- 1. AVCHD Knowledge+
- 2. Convert & Play AVCHD+
- 2.1 convert avchd to mpeg
- 2.2 convert avchd to wmv
- 2.3 convert avchd to quicktime
- 2.4 convert avchd to h.264
- 2.5 convert avchd to youtube
- 2.6 import avchd to imovie
- 2.7 convert avchd to adobe premiere
- 2.8 convert avchd to final cut pro
- 2.9 import avchd to final cut pro x
- 2.10 convert avchd to prores
- 2.11 convert avchd to prores 4444
- 2.12 convert sony avchd files
- 2.13 convert avchd with handbrake
- 2.14 convert avchd with ffmepg
- 2.15 pay avchd on ps3
- 2.16 play avchd on ipad
- 2.17 play avchd on mac
- 2.18 play panasonic avchd files
Own a video camera and love editing movie files? Odds are you have run across problems when trying to edit your footage like this person:
“I am having a hard time trying to find a way to convert my mxf files (shot on canon xf305) into prores so I can edit in final cut 7. Are there any free programs for this? All trial versions are watermarked or limited to the point of being useless?”
If your camera produces the video files in a MXF file, it can be difficult to edit the footage in Microsoft movie maker (Windows) or Final Cut Pro (Adobe). However, this does not mean that your file is not editable. Instead you will just have to do a little extra work and covert the file to the proper file format.
- Part 1. Suitable software to convert MXF and AVCHD to ProRes
- Part 2. How to convert MXF and AVCHD to ProRes on Windows
- Part 3. How to convert MXF and AVCHD to Apple ProRes on Mac
If you are like the person who’s story we shared, and also having trouble with your file formant, rest assured. This article will teach you the ins-and-outs of how to properly convert you file format into something you can easily edit.
How to convert MXF to Apple ProRes? There are a lot of different converters you could use to do this. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is one of these products. It will enable you to decode your footage, and convert the MXF to ProRes extremely quickly. It will also allow you to covert your MXF file to nearly every other type of video footage formant. This includes MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, FLV, etc. This will allow you to never have issues playing your footage on any platform including your iPhone, iPad, personal computer, Blackberry, Playstation, Xbox, and more.
The software also includes basic editing features that will allow you to alter the footage by adjusting the volume, extracting audio from MXF video and even more.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
To convert the file is actually quite simple. Be sure to follow the following steps to ensure that your footage gets converted quickly and efficiently.
Step 1 Download the ProRes converter. Using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will give you some of the best results.
Step 2 Import the MXF, avchd or other videos, and make sure that they load properly. Backup the footage before you try to convert to ensure you don't loose any of your footage.
Step 3 Select output format, video---ProRes and click convert
There is also a free download for those also using Mac. The MXF to ProdRes Converter is easy to install, just follow the following instructions which are very similar to those above:
Step 1 Add MXF file
To import the desired file just drag and drop it into the reader. If you would like to convert the file you have chosen too, just drop them in the folder where MXF files are in the program.
Step 2 Select your output format
When it is time to select your output format, you will find a small triangle in the right side beside your profile. Choose “ProRes Apple ProRes codec (*mov)” as your desired format. This will ensure that you produce a file that you will be able to use on your machine.
Step 3 Convert
In the final step you will start the conversion of the file. Just click on the round button that says “Convert” and this will let the MXF to Apple ProRes Converter change your file. The hard work that is happening behind the scenes will occur automatically. Remember, to be patient because it could take a few minutes.
Once you finish you will be able to further edit your footage in software such as windows Media Player and Final Cut Pro! This will allow you to make some serious editing to your footage and turn it into the film, movie, or project that you wish it to be.