Live streaming is used to record and broadcast the video at the same time. It captures streams, records, shares the content in real-time. An OBS alternative offers more choices to the user. For this very reason, the article covers the best streaming software for Mac which is the best OBS alternative for Mac. So, let us commence this! Shall we?
Part 1. 10 best OBS alternatives for Mac
This section aims to reflect upon live streaming software for Mac and provide the users with their primary characteristics. Good knowledge of key features of different OBS alternative Mac helps you make the right decision. So, let us begin this!
Elgato is compatible with Windows and Mac. The software allows you to control the voice customize the video effects. Following are some extensive features of this OBS alternative Mac.
- YouTubers and professional users choose Elgato hardware and software.
- The reliable video editing is performed at 1080p with 60FPS.
- The beautifully designed interface captivates the users.
- The flashback recording helps record the missed part.
- The user is free to add their voice in the live commentary.
2. Lightstream Studio
Gamer: Starting $8/Month for 720p 30 FPS
Creator: Starting $25/Month for 720p 30 FPS
Lightstream Studio is a browser-based live streaming software for Mac doing wonders in the field. It is a good initiation for an entry-level beginner.
- One can podcast or record through a webcam effortlessly.
- It offers advanced features while using minimal power.
- It is the best choice for the user with a low specs PC and is a gamer.
- Lightstream Studio is a powerful software for audio recording and live streaming.
- It automatically layers on the steam graphics as you go live on the console.
Wirecast Studio: $479.20
Wirecast Pro: $639.20
Compatible with Mac and Windows, Wirecast is an amazing OBS alternative to Mac. The user needs access to an internet connection, a Mac computer, and a camera to produce professional live events like a pro.
- The user interface is critically designed, which might be a little hard to use for newbies.
- The software offers hosting guests animated 3D graphics, unlimited capture, and titles.
- The video source encoding makes Wirecast popular among professional steamers.
- You can use high-resolution ISI for high-quality streaming.
- Studio and Pro are two paid versions of this software.
|Pricing||Charges Only for Buying Games|
Steam is considered the best streaming software for Mac and Windows.
- The Steam community is powerful, and it helps you if you run into some problem.
- The tool is workable for gamers.
- The user can play different games with online friends.
- The communication with the community is strong.
- It offers a controller-friendly interface.
Allowing live streaming with good quality, Streamlabs brings exclusive features to the user to replace the OBS software. The quick deployment of tools makes Streamlabs workable for all.
- The various plugins improve the functionality of the stream.
- There are pre-made templates that are productive.
- The collaboration tools are quite efficient and workable in the long run.
- Streamlabs present cam filters, overlays, and pro themes to monetize the stream.
- It is compatible with Windows and macOS.
6. XSplit Broadcaster
Compatible with Windows and macOS, XSplit Broadcaster takes the lead. Use it for content creation and live-streaming through an extensive set of features. The characteristics of this OBS alternative Mac include:
- The noise suppression helps reduce unwanted background sounds.
- The user is free to insert animations and broadcast effects to the scenes.
- The professional scene switching can be enabled.
- The audio levels can be tailored based on the scene.
- XSplit Broadcaster has flexible plugins and extensions.
Basic HD: $60
vMix is supported by both Windows and Mac and is stated as the best live streaming software for Mac. The software is a good replacement for OBS.
- vMix allows live HD video mixing.
- The editing tools include switching, recording, and live streaming like a pro.
- Good quality content can be created through vMix.
- The interface is good to go for different level streamers.
- There are 13 transition effects: wipe, slide, cut, zoom, fade, and merge.
8. Prism Live Studio
Effective for both Windows and Mac, Prism Live Studio is OBS alternative Mac that has taken live broadcasting to a different dimension. The process is as effortless as it can get.
- Connect to YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, BAND, and other platforms to begin simulcasting in seconds.
- There is an excessive range of effects to bring magic to the output.
- You can insert photos, gameplay screens, videos, titles, scenes, music, and whatnot.
- The tool uses minimal CPU usage.
- Interaction with the audience has become easy with the best streaming software for Mac.
9. Wondershare UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter doesn't support live streaming, but it is the best alternative to OBS studio due to its impeccable screen recording features. UniConverter has made our life easy by presenting a video toolbox to cater to everyday compression, conversion, watermarks, and whatnot problems.
- UniConverter has got you covered as it removes the silent sections of the video effortlessly.
- You can record, transfer, fix, and compress videos as an expert would.
- Merge clips to turn them into a film or a flawless video.
- Record videos in full screen, targeted window, and webcam of high quality.
- Record screen with internal or external audio without losing quality.
Wondershare UniConverter — Best Screen Recorder for Windows and Mac
Record video in full-screen mode or select a specific capture area.
Record screen, webcam, and audio in high quality.
Play HD/4K videos smoothly.
Save videos from more than 10,000 sites with a recording option.
Original quality video conversion with full GPU acceleration. 90X faster conversion speed.
10. Camtwist Studio
Camtwist Studio is a good replacement for OBS if you are a Mac user. Live streaming and sound recordings are the two major strengths of this tool.
- Camtwist Studio favors a video resolution up to 720p.
- There are more than 50 built-in effects, all set to offer innovation to live streaming.
- More importantly, the user is free to create their effects using additional custom elements.
- The software works extremely well with HDMI capture cards.
- With Camtwist, one can access multiple chat programs at the same time.
Part 2. Why is OBS display capture not working on Mac, and how do I get the display capture on my OBS working?
The section offers an insight into the OBS display capture not working Mac problem. The users have often reported the problem, but there is no need to worry. We come with workable advice to help you get rid of the problem.
For starters, you should save the unsaved settings in OBS and switch the application off before making any sharp change to the settings. Moreover, to steer clear from this error, we suggest you navigate to the computer's system settings and look for "Security and Privacy." From the left bar, click on "Screen Recording," and it gives access to OBS. After that, relaunch the OBS software to test the display capture.
Part 3. FAQs about OBS alternative for Mac
Is OBS or Streamlabs better for streaming?
Both OBS and Streamlabs are free and open-source platforms that make streaming workable. However, if you are a gamer looking to livestream your gaming skills, Streamlabs would be better than OBS. As far as system resources are concerned, OBS requires few of them. In the end, the choice comes down to the user's preferences.
Will OBS work on Mac M1?
Yes, the present version of OBS works perfectly with Mac M1. However, it runs through Rosette 2 in the background instead of native M1.
How do I use OBS on Mac 2021?
To download OBS on Mac 2021, download the application on your system. Launch the software. A dialogue box pops up; click on "Open System References" to edit your privacy. Click on OBS from "Security and Privacy" and hit "Click the Lock to Make Changes." Tap "Ok" and then follow the on-screen instructions.
To configure, mark "Optimize for streaming, recording is necessary" and click on "Next." Choose the resolution, FPS, Service, and continue to "Next."
Live streaming and broadcasting are the future, and the media industry understands that. While OBS is a perfect software to get done with the process, its alternatives for Mac offer more choices with streaming and broadcasting. The article introduced ten OBS alternative Mac for all the gamers and professionals out there. We hope we could help you choose the best streaming software for Mac.