- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Convert Popular Formats to AVI+
- 1.1 WMV to AVI Converter
- 1.2 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.3 MOV to AVI Converter for Mac
- 1.4 MKV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 Free MP4 to AVI Converter
- 1.6 WebM to AVI Converter
- 1.7 MPG to AVI Converter
- 1.8 FLV to AVI Converter
- 1.9 Convert ISO to AVI
- 1.10 Convert M4V to AVI
- 1.11 3GP to AVI Converter
- 1.12 RMVB to AVI Converter
- 1.13 DivX to AVI Converter
- 1.14 WLMP to AVI Converter
- 1.15 VRO to AVI Converter
- 1.16 Video TS to AVI Converter
- 1.17 DV to AVI Conveter
- 1.18 MTS to AVI Converter
- 1.19 VOB to AVI Converter
- 1.20 Convert MP3 to AVI
- 1.21 MKV to AVI Conveter
- 1.22 GIF to AVI Converter
- 1.23 MP4 to AVI Converter with VLC
- 1.24 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2. Convert Other Formats to AVI+
- 2.1 ASF to AVI Converter
- 2.2 MXF to AVI Converter
- 2.3 MOD to AVI Converter
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 2.5 Convert DVD to AVI
- 2.7 Convert WTV to AVI
- 2.8 Convert DVR to AVI
- 2.9 Convert Torrent to AVI
- 2.10 Convert AVCHD to AVI
- 2.11 Convert MSWMM to AVI
- 2.12 Convert OGV to AVI
- 2.13 Convert YouTube video to AVI
- 2.14 Convert Windows Movie Maker Video to AVI
- 2.15 Convert Windows DVD Maker Video to AVI
- 2.16 Burn DVD to AVI with handbrake
- 2.17 Export Windows Live Movie Maker in AVI
- 2.18 Free M2TS to AVI Converter
- 2.19 Convert JPG to AVI
- 2.20 Convert PPT to AVI
- 3. Convert AVI to Popular Formats+
- 3.1 AVI to MOV Converter
- 3.2 AVI to MOV Online Converter
- 3.3 AVI to MKV Converter
- 3.4 AVI to 3GP Online Converter
- 3.5 AVI to M4V Converter
- 3.6 AVI to FLV Converter
- 3.7 AVI to WMV Converter
- 3.8 Free AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.9 AVI to SWF Converter
- 3.10 AVI to DVD Converter
- 3.11 AVI to DivX Converter
- 3.12 AVI to ISO Converter
- 3.13 AVI to TS Converter
- 3.14 AVI to VOB Converter
- 3.15 Convert AVI to MP4
- 3.16 Convert AVI to MP3
- 3.17 AVI to MPEG Converter for Mac
- 3.18 AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.19 Convert AVI to MP4 with VLC
- 3.20 Convert AVI to WAV
- 4. Convert AVI to Other Formats+
- 4.1 Convert AVI to iTunes
- 4.2 Convert AVI to WebM
- 4.3 Convert AVI to 3GP
- 4.4 Convert AVI to iMovie
- 4.5 Import AVI to iMovie
- 4.6 Convert AVI to Xvid
- 4.7 Convert AVI to Chromecast
- 4.8 Convert AVI to MPEG2
- 4.9 Convert AVI to MPEG4
- 4.10 Convert AVI to iPod
- 4.11 Convert AVI to GIF
- 4.12 Convert AVI to iPhone
- 4.13 Convert AVI to FCP Mac
- 4.14 Convert AVI to YouTube
- 4.15 Burn AVI to DVD
- 5. Convert AVI Online +
- 6. Play AVI+
- 6.1 Top AVI Player
- 6.2 Play AVI on Mac
- 6.3 Play AVI on iPad
- 6.4 Play AVI on iPhone
- 6.5 Play AVI on Xbox one
- 6.6 Play AVI on Xbox360
- 6.7 Play AVI with VLC Player
- 6.8 Play AVI in QuickTime
- 6.9 Play AVI in Windows Media Player
- 6.10 Play AVI in Samsung galaxy s6
- 6.11 Play AVI on Apple TV
- 6.12 Play AVI on TV
- 7. AVI Tips & Tricks+
- 7.1 MOVAVI Alternative for Windows
- 7.2 MOVAVI Alternative
- 7.3 Free AVI Converter on Mac
- 7.4 AVI Converter for Windows 10
- 7.5 Free AVI Converters on Mac
- 7.6 AVI Converters
- 7.7 Free AVI Player for windows
- 7.8 AVI Player for Mac
- 7.9 AVI Cutter
- 7.10 Make AVI Smaller
- 7.11 Reduce AVI File Size
- 7.12 Compress AVI
- 7.13 Add Metadata to AVI
- 7.14 3D AVI Creator
- 7.15 Repair AVI File
- 7.16 What Is an AVI File
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
A Quick Way to Convert AVI to MPEG on Mac
by Kayla Morrison • 2023-06-01 14:01:14 • Proven solutions
It is very hard to play any files on the Mac device. That is especially when it comes to video formats that are compatible with Apple devices being very few. With such issues, you need to know how to convert AVI to MPEG format on Mac.
