOD files on Mac
- Part 3. How to extract audio from MOD (MOI) on Mac
- Part 4. How to trim, crop MOD (MOI) video on Mac
- Part 5. Extended knowledge about MOD files
Part 1. How to convert MOD files to other formats on Mac.
Wondershare UniConverter is the best MOD Converter for Mac to convert MOD (MOI) files to AVI, FLV, WMV, MP4, 3GP, 3GPP, QuickTime (MOV, QT), MPG, MKV, etc. Then you can enjoy your favorite camera videos on your popular portable players like iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, Zune, PDA/Pocket PC (including BlackBerry), Creative Zen, Archos, Epson media players, and any cell phone.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MOD Converter for Mac
- Best Mac MOD converter to convert MOD videos to 1,000+ formats easily on Mac.
- Convert MOD videos to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit MOD videos on Mac with trimming, cropping, cutting, merging, adding subtitles, etc.
- Burn video to playable DVD with an attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000 video sharing sites like YouTube.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
- Supported Apple OS:
- Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
- Unibody Macbook, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, and PC with Mac OS X.
3 Easy Steps to Convert MOD Files on Mac
Step 1 Add files to MOD converter Mac.
After you have downloaded and installed Wondershare UniConverter for Mac, launch it on your Mac. Then click the inverted triangle beside Add Files > Add from Camcorder and choose the MOD files you need to convert on Mac.
Step 2 Choose output format like MP4/MOV for MOD files.
Click the inverted triangle beside the Output Format: option and click the Video tab to choose the format and resolution as you want.
Step 3 Convert MOD files Mac.
When you are done, you should click the Start All button in the bottom-right corner. You can find the converted videos in the Output Folder after conversion. Now, you can play and edit the MOD videos on your Mac smoothly.
Part 2. How to play MOD files on Mac.
How to play MOD on Mac? MOD videos can be viewed on a computer with a player that is capable of reproducing MPEG-2 video. This video can be easily authored for watching on a DVD player without re-compression because it is fully compliant with DVD-video standard.
The MOD files can be easily renamed into AVI or MPG files and can then be read easily by most video editing or playback tools. If you just want to playback MOD video files on your Mac simply rename them as MPG or MV2, and you should have no problem in opening and viewing your video clips in Mplayer OS X or VLC Media player.
Part 3. How to extract audio from MOD (MOI) on Mac.
You can extract audio files from MOD files on Mac too. With the similar steps as Part 1, only the difference is to choose the output format as M4V, MP3, or other audio formats from Audio Category.
Part 4. How to trim, crop MOD (MOI) video on Mac.
With this all-in-one MOD Converter for Mac, you can easily trim, crop, or set brightness and saturation with your favorite camera videos, also you can merge many video clips into one file which is magic for all of us. You only need to tab one of the editing tools to enter the editing window under the video thumbnail. Learn more about editing videos.
Watch the tutorial video to learn how to edit videos:
Part 5. Extended knowledge about MOD files.
1. Hardware products of MOD file supported camcorders
JVC MOD camcorders
- 2004: GZ-MC100 (SD), GZ-MC200 (SD)
- 2005: GZ-MG30 (HDD), GZ-MG70 (HDD)
- 2006: GZ-MG37 (HDD), GZ-MG77 (HDD), GZ-MG505 (HDD, SD/SDHC card)
- 2007: GZ-MG130 (HDD), GZ-MG155 (HDD), GZ-MG255 (HDD), GZ-MG555 (HDD, SD/SDHC card)
- 2008: GZ-MS100U (SD/SDHC card)
- 2008: GZ-MG7230 (30 GB HDD, MicroSD)
- 2009: GZ-MG630 (60 GB HDD, MicroSD), GZ-MG670 (80 GB HDD, MicroSD), GZ-MG680 (120 GB HDD, MicroSD)
Panasonic MOD camcorders
- 2003: SV-AV100 (SD card)
- 2005: SDR-S100 (SD card)
- 2006: SDR-S150 (SD/SDHC card)
- 2007: SDR-S10 (SD/SDHC card), SDR-H18 (HDD, SD card), SDR-H200 (HDD, SD/SDHC card)
- 2008: SDR-H20 (HDD, SD/SDHC card), SDR-H60 (HDD, SD/SDHC card)
- 2008: SDR-S7 (SD/SDHC card)
- 2008: SDR-SW20 (SD/SDHC card)
- 2009: SDR-SW21 (SD/SDHC card)
- 2009: SDR-S26 (SD/SDHC card)
Canon MOD Camcorders
- 2008: FS100 (SDHC), FS10 (SDHC), FS11 (SDHC)
- 2009: FS200 (SDHC), FS21 (SDHC), FS22 (SDHC)
2. What's MOD
MOD is an informal name of tapeless video formats used by JVC, Panasonic, and Canon in some models of digital camcorders. The recording media for MOD format camcorder including Hard disk drive and solid-state memory cards. It uses MPEG-2 video compression and MPEG-1 audio compression. The video frame size in pixels including 720 x 480, 720 x 576, 704 x 480, 352 x 480 and the video frame aspect ratio is 4:3 or 16:9. The file suffix .mod is marked on the camcorder but changed to .mpg or .mpeg while imported to a computer. Compared with TOD file format, MOD is used exclusively for standard definition video files, while TOD is used for high definition files.