- 1. AVCHD Knowledge+
- 2. Convert & Play AVCHD+
- 2.1 convert avchd to mpeg
- 2.2 convert avchd to wmv
- 2.3 convert avchd to quicktime
- 2.4 convert avchd to h.264
- 2.5 convert avchd to youtube
- 2.6 import avchd to imovie
- 2.7 convert avchd to adobe premiere
- 2.8 convert avchd to final cut pro
- 2.9 import avchd to final cut pro x
- 2.10 convert avchd to prores
- 2.11 convert avchd to prores 4444
- 2.12 convert sony avchd files
- 2.13 convert avchd with handbrake
- 2.14 convert avchd with ffmepg
- 2.15 pay avchd on ps3
- 2.16 play avchd on ipad
- 2.17 play avchd on mac
- 2.18 play panasonic avchd files
AVCHD, which stands for Advanced Video Coding High Definition, was introduced by Sony and Panasonic, and it’s a video file format which is the default format on many models of high definition video cameras and camcorders. Unfortunately, it is not a widely recognized video format, so users can experience problem when they try to play the recorded AVCHD video on their Mac OS computers, tablets or smartphones.
Therefore, in order to be able to watch the recorded AVCHD video on a range of different devices, most people decides to convert their AVCHD files to other, more compatible video formats. We researched both free and paid software, as well as desktop and online versions, and here is our list of top 5 AVCHD converters for Mac OS:
- Part 1. Top 5 AVCHD converters for Mac OS
- Part 2. Free AVCHD video converter VS Paid AVCHD video converter on Mac OS
- Part 3. The best AVCHD video converter for Mac OS
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
- Full compatibility with a wide range of formats
- Ultra-fast conversion
- Wireless video transfer
- Integrated DVD burner
- Built-in video editor
- One Click video download
- A variety of useful features
- Has good file support
- Easy to use
- Covers all your video converting, editing and transferring needs
- It’s not free
- Converts AVCHD files to MP4, H.264, MPEG-4, M4V, MOV, DV, MPEG-2, FLV, SWF, 3GP/3G2, RM/RMVB, AVI, WMV, ASF and more
- Has optimized conversion for a range of mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, HTC, Blackberry, etc)
- Downloads videos from video hosting sites like YouTube to your hard drive
- You can convert a number of different file formats
- Remove DRM Protection from M4V movies
- Complicated to use
- Converts AVCHD to MP4, AVCHD to AVI, AVCHD to MOV
- Trim video clips option
- Easy to use
- Supports a small number of file formats for conversion
- Editing option is rudimentary, you can only trim the length of the video
- Converts AVCHD to MP4
- Online software
- Easy to use and free
- No need to download or install software
- You can convert only files smaller than 200MB
- Process can be slow and problematic if you don’t have good internet connection
- Converts HDV and AVCHD formats with rewrap method
- Rich metadata support
- Full timecode support
- No generation loss
- Doesn’t have any additional feature except conversion
In most cases, people will first try and look for free software, but it’s not always a good option. If you wish a reliable software, you’ll have to decide on paid versions.
With free video converters, both online and desktop versions, you will save money but loos the quality of the video, as well as time. These programs often have bugs and won’t be able to perform nearly as good as paid versions. They’re also really slow and damage the original quality of the file. Even if you want to risk your files, most of these programs don’t offer much in terms of the file size- you can only convert small files, which is rarely the case with videos.
Paid video converters, on the other hand, offer reliable and quality service. Your original file quality will be protected, and you’ll have no limit in regards to the file size or with choosing formats, most of them have a lot of different video formats to choose from. Another advanatage is that paid converters offer additional useful features that can take care of everything video-related in one place, from converting to editing and more.
After testing, with undoubtedly best performance and range of features, best AVCHD video converter for Mac OS is Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Due to its incredible speed, which topped others with amazing results, and with decidedly best array of additional features, this software is a perfect solution to all video needs for Mac users. At one place you can convert and edit your video to the smallest detail, and when you’re finished, you can use their wireless transfer option to send your video files to any device you want. It’s also great if you wish to download videos from YouTube or other video hosting sites, since all you need is a few clicks for this program to download your favorite videos to your hard drive.
All in all, with the best value that includes multiple software functions bundled in one, this is the best AVCHD converter for Mac OS.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Directly convert video to over 1000 media formats, including MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV and more.
- Burn videos to DVD disk to play with your DVD player at 30X fastest speed.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final.
- Edit videos with the advanced video editing functions like crop, trim, add subtitle, apply effect, etc.