Video Editing Tips
- 1. Video Merger+
- 1.1 How to Merge MP4 Online
- 1.2 Top 3 MP4 Joiners Mac
- 1.3 Top 6 MOV Joiners
- 1.4 Top 5 MKV Joiners
- 1.5 Top 6 WMV Joiners
- 1.6 How to Merge FLV
- 1.7 Top 12 AVI Joiners
- 1.8 Top 10 Ways to Merge Movies
- 1.9 Merge Videos in Windows 10/8/7
- 1.10 Put Videos Together
- 1.11 Combine 2/Multiple Videos
- 1.12 Top Video Merger Online
- 1.13 Top Video Mergers
- 1.14 How to Merge Videos Mac
- 1.15 Apps to Combine Videos
- 1.16 Merge Videos on Android
- 1.17 Combine Videos on iPhone
- 2. Audio Merger+
- 3. Tips for Merging Files+
iMovie Merge Clips: How to Merge Clips in iMovie
iMovie is a video editing tool developed by Apple that works on iOS devices and Mac systems. The program comes with several editing features that support creating customized features. Among the list, video merging is one of the features supported by the software. By using iMovie, video clips in all popularly used formats can be added, edited, and merged in good quality. Read this article to learn how iMovie merge clips with details and its best alternative for Windows/Mac.
- Part 1. Steps to Join Clips in iMovie on Mac
- Part 2. How to Combine Two Videos into One in iMovie on iPhone
- Part 3. Best iMovie Alternative to Merge and Combine Videos Easily on Windows/Mac
Part 1. Steps to Join Clips in iMovie on Mac
If you want to merge video files on your Mac system, below listed are the steps to join iMovie clips.
Step 1: Open the iMovie software installed on your Mac and open File > New Project from the primary interface. Give this new iMovie project the desired name. Here you can also choose the project settings like aspect ratio and other parameters depending on the files to be merged.
Step 2: Next, go to File > Import > Movie to browse and import the merged files. The selected files will appear at the Event window on the program in several frames.
Step 3: At the timeline session, you can select the part of the video to be merged also choose the order of the files in which they have to be combined.
Step 4: All the files in the window can now be merged by selecting the Join clips option from the Modify tab. After the iMovie combine clips, you can choose to export and share the processed file using the Share tab.
Part 2. How to Combine Two Videos into One in iMovie on iPhone
iMovie also has an app installed on your iPhone devices to merge videos and perform other editing functions. Below are the steps on how to merge clips in iMovie on the iPhone.
Step 1: Download the iMovie app on your iPhone from the app store. Install and launch the app. Click on the Create Project option that will create a new project.
Step 2: Tap on the Movie option on the new project screen. The iMovie will now start in the latest photos and videos stream. Click on the Media option at the top on the left-hand side.
Step 3: Next, choose the Video tab and click on the All button to show all the available videos on your device. From here, select the files to be merged by tapping the check-box.
Step 4: The selected videos will be added to the project. At the bottom of the screen, click on the Create Movie button. To preview the file and to include the transitions, use My Movie screen.
Step 5: Next, hit on the Done button present at the top-left corner of the device screen, and the files will be merged. The created video can be shared using the share icon.
Part 3. Best iMovie Alternative to Merge and Combine Videos Easily on Windows/Mac
If you are looking for an iMovie alternative to merge video files in a hassle-free manner, Wondershare UniConverter is the best software to use. Compatible with Windows and Mac systems, the program allows adding videos from the local system and the devices for merging and other processes. Files in MP4, MOV, VOB, WebM, and all other popular formats can be added to the merging interface. The built-in editor of the software also allows trimming and removing the unwanted parts before combining them. Additional features include video conversion, transfer, download, recording, and others.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Merger for Windows/Mac
- Best video merger to merge video files without losing any quality.
- Edit videos with trimming, cutting, merging, adding subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Support 1000+ video/audio formats, including MP4, MOV, WMV, MP3, WAV, and devices.
- Support 30X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Burn and customize videos to your DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Support transfer files from computer to iPhone, iPad, and other devices directly or vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on how to merge clips in iMovie alternative – Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Add videos to the Wondershare software.
Install, and open Wondershare UniConverter software on your Mac system. On the Video Converter tab, hit on the +Add Files button to open the file explorer from where the local videos to be merged can be added. You can also drag and drop the files.
Under the added file thumbnail image, editing icons can be used for file trimming, cropping, and other functions.
Step 2 Choose the target format for the merged file.
At the top-right corner, open the drop-down menu at the Output Format option, and from the pop-up window, select the file format and the resolution from the Video tab.
Step 3 Enable the merging option and process.
To activate the video merging option, move the slider at Merge All Files button. Choose the Mac location to save the processed file from the Output tab. Finally, clicking on the Start All button will start with the merging process.
On the program interface, the merged file can be checked from the Finished tab.
iMovie join clips on your iPhone and iOS devices. For advanced features and to merge videos on Windows and Mac devices, download Wondershare UniConverter and follow the steps above to have a try.