- 1. Vimeo&Dailymotion Video Editing+
- 1.1 How to Upload HD Videos to Vimeo at Fast Speed
- 1.2 How to Add Subtitles on Vimeo in Easy Steps (Most Recommended)
- 1.3 Top 15 Vimeo Converter in 2020 You Can't Miss
- 1.4 How to Convert Vimeo to MP4 in Top 12 Converters Recommended
- 1.5 Top 13 Vimeo to MP3 Converters in 2020 You Should Know
- 1.6 Top 5 Vimeo to Mov Converters Recommended in 2020
- 1.7 Full Review on Youtube VS Vimeo VS Dailymotion: Which is Better?
- 1.8 Convert Dailymotion to MP4 with Top 7 Free Online Converters You Should Know
- 1.9 Top 7 MP3 Converter for Dailymotion Online and Desktop 2020
- 1.10 Top 7 Free Online Dailymotion Converter Recommended You Can't Miss in 2020
- 1.11 8 Best Free Youtube Converter and Dailymotion Converter You Should Try
- 2. Other Tips&Tricks+
- 2.1 How to Download Vimeo 4K Videos in Easy Steps
- 2.2 How to Chromecast Vimeo Video Using Android App in an Easy Way
- 2.3 How to Convert Vimeo to Avi at Top Speed You Should Know
- 2.4 How to Download and Convert Vimeo to Instagram at Top Speed
- 2.5 Full Review on Vimeo VS YouTube: Which Video Platform is Better
- 2.6 Convert2mp3 Online Video Converter: Full Review in 2020
- 2.7 Youtube MP3 Converter For Dailymotion You Need to Try
How to Add Subtitles on Vimeo in an Easy Method
Adding Vimeo subtitles to your Vimeo video content is essential for several reasons. Some of which is that you want people to understand your video more or you want to engage with your audience more. Besides, there are more reasons for adding subtitle and caption text to your videos, and you can add them in different ways. In this post, you will learn how to add Vimeo subtitles to your videos. I will also show you the file formats Vimeo supports, and how to add closed captions or subtitles on Vimeo.
- Part 1. What Subtitle Formats Does Vimeo Support
- Part 2. How to Add Subtitles on Vimeo Video with Wondershare UniConverter
- Part 3. How to Add Closed Captions or Subtitles to Vimeo
For you to successfully add subtitles to the videos you want to upload to Vimeo, you must find out the subtitle formats the platform supports.
Vimeo supports the WebVTT (.vtt) format and it is considered its preferred file format. But Vimeo is compatible with several formats like SubRip (.srt files), DXFP/TTML (.dxfp), Scenarist (.scc), and SAMI (.SAMI).
There are many different ways or tools you can use to add subtitles on Vimeo. However, one of the best tools we recommend for efficiently adding Vimeo Subtitles is Wondershare UniConverter.
Wondershare UniConverter was known formerly as Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. It is a powerful tool for converting files from a format to another and burning files to DVD and Blu-ray discs. You can use the software to download videos from the website, edit videos, add subtitles, sound and other special effects to videos and transfer media files to smartphones, or external hard drives.
The tool is extremely user-friendly - its intuitive interface design helps you to complete your intended tasks with ease. The software supports the 1,000 plus formats, including MP4, WMV, MOV, Mkv, Avi, Vimeo, Flv, and more. More significantly, you can easily convert all unsupported formats to a compatible format for your Vimeo content- that makes it a great tool for editing videos and adding Vimeo subtitles, among others.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Subtitle Tool Mac/Windows (Catalina Included)
- Add subtitles from local PC or Internet online.
- Extract subtitles from MP4, MKV, DVD and any video file in .srt, .ssa and .ass.
- Edit subtitles by adjusting font, font color, font size, transparency, position and more.
- Support multiple audio track and subtitles and freely switch on/off subtitles.
- Convert video to MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI and over 1000 video/audio formats with subtitles.
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from Vimeo and 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes GIF maker, image converter, video compressor, screen recorder, CD burner, fix video metadata, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Add Subtitles on Vimeo Video with Wondershare UniConverter
What you need to know is that whenever you create a caption or subtitle, you must create a text file that will give you sound, transcription, and timestamps that you can add to the frames.
