- 1. Convert Popular Formats to AVI+
- 1.1 WMV to AVI Converter
- 1.2 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.3 MOV to AVI Converter for Mac
- 1.4 MKV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 Free MP4 to AVI Converter
- 1.6 WebM to AVI Converter
- 1.7 MPG to AVI Converter
- 1.8 FLV to AVI Converter
- 1.9 Convert ISO to AVI
- 1.10 Convert M4V to AVI
- 1.11 3GP to AVI Converter
- 1.12 RMVB to AVI Converter
- 1.13 DivX to AVI Converter
- 1.14 WLMP to AVI Converter
- 1.15 VRO to AVI Converter
- 1.16 Video TS to AVI Converter
- 1.17 DV to AVI Conveter
- 1.18 MTS to AVI Converter
- 1.19 VOB to AVI Converter
- 1.20 Convert MP3 to AVI
- 1.21 MKV to AVI Conveter
- 1.22 GIF to AVI Converter
- 1.23 MP4 to AVI Converter with VLC
- 1.24 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2. Convert Other Formats to AVI+
- 2.1 ASF to AVI Converter
- 2.2 MXF to AVI Converter
- 2.3 MOD to AVI Converter
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 2.5 Convert DVD to AVI
- 2.7 Convert WTV to AVI
- 2.8 Convert DVR to AVI
- 2.9 Convert Torrent to AVI
- 2.10 Convert AVCHD to AVI
- 2.11 Convert MSWMM to AVI
- 2.12 Convert OGV to AVI
- 2.13 Convert YouTube video to AVI
- 2.14 Convert Windows Movie Maker Video to AVI
- 2.15 Convert Windows DVD Maker Video to AVI
- 2.16 Burn DVD to AVI with handbrake
- 2.17 Export Windows Live Movie Maker in AVI
- 2.18 Free M2TS to AVI Converter
- 2.19 Convert JPG to AVI
- 2.20 Convert PPT to AVI
- 2.21 Convert H.264 to AVI
- 3. Convert AVI to Popular Formats+
- 3.1 AVI to MOV Converter
- 3.2 AVI to MOV Online Converter
- 3.3 AVI to MKV Converter
- 3.4 AVI to 3GP Online Converter
- 3.5 AVI to M4V Converter
- 3.6 AVI to FLV Converter
- 3.7 AVI to WMV Converter
- 3.8 Free AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.9 AVI to SWF Converter
- 3.10 AVI to DVD Converter
- 3.11 AVI to DivX Converter
- 3.12 AVI to ISO Converter
- 3.13 AVI to TS Converter
- 3.14 AVI to VOB Converter
- 3.15 Convert AVI to MP4
- 3.16 Convert AVI to MP3
- 3.17 AVI to MPEG Converter for Mac
- 3.18 AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.19 Convert AVI to MP4 with VLC
- 3.20 Convert AVI to WAV
- 4. Convert AVI to Other Formats+
- 4.1 Convert AVI to iTunes
- 4.2 Convert AVI to WebM
- 4.3 Convert AVI to 3GP
- 4.4 Convert AVI to iMovie
- 4.5 Import AVI to iMovie
- 4.6 Convert AVI to Xvid
- 4.7 Convert AVI to Chromecast
- 4.8 Convert AVI to MPEG2
- 4.9 Convert AVI to MPEG4
- 4.10 Convert AVI to iPod
- 4.11 Convert AVI to GIF
- 4.12 Convert AVI to iPhone
- 4.13 Convert AVI to FCP Mac
- 4.14 Convert AVI to YouTube
- 4.15 Burn AVI to DVD
- 5. Convert AVI Online +
- 6. Play AVI+
- 6.1 Top AVI Player
- 6.2 Play AVI on Mac
- 6.3 Play AVI on iPad
- 6.4 Play AVI on iPhone
- 6.5 Play AVI on Xbox one
- 6.6 Play AVI on Xbox360
- 6.7 Play AVI with VLC Player
- 6.8 Play AVI in QuickTime
- 6.9 Play AVI in Windows Media Player
- 6.10 Play AVI in Samsung galaxy s6
- 6.11 Play AVI on Apple TV
- 6.12 Play AVI on TV
- 7. AVI Tips & Tricks+
- 7.1 MOVAVI Alternative for Windows
- 7.2 MOVAVI Alternative
- 7.3 Free AVI Converter on Mac
- 7.4 AVI Converter for Windows 10
- 7.5 Free AVI Converters on Mac
- 7.6 AVI Converters
- 7.7 Free AVI Player for windows
- 7.8 AVI Player for Mac
- 7.9 AVI Cutter
- 7.10 Make AVI Smaller
- 7.11 Reduce AVI File Size
- 7.12 Compress AVI
- 7.13 Add Metadata to AVI
- 7.14 3D AVI Creator
- 7.15 Repair AVI File
Nowadays, digital camcorders or recorders have become more and more popular. People would use them to record videos of a party during holidays, celebrating occasions, to create family-themed films and much more. However, the recorded videos are always in the form of a digital video (DV file format) that cannot be directly played on some portable devices or for online sharing purposes. In order to get the most out of your DV files, converting DV to AVI file format would be a good choice. As you know, AVI is widely supported on a vast range of operating systems and devices.
