- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac/Windows
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to DV
- 3.24 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.25 Convert AVCHD/M2TS/MTS to iTunes
- 3.26 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sanyo Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.6 Top VHS Converters
- 4.7 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.8 Free MOD Converter
- 4.9 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.10 M2T Converter
- 4.11 Best MTS Converter
- 4.12 MTS Convert on Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.14 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.15 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.16 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best Connon Cameras & Camcorders
- 5.10 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.11 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.12 The Most Popular Panasonic Cameras
- 5.13 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.14 Top Sony Camcorders
Sony is a popular name in the field of photography and videography devices. The history of Sony Camcorder and Handycam dates back to the year 1983 when the company released its first camcorder called Betacam for the professional use. Betamovie BMC-100P was the first consumer camcorder by Sony. Over the next few years, the company kept developing new technologies and models of camcorders as per users demand and requirements. Finally, in the year 1995, the first digital MiniDV camcorder called VX1000 was launched by the company. Moving ahead, Sony released its first HDV CMPS camcorder supporting 1080i in mid-2005. Sony HDR-HC5 and Sony HDR-HC7 were further models added to the list. Further, over the years Sony improved its technology and launched upgraded models from time to time. In the year 2011, first 3D AVCHD camcorder called TD 10 was released by the company. TD20V and TD30V were other siblings of the range. Next came NX5 which was its first professional AVCHD camcorder. In the year 2014 first consumer UHD camcorder called FDR-AX100 was released. The other model in the range was FDR-AX33. Thus with time, Sony improved its technology and kept adding latest models with different features to take care of users requirements and beat its competitors.
Your Complete Video Toolbox - Convert Sony Camcorder Video to Any Format
- Convert Sony camcorder Video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert Sony camcorder Video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
If you are planning to get a Sony Camcorder, the below-given list of top 6 Sony Camcorders of the year 2017 will be a great help to you.
1. Sony HDR-CX455
This is a full HD Handycam camcorder from Sony that allows shooting impressive and detailed videos in all conditions. The model features Optical SteadyShot along with the Active mode that reduces the camera shake and thus blurring. Surround sound is recorded using the camera, owing to its new 5.1ch microphone records. Other specifications of the model include ZEISS lens with 30x optical range, fast and intelligent AF, time lapse capture and 3 inch LCD display. Sony HDR-CX455 is available in the market at an approximate price of USD 399.00.
- Impressive image stabilization.
- Effective AF.
- Pocket-friendly price.
- Cannot record slow motion videos.
- Does not allow to made time lapse directly from the camcorder.
2. Sony FDR-AX100/B
If you new to 4K video recording then Sony FDR-AX100/B will prove to be a great pick. The device is compact in size which makes it easy to use and handle. The model features 29mm wide angle ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T-Lens for recording detailed 4K videos. Other features of this digital camcorder include 12x optical zoom support, 1.0 type Exmor R CMOS sensor, advanced BIONZ X image processing engine and versatile manual settings. The model is priced at USD 1599.00.
- Easy to use manual mode.
- 12x optical zoom.
- Good sensor with less noises.
- Touch screen is not very responsive.
3. Sony FDR AX53/B
If you are in search for a 4K camcorder that does not burn a hole in your pockets then Sony FDR AX53/B is an apt choice. This power packed model features balanced Optical SteadyShot and Fast Intelligent AF that allows recording detailed and clear videos. The camcorder features 5.1 channel Dolby audio capture with mic level control. Additional features include ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens with 20x optical zoom, 3 inch LCD display, and others. This Sony camcorder 4k is priced at USD 849.99.
- Features slow motion and time lapse.
- Improved optical zoom.
- Size and sensor chip is a matter of disappointment for some professionals.
- 4K recordings does not support improved optical image stabilization.
4. Sony FDRAX33/B
This is another popular Sony HD camcorder to consider if you are looking for a compact model with all latest features. The device is capable of recording videos which are 4 times better in quality as compared to full HD. The image stabilization of the camcorder makes sure that you have blurred free footages. Other specifications knitted to the device include balanced Optical SteadyShot, 29.8mm ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T Lens with 10x optical zoom and 3 inch Xtra Fine LCD display. This Sony digital Handycam is priced at USD 749.99.
- Good image stabilization feature.
- Compact, lightweight and easy to use model.
- Pocket friendly.
- In low light conditions, average quality videos are recorded.