If you are Tech-savvy, you can make subtitles or caption yourself. But if you are not, you may hire a professional video transcription and captioning company like 3play, Rev, or Amara to make a subtitle file for you. Once you have your subtitle file, you can now follow the steps below to add subtitles in Vimeo and any video.
Step 1 Start Wondershare UniConverter and Add Your Video.
Double click on the Wondershare UniConverter Logo to start the software. After starting the software, open the video file you want to subtitle. To load a video file in Wondershare UniConverter, click on the “Add Files” button at the top left part of the user interface or drag and dropped your video file to start. Next, pick the desired video file you want to subtitle.
Step 2 Add Subtitle to the Video.
Click on the “Effect” button to start the editing process on the video file. From the editing window, choose the “Subtitle” tab on the top right side of your screen. In this part of the interface, you will choose your subtitle file and add it to the video. You will also find other options like font, subtitle field, transparency, etc. Fill in the details you require and then click on the “Ok” button to add and customize the subtitles. You may choose where to place the captions according to your needs.
Step 3 Convert Video to Vimeo Format.
After saving the video file with the right subtitles, the next step is to state the output format for your video file. If you do not want to modify the resultant file format, then jump this step. Note that this step is vital as you need to ensure that the video converter outputs are compatible with Vimeo.
After making all the changes you want and selecting a Vimeo supported file format, the next thing to do is to convert the video to the output format you stated. To activate conversion, click on the “Convert” tab at the bottom of the user interface to begin. When the conversion ends, you will see a notification.
Step 4 Upload Video to Vimeo.
Now that you’ve successfully added subtitles to your video, you can now upload the video to Vimeo.
That is how to add subtitles on Vimeo Video and all any other types of videos with Wondershare UniConverter. This way, you will have your Vimeo subtitles on by default, so your viewers won't have to worry about finding how to turn subtitles on.
To add a closed caption, subtitle, or Vimeo automatic subtitles to your videos, you must first create a text caption file and then upload it to the Video platform along with your video. However, make sure that you use the preferred compatible file format for Vimeo, which is vvt/WebVVT, or the other compatible formats we listed in part 1 above. Follow the steps below to do that easily.
Step 1. Upload Your Video: First, you must upload your video to Vimeo. Give your video description, title, and tags so that viewers can find it easily.
Step 2. Have a Caption file or Buy one: Next, you need to have a caption file to upload your video to Vimeo. You must create or order the captions or subtitles file to use. To order captions or subtitles, you can upload your video to rev.com to get the right subtitle or caption file that you can use. You can also pull videos straight from your Vimeo account using revx.com integration with Vimeo.
Step 3. Choose Your Video File: Also, select the video you want to add a Vimeo subtitle or caption to. Navigate to your video – click on “Subtitles” under the “Distribution” menu in Vimeo.
Step 4. Upload Caption File: Next, find the “+” button beside the “Subtitles and captions” and click on it.
Step 5. Select Language on Caption: Pick your preferred language for the caption or subtitles and choose either “subtitles” or “captions” under the ‘Type’ drop-down menu.
Note that if you want to add subtitles in multiple languages, you must continue to repeat the previous step for each language.
Step 6. Select File: After selecting your language and type, click on “Choose file” and pick the Rev.com subtitle or caption file once you receive it and have downloaded it.
When you finish entering or editing your caption and subtitles in Vimeo, save your changes and return to your chosen video.
Step 7. Turn Caption ON or Off: Finally, you can show your captions or subtitles on Vimeo videos.
Upon your return to your video, you will see at the lowest right side of the screen a 'CC' button. This button will let you turn the captions off and on and change the languages you have chosen to display the captions and subtitles.
Adding Vimeo subtitles to your Vimeo contents is easy when you use the right tools and follow the right guide. In this post, we explained how to add Vimeo subtitles to your videos using the Wondershare UniConverter and how to add closed captions or subtitles to Vimeo. While there are several ways and tools you can use to add subtitles or captions to your video, we recommend the use of Wondershare UniConverter as it is fast, efficient, easy to use, and offer many other useful and helpful features. However, you need to create a text file for your captions and subtitles and have them in a compatible format supported by Vimeo.