Note: Some digital video recorders also record in the DV-AVI format. It's like standard AVIs, typically taking up more of your hard drive's space as they use minimal compression. In order to playback these files on portable devices or other programs, you can still resort to converting them to any format that you want, quickly and easily. The tutorial below has been prepared to guide you on how to convert DV to AVI on a Windows operating system. However, it'll be very similar even if you're a proud owner of Mac.
- Part 1. Recommended DV to AVI Video Converter
- Part 2. Free DV to AVI Converter
- Part 3. Online DV to AVI Converter
- Part 4. Extended Knowlege for DV and AVI
You can absolutely rely on a trustworthy and intuitive video converter like Wondershare UniConverter for your video conversion needs. It features high quality, unparalleled speed as well as broad compatible outputs. With it, you can start to convert the DV files to AVI without any training required. It's genuinely very user-friendly, even for beginners.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best DV to AVI Converter for Windows/Mac
- Convert DV to AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV and other 1000+ formats.
- Detect files automatically from the plug-in camcorder.
- Convert DV files to be compatible for playback on most devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit DV video files by trimming, cutting, merging, adding subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Download/record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Compress DV video size without losing any quality.
- All in one toolbox: including video downloader, screen recorder, metadata editor, and more others.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on How to Convert DV to AVI on Windows 10:
Step 1 Upload DV files to Wondershare DV converter.
Click the Add Files to add your DV files from the desktop or other containing folders. Otherwise. simply drag-and-drop the DV files directly onto the program. If you'll like to combine them together to make a video playlist, please turn the console Merge All Videos on at the bottom of the main interface.
Step 2 Edit DV files with the built-in editor (optional).
Before converting DV to AVI format, you can touch up your videos with the embedded editing feature. All you need is to click the editing icons under the video thumbnail.
The editing functions available are listed below:
- Trim: Delete the unwanted scenes by trimming the video files.
- Crop: Get rid of the black borders by cropping.
- Effect: Customize the video by applying the effects.
- Watermark & Subtitle: Insert watermark and subtitles to the video.
Step 3 Select AVI as output format for DV files.
Click the down-arrow button from the Convert all files to drop-down icon and select the Video tab, choose AVI in the left sidebar and select the video resolution in the right to confirm the output format for your DV files.
Tips: If you intend to playback the converted files on a PSP, Xbox, Blackberry, Zune or etc., you can choose the optimized presets from the Device category directly. It's more convenient than having to research what's the best settings for certain portable devices.
Step 4 Batch convert DV to AVI.
When you're happy with it, just hit the Convert All to kick off the conversion. This DV to AVI converter will also show you the remaining time in a progress bar, and you can find the converted files under the Converted tab.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert Camcorder Video like DV to AVI
Wondershare Free Video Converter is the best free DV to AVI converter for Windows and Mac. As the free version of Wondershare UniConverter, it has the similar functions and interface with UniConverter, and it also supports the most common video formats for input and output. Other than DV file format, you can also convert other file types to AVI or simply choose from the presets available. The only shortcoming is the watermark added to the video, which is doing like all freeware.
If you don't want to download any program to your computer, then free online DV to AVI converter will be your right choice. Online UniConverter (originally Media.io) is the recommended tool that enables you to convert videos to any format easily. Moreover, you can convert 2 files at the same time. It's totally free to use without any ads and watermarks.
||DV is a container used to stored digital videos recorded on digital camcorders. The video's data often compressed in a lossy method for storage, whilst it's the complete opposite of the uncompressed audio.||AVI is a multimedia container that contains both audio and video data. It allows synchronous audio-with-video playback. AVI files support multiple streaming audio and video|
Windows Movie Maker
How to Convert MTS to AVI
Top 10 AVI Players for Mac