This model from Sony is a hi8 camcorder which allows recording good quality videos with an ease. For having great close ups, the model features 10x Carl Zeiss optical lens along with 120x digital zoom. Its Super NightShot comes with a 2-stage slow shutter for capturing in dark conditions. Other specifications include SteadyShot Picture Stabilization, analog recording capabilities, 2.5inch Active Matrix LCD screen, and others. This Sony hi8 camcorder is available for an approximate price of USD 165.
- Easy to use lightweight model.
- Good as a first DV camera.
- LCD screen size is small.
6. Sony HDR-CX440
This is another HD camcorder from Sony that features 26.8, Zeiss Lens with 30x optical zoom and 60x clear image zoom. The 2.7 inch of Clear Photo Plus LCD display of the model offers clarity and brightness. The Ustream 4 live streaming feature of the camcorder allows LIVE broadcast from the device. Additional specifications include Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, NFC2/WiFi with connecting, control, backup, and share option, built-in USB cable, Exmor R CMOS sensor, face detection, XAVC S, AVCHD and MP4 recording. Sony HDR-CX440 is available for an approximate price of USD 298.
- Compact and lightweight model.
- Multi camera control.
- Good quality 1080p video recording.
- Absence of touchscreen.
- Does not support slow-motion video recording.
Q1. What's the general price about Sony camcorder?
ANS: The price of Sony Camcorder varies from range to range and from model to model. The entry level camcorders with basic features are tagged at affordable price range whereas high-end professional models come with exorbitant price tags. Depending upon your requirements you can select a model that fits your budget.
Q2. How to transfer Sony camcorder videos to computer?
ANS: Transferring Sony camcorder videos to the computer not only empties space on the camcorder for further recording but also keeps the videos safe and secure. The simplest way to transfer video is by connecting the camcorder to the PC using a USB cable and then transferring the desired videos to the PC. Take the USB cable that comes along with Sony Handycam and plug its one end to the Sony camcorder and another end to the USB port on the PC. Once Sony camcorder is connected, a pop-up to “Import Media Files” will appear. Open the folder, select the videos and transfer the videos to the PC.
Q3. What is Sony camcorder video format?
ANS: Different models of Sony camcorder supports different formats depending upon their specifications and use. Still, some of the major formats supported by the majority of the device include AVCHD, MP4, DV, XAVC S, XAVC S HD, HDV, MPEG2, MPEG4/H.264.
Q4. How to show Sony camcorder video on other devices?
ANS: If you wish to play the Sony Camcorder videos over portable media players and other devices, the format in which video is recorded must be compatible with the players. In the majority of the situations there is format incompatibility and here a need for conversion software arises. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is one such professional software that allows converting Sony camcorder videos to MP4 and other formats. The software also allows converting videos to device specific format so that they can be played seamlessly without any issues. The conversion process using the software is simple and quick.
Steps to convert Sony camcorder videos to MP4 and other formats using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate):
- Open Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on your PC/Mac. Connect Sony camcorder to PC using a USB cable.
- On the main interface of the software, click drop down menu beside Add Files and select Add from Camcorder. A list of camcorder videos will appear. Select the desired videos.
- Select desired output format from the drop-down format list and click Convert All. The selected files will be successfully converted to the desired format.
Q5. What are the main accessories of Sony Camcorder?
ANS: There is a wide range of accessories available along with different models of Sony camcorders. These accessories make the recording process easy, keep the camcorder safe and also enhance the overall quality of the captured videos. Some of the commonly used accessories include Sony camcorder battery, chargers, flashes & lights, microphones, speakers, tripods, remotes, cases, covers, straps, memory card and adapters.
Q6. What are different types of Sony Camcorders available?
ANS: Sony has introduced a range of camcorders that come knitted with a different set of specifications. Depending upon the features needed, you can select from the available types which include- memory camcorders, interchangeable lens camcorders, hard drive camcorders, Sony DVD camcorder, and tape camcorders.
Q7. Images of Sony camcorder’s LCD screen is displayed upside down?
ANS: The issue may arise due to the problem in display switch. First of all turf off your camcorder, take out the battery or remove the connected AC adapter/charger. Wait for a minute and again out back the battery or connect the charger and turn on the camcorder. If the issue still persists, the device may need to be repaired.
So pick any one of the above listed Sony Camcorders and get yourself moments recorded in HD quality.