- 1. Convert Popular Formats to AVI+
- 1.1 WMV to AVI Converter
- 1.2 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.3 MOV to AVI Converter for Mac
- 1.4 MKV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 Free MP4 to AVI Converter
- 1.6 WebM to AVI Converter
- 1.7 MPG to AVI Converter
- 1.8 FLV to AVI Converter
- 1.9 Convert ISO to AVI
- 1.10 Convert M4V to AVI
- 1.11 3GP to AVI Converter
- 1.12 RMVB to AVI Converter
- 1.13 DivX to AVI Converter
- 1.14 WLMP to AVI Converter
- 1.15 VRO to AVI Converter
- 1.16 Video TS to AVI Converter
- 1.17 DV to AVI Conveter
- 1.18 MTS to AVI Converter
- 1.19 VOB to AVI Converter
- 1.20 Convert MP3 to AVI
- 1.21 MKV to AVI Conveter
- 1.22 GIF to AVI Converter
- 1.23 MP4 to AVI Converter with VLC
- 1.24 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2. Convert Other Formats to AVI+
- 2.1 ASF to AVI Converter
- 2.2 MXF to AVI Converter
- 2.3 MOD to AVI Converter
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 2.5 Convert DVD to AVI
- 2.7 Convert WTV to AVI
- 2.8 Convert DVR to AVI
- 2.9 Convert Torrent to AVI
- 2.10 Convert AVCHD to AVI
- 2.11 Convert MSWMM to AVI
- 2.12 Convert OGV to AVI
- 2.13 Convert YouTube video to AVI
- 2.14 Convert Windows Movie Maker Video to AVI
- 2.15 Convert Windows DVD Maker Video to AVI
- 2.16 Burn DVD to AVI with handbrake
- 2.17 Export Windows Live Movie Maker in AVI
- 2.18 Free M2TS to AVI Converter
- 2.19 Convert JPG to AVI
- 2.20 Convert PPT to AVI
- 2.21 Convert H.264 to AVI
- 3. Convert AVI to Popular Formats+
- 3.1 AVI to MOV Converter
- 3.2 AVI to MOV Online Converter
- 3.3 AVI to MKV Converter
- 3.4 AVI to 3GP Online Converter
- 3.5 AVI to M4V Converter
- 3.6 AVI to FLV Converter
- 3.7 AVI to WMV Converter
- 3.8 Free AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.9 AVI to DV Converter
- 3.10 AVI to SWF Converter
- 3.11 AVI to DVD Converter
- 3.12 AVI to DivX Converter
- 3.13 AVI to ISO Converter
- 3.14 AVI to TS Converter
- 3.15 AVI to VOB Converter
- 3.16 Convert AVI to MP4
- 3.17 Convert AVI to MP3
- 3.18 AVI to MPEG Converter for Mac
- 3.19 AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.20 Convert AVI to MP4 with VLC
- 3.21 Convert AVI to WAV
- 4. Convert AVI to Other Formats+
- 4.1 Convert AVI to iTunes
- 4.2 Convert AVI to WebM
- 4.3 Convert AVI to 3GP
- 4.4 Convert AVI to iMovie
- 4.5 Import AVI to iMovie
- 4.6 Convert AVI to Xvid
- 4.7 Convert AVI to Chromecast
- 4.8 Convert AVI to MPEG2
- 4.9 Convert AVI to MPEG4
- 4.10 Convert AVI to iPod
- 4.11 Convert AVI to GIF
- 4.12 Convert AVI to iPhone
- 4.13 Convert AVI to FCP Mac
- 4.14 Convert AVI to YouTube
- 4.15 Burn AVI to DVD
- 5. Convert AVI Online +
- 6. Play AVI+
- 6.1 Top AVI Player
- 6.2 Play AVI on Mac
- 6.3 Play AVI on iPad
- 6.4 Play AVI on iPhone
- 6.5 Play AVI on Xbox one
- 6.6 Play AVI on Xbox360
- 6.7 Play AVI with VLC Player
- 6.8 Play AVI in QuickTime
- 6.9 Play AVI in Windows Media Player
- 6.10 Play AVI in Samsung galaxy s6
- 6.11 Play AVI on Apple TV
- 6.12 Play AVI on TV
- 7. AVI Tips & Tricks+
- 7.1 MOVAVI Alternative for Windows
- 7.2 MOVAVI Alternative
- 7.3 Free AVI Converter on Mac
- 7.4 AVI Converter for Windows 10
- 7.5 Free AVI Converters on Mac
- 7.6 AVI Converters
- 7.7 Free AVI Player for windows
- 7.8 AVI Player for Mac
- 7.9 AVI Cutter
- 7.10 Make AVI Smaller
- 7.11 Reduce AVI File Size
- 7.12 Compress AVI
- 7.13 Add Metadata to AVI
- 7.14 3D AVI Creator
- 7.15 Repair AVI File
Simple Steps to Quickly Convert MSWMM Files to AVI
Files with .mswmm file extention are project files created by Windows Movie Maker. They are not video files. So, you can't play MSWMM files in some regular media players like iPhone, Game consoles, PSP, and share them on some video sites, etc. Since AVI is one of the most popular video formats that can be supported by most devices and applications, many people want to convert MSWMM to AVI for more uses.