MPEG is among the few video formats that are compatible with Mac OS. Therefore, there arises a need to convert videos on a regular basis to suit to the formats that can be run on Mac hassle-free. Additionally, you may need to run an AVI file, which is a Microsoft creation, on your Mac of which is hard. Therefore, in this article, we will show you the best quick ways to convert AVI to MPEG on Mac.
- Part 1. How to Convert AVI to MPEG on Mac
- Part 2. Another Way to Convert AVI to MPEG on Mac Free
- Part 3. Extended Knowledge for AVI and MPEG Format
One may be badly in need of a video converter, which is a great deal to possess. There may be several converters, but in some way or another fail to run their intended purpose. This may be due to lesser functionalities or lesser quality of videos produced. However, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), has been underutilized for a while by Mac users. It has high tech conversion capabilities for Mac users in addition to Windows users. It’s developed to cater for AVI to MPEG on Mac conversion in addition to thousands of other formats available.
Directly convert AVI to MPEG, MOV, VOB, AVI, MKV, WMV, and 1000+ other formats without losing quality.
Burn AVI to DVD/Blu-ray disc with free menu templates and play with your DVD player.
Compress AVI videos to a smaller size without losing any quality.
Edit AVI videos by cropping unwanted parts, trimming video length, rotating and flipping, applying effects, etc.
Transfer the converted AVI videos to external devices easily via a USB cable.
Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final Cut Pro.
Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
All-in-one toolbox: Fixing Media Metadata, Screen Recorder, GIF Maker, CD Converter, etc.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7
How to Convert AVI to MPEG on Mac using Uniconverter
Step 1 Add AVI files to convert to MPEG.
Launch the software and proceed to click the +Add Files icon to add files from your Mac. Having the ability for batch convert, the user can add many files to convert at once.
Step 2 Edit AVI files in Uniconverter.(Optional)
On adding the files, you may choose to edit the AVI video before conversion. Below the video thumbnail of the video you wish to convert, there are editing tools. Click them to edit your video and the Save button to confirm.
Step 3 Choose MPEG as output.
To convert your AVI free after editing, click the arrow down next to the Setting to select the MPEG file format and the resolution you would like.
Step 4 Convert AVI to MPEG without losing quality.
Finally, when you are sure all files are to the expected settings, click the Convert button to convert AVI to MPEG on Mac.
You can also convert AVI to MPEG on Mac free while maintaining video quality using Wondershare Free Video Converter. This free video converter also supports the conversion of video audio without any quality loss.
How to Convert AVI to MPEG on Mac for Free using Wondershare Free Video Converter
Step 1: Launch the software, click on the Convert, and then select Add Files option. You can then upload the AVI file that you want to convert quickly.
Step 2: After adding files to the software, next to the Convert all files to: option is a drop-down menu. Click it to open the output format to convert the AVI file to under the video tab.
Step 3: Finally, click the Convert All button to quickly convert AVI to MPEG seamlessly.
If you have not converted files before, you need to understand deeper insight into different video formats. This comes in handy when you need to convert a file considering the target audio codec to be used.
The table below shows the difference between AVI and MPEG.
|Description||Audio Video Interleaved file formats were created by Microsoft. AVI files are widely used for running video players windows media player, Apple and Microsoft Movies and TV.||MPEG uses either MPEG-1 or MPEG-2. Both formats are designed to compress high-quality videos and CD audios without quality loss. However, MPEG-2 is best suited for digital TV and DVD to capture higher bitrates hence a better version.|
|Associated programs||Despite AVI files being voluminous, they are supported by popular platforms. Video opening programs supported are; Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS.||MPEG is widely used and hence usable with multiple programs for different devices e.g., iTunes for Apple, QuickTime, VLC media player and Windows Media player.|
|Developed by||Developed by Microsoft back 1990s.||Developed by Moving Picture Experts Group. It exists in two types of video compression i.e., MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 depending on the mode of use.|
|MIME-type||Mime type is video/x-msvideo, which needs to be configured to the FTP server for recognition by playback devices.||Mime type is video/mp4 of which is widely used hence rarely receives recognition errors from media players.|