- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Convert Popular Formats to AVI+
- 1.1 WMV to AVI Converter
- 1.2 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.3 MOV to AVI Converter for Mac
- 1.4 MKV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 Free MP4 to AVI Converter
- 1.6 WebM to AVI Converter
- 1.7 MPG to AVI Converter
- 1.8 FLV to AVI Converter
- 1.9 Convert ISO to AVI
- 1.10 Convert M4V to AVI
- 1.11 3GP to AVI Converter
- 1.12 RMVB to AVI Converter
- 1.13 DivX to AVI Converter
- 1.14 WLMP to AVI Converter
- 1.15 VRO to AVI Converter
- 1.16 Video TS to AVI Converter
- 1.17 DV to AVI Conveter
- 1.18 MTS to AVI Converter
- 1.19 VOB to AVI Converter
- 1.20 Convert MP3 to AVI
- 1.21 MKV to AVI Conveter
- 1.22 GIF to AVI Converter
- 1.23 MP4 to AVI Converter with VLC
- 1.24 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2. Convert Other Formats to AVI+
- 2.1 ASF to AVI Converter
- 2.2 MXF to AVI Converter
- 2.3 MOD to AVI Converter
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 2.5 Convert DVD to AVI
- 2.7 Convert WTV to AVI
- 2.8 Convert DVR to AVI
- 2.9 Convert Torrent to AVI
- 2.10 Convert AVCHD to AVI
- 2.11 Convert MSWMM to AVI
- 2.12 Convert OGV to AVI
- 2.13 Convert YouTube video to AVI
- 2.14 Convert Windows Movie Maker Video to AVI
- 2.15 Convert Windows DVD Maker Video to AVI
- 2.16 Burn DVD to AVI with handbrake
- 2.17 Export Windows Live Movie Maker in AVI
- 2.18 Free M2TS to AVI Converter
- 2.19 Convert JPG to AVI
- 2.20 Convert PPT to AVI
- 3. Convert AVI to Popular Formats+
- 3.1 AVI to MOV Converter
- 3.2 AVI to MOV Online Converter
- 3.3 AVI to MKV Converter
- 3.4 AVI to 3GP Online Converter
- 3.5 AVI to M4V Converter
- 3.6 AVI to FLV Converter
- 3.7 AVI to WMV Converter
- 3.8 Free AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.9 AVI to SWF Converter
- 3.10 AVI to DVD Converter
- 3.11 AVI to DivX Converter
- 3.12 AVI to ISO Converter
- 3.13 AVI to TS Converter
- 3.14 AVI to VOB Converter
- 3.15 Convert AVI to MP4
- 3.16 Convert AVI to MP3
- 3.17 AVI to MPEG Converter for Mac
- 3.18 AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.19 Convert AVI to MP4 with VLC
- 3.20 Convert AVI to WAV
- 4. Convert AVI to Other Formats+
- 4.1 Convert AVI to iTunes
- 4.2 Convert AVI to WebM
- 4.3 Convert AVI to 3GP
- 4.4 Convert AVI to iMovie
- 4.5 Import AVI to iMovie
- 4.6 Convert AVI to Xvid
- 4.7 Convert AVI to Chromecast
- 4.8 Convert AVI to MPEG2
- 4.9 Convert AVI to MPEG4
- 4.10 Convert AVI to iPod
- 4.11 Convert AVI to GIF
- 4.12 Convert AVI to iPhone
- 4.13 Convert AVI to FCP Mac
- 4.14 Convert AVI to YouTube
- 4.15 Burn AVI to DVD
- 5. Convert AVI Online +
- 6. Play AVI+
- 6.1 Top AVI Player
- 6.2 Play AVI on Mac
- 6.3 Play AVI on iPad
- 6.4 Play AVI on iPhone
- 6.5 Play AVI on Xbox one
- 6.6 Play AVI on Xbox360
- 6.7 Play AVI with VLC Player
- 6.8 Play AVI in QuickTime
- 6.9 Play AVI in Windows Media Player
- 6.10 Play AVI in Samsung galaxy s6
- 6.11 Play AVI on Apple TV
- 6.12 Play AVI on TV
- 7. AVI Tips & Tricks+
- 7.1 MOVAVI Alternative for Windows
- 7.2 MOVAVI Alternative
- 7.3 Free AVI Converter on Mac
- 7.4 AVI Converter for Windows 10
- 7.5 Free AVI Converters on Mac
- 7.6 AVI Converters
- 7.7 Free AVI Player for windows
- 7.8 AVI Player for Mac
- 7.9 AVI Cutter
- 7.10 Make AVI Smaller
- 7.11 Reduce AVI File Size
- 7.12 Compress AVI
- 7.13 Add Metadata to AVI
- 7.14 3D AVI Creator
- 7.15 Repair AVI File
- 7.16 What Is an AVI File
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
How to Import AVI to iMovie on Mac
by Christine Smith • 2023-01-17 11:29:14 • Proven solutions
iMovie is a known video editing software by Apple that works on iOS devices and Mac system and enables the user to edit their photos as well videos by adding themes, adding music, adding effects, color correction, and other changes. The software supports multiple formats of video, and in case if a particular format is not supported, it can be converted to a compatible one using a good video converter. Many times, AVI video clips are not imported to iMovie, and in such conditions, you need to convert it in some other format.
AVI is a format that is used widely, and when you wish to edit your AVI video file in iMovie, there are times when you will be able to do so, but there are also situations when these files are not imported successfully. Below given are the common reasons due to which an AVI video file cannot be imported to iMovie:
- The iMovie software supports the import of AVI video files with MJPEG data. Thus if your AVI file is from Hybrid camcorder, Sony, or other devices, they cannot be accepted by iMovie.
- In order to read the AVI files, iMovie contains all the essential codecs. Thus if there is any different codec in the subtitle or the audio of the video, then there will be a problem in importing the AVI file.
Wondershare UniConverter is a very good converter that enables you to convert videos to various formats compatible with your devices. The converter works seamlessly with Windows as well as Mac systems and comes packed with an array of features. The converter is capable of converting a video to other formats without any loss of quality. While using iMovie, if you face any issues with format compatibility, then Wondershare UniConverter will prove to be an apt choice. Below given are some points that explain why this converter is good for iMovie videos.
Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV, and more.
Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
Edit, enhance & personalize your video files.
Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates.
Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, VR converter, and screen recorder.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7
Below given are the steps to convert and import AVI to iMovie using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Import AVI into Wondershare Uniconverter.
First of all, you need to download and install the Wondershare software and then load the AVI file to it. You can load the file/files by simply dragging it to the program window or clicking the button.
Step 2 Choose iMovie-compatible Format.
Go to the Target section and click the drop-down button, or click on the drop-down button beside Output Format, then a drop-down list will appear with tabs of Recently, Video, Audio, Device, and Editing. To simply select the iMovie-compatible format, go to Editing > iMovie and select the specific resolution on the right.
Step 3 Convert AVI to iMovie easily.
Once the desired format is selected, just click the Convert or Start All button. When the conversion process ends, switch to the Finished tab to get the converted video files.
Step 4 Import Converted AVI to iMovie.
After your AVI video is converted to iMovie compatible format, you now need to import it to the iMovie by navigating to File > Import Movies option.