- Part 1. How to Convert MSWMM to AVI for Playback
- Part 2. Free MSWMM to AVI Converter You Should Know
- Part 3. External Knowledge for MSWMM to AVI
This article mainly demonstrates how to convert MSWMM files to AVI files step by step. First, you need to save your MSWMM files as a video files, and then you can use your favorite video converter to convert them to AVI format. Here, I directly introduce Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). It can be your desirable MSWMM to AVI converter, converting videos with ultrafast speed and high quality.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Support 1000+ formats, including MSWMM, AVI, DAV, MPEG and many more
- Convert MSWMM to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video MKV files.
- Burn videos to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- A toolbox that allows for metadata repair, GIF making, and screen capture.
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Download and convert videos seamlessly from all popular video hosting websites.
How to Convert MSWMM to AVI with UniConverter
Step 1 Save MSWMM files as video files.
First, you have to save your MSWMM project files as video files. Just click the File menu at the top left of Windows Movie Maker's main interface, choose the Open project to open one of your local MSWMM project files, next, drag the imported file to the Timeline below. At last, go to the Finish Movie > Save to my computer to export a WMV video file.
Step 2 Import video files to this MSWMM to AVI video converter.
Then, launch Wondershare video converter. You'll enter into this app's Convert interface. Simply click button on the top-left corner of the interface. And then a window will pop up, leading you to import saved video files in step 1.
Step 3 Choose AVI as the output format.
Click the icon from the Target box and select Video tab, choose AVI in the left sidebar and select the video resolution in the right to confirm the output format.
Step 4 Convert MSWMM to AVI files.
At last, you just hit the Convert or Convert All button on the program’s main interface. This app will start to convert your videos to AVI videos, and the video conversion will be completed a while later.
This app will save the converted files in its output folder. The output file path is at the bottom of this video converter's main interface. Of course, you can change it by yourself. After conversion, you can find the output AVI files according to the file path or by directly clicking the Open Folder option beside.
Wondershare Free FLV to AVI Converter is a free video converter. It’s able to easily convert MSWMM files to AVI at acceptable speeds and is a recommended program to get an experience similar to that of the Wondershare UniConverter.
Steps to convert MSWMM to AVI freeware using Wondershare Free Video Converter
Step 1: Click on the +Add Files button on the Convert tab to add local MSWMM files.
Step 2: Go to the arrow in the Target section next to the file and select the AVI format.
Step 3: Press the Convert All button to start processing and the file gets saved at the Converted tab.
1.What is MSWMM & AVI?
MSWMM is a saved project file for Windows Movie Maker containing the video timeline, audio and image stills, but no actual audio or video information, and thus can’t be edited or played by any other program that isn’t Windows Movie Maker. This makes them quite inaccessible for any other operating system and requires third party programs to convert the file into a viewable format.
AVI on the other hand stands for Audio Video Interleaved and was brought around in 1992 by Microsoft as a part of their Videos for Windows software. It’s a format that’s able to encode both video and audio data and play them back synchronously. As of today, it’s one of the most popular video formats in the entire world.
2. Why convert MSWMM to AVI
- MSWMM files cannot be played on any mobile device, and are also not compatible with most, if not any, media player available.
- To buttress the above, AVI format has been popularly accepted as a standard video format because it works well and is compatible with several platforms ranging from Window to Linux, Mac, and XP.
- They can’t be viewed as a video file, which requires them to be converted into other formats.