- 1. Convert Video to Any Format+
- 1.1 Easy Way to Play Quicktime Video
- 1.2 MOV vs MP4
- 1.3 Top 7 MP4 Converter Downloader
- 1.4 Anything to MP4
- 1.5 WebM vs MP4
- 1.6 FLV vs MP4
- 1.7 Convert Stereo to Mono Easily
- 1.8 MPEG vs MP4
- 1.9 Convert VHS to Digital
- 1.10 Top 5 Mono to Stereo Converters
- 1.11 Convert Anything to Anything
- 1.12 10 Ways to Turn Video into Audio
- 1.13 Top 10 Song to Ringtone Converters
- 1.14 Easy Steps to Convert Video to Live Photos
- 1.15 Trim Videos on Windows Media Player
- 1.16 Best Tools to Trim MP4
- 1.17 Convert TS to MP4 with VLC
- 1.18 Easy Steps to Convert Videos to MIDI Files in 2020
- 1.19 How Can You Convert MP4 to MIDI Format in 2020
- 1.20 How to Convert WMA to MP4 Format with VLC in 2020
- 1.21 5 Simple Methods to Convert YouTube Video to WMA Format in 2020
- 1.22 Best Way to Convert 3GPP to Other Formats in 2020
- 2. Convert Picture to Any Format+
- 3. Tips and Tricks+
- 3.1 What is FLV File
- 3.2 What is M4A File
- 3.3 What is TS File
- 3.4 What is FLAC File
- 3.5 What is AAC Format
- 3.6 What is AAC Audio
- 3.7 What is Cloudconvert
- 3.8 What is MXF File
- 3.9 9 Zamzar converter Alternatives
- 3.10 10 Best Free Key Converters
- 3.11 Free VLC Batch Convert Feature
- 3.12 How to Convert Files
- 3.13 Top 10 Easy Converters
- 3.14 Top 11 Video Clip Converters
- 3.15 Tips and Tricks for Converting It
- 3.16 Online Convert Com Alternative
- 3.17 10 Vector Converters Alternative
- 3.18 How to Open ISO File
- 3.19 Freemake Video Converter Review
- 3.20 Top 10 Online Converter MP4
- 3.21 Top 10 File Type Converters
- 3.22 Top 9 Free Logo Converters
- 3.23 FQA about Windows Media Video
- 3.24 Top 6 Free Sound Converters
- 3.25 Best Apple Compressor Alternative
- 3.26 Top 9 ISO Extractors
- 3.27 AVI vs MP4
- 3.28 10 Solutions to Combine Files
- 3.29 Top 8 TS File Players
- 3.30 6 Tips for Converting SWF Files in 2020
- 3.31 Best Way to Convert MIDI to WAV Format in 2020
- 3.32How to Convert WAV to MIDI Format in 2020
- 3.33 5 Recommended Ways to Convert AC3 Format in 2020
- 3.34 Simple Steps to Convert WMA Format to iTunes Format in 2020
How to Make Video Encoding with Apple Compressor
Usually, after you finish editing videos on Final Cut Pro, one might wonder the best way to export it. Some might opt to ship their video files to QuickTime, which works well except for the limited format support and large export files. So what should you do? Simple! Use the Apple Compressor to size down and export the video in a more standard codec. So today, we’ll learn how to use the Final Cut Pro Compressor as well as the best alternative for Mac and Windows alike.
- Part 1. What Is Apple Compressor
- Part 2. Best Alternative to Apple Compressor for Windows/Mac
- Part 3. Another Free Apple Compressor Converter Alternative
In simple terms, the Apple Compressor is a desktop app for Macs that can transcode any media file into different formats. It integrates perfectly with Final Cut Pro to offer more flexibility and power to your file conversion duties. On top of that, the Compressor lets you enhance images quickly, customize output settings, as well as organize and import your videos to an Apple-certified iTunes partner.
Here are the main features of the Compressor:
- Upload videos to video-sharing sites like YouTube and Vimeo.
- Export video and audio podcasts in AAC, MP3, MXF, HEVC, MPEG-4, ProRes, and H.264 formats.
- Burn video/audio files to DVD or Blu-ray discs using H.264 preset for DVD.
- Deliver HDR (High Dynamic Range) video with color space controls and HDR metadata.
- Customize your content with a timecode overlay, watermarks, and image filters.
- Import and organize trailers, movies, audio descriptions, closed captions, and subtitles to iTunes Store.
- System requirements: At least 4GB RAM, macOS 10.14 or later, 1GB VRAM, Blu-ray recorder for Blu-ray burning.
With all these features in mind, it’s undoubtedly clear that the Apple Compressor is a powerful tool to have. However, Windows users will have to seek another alternative, as we’ll see later. Also, this app might be a bit complicated to use for beginners. But all said and done; the Compressor is an excellent transcoder.
As I’ve said, using the Final Cut Pro Compressor is not anybody’s cup of tea. Luckily, you can download the Wondershare UniConverter, which is simple to use and is compatible with both macOS and Windows computers. Here, you can compress your video file by changing the format, file size, quality, resolution, and bit rate. You can even change the title, subtitle, and destination of your videos. And of course, it’s super-fast to use thanks to the APEXTRANS technology.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Compressor
- Easily compress video files to all popular formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP4, AVI, FLV, etc.
- Convert movies files to optimized preset for almost all devices.
- Download videos from popular sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Step 1 Load your videos.
Click the Toolbox tab, then open the video compressor by clicking the Video Compress. On the pop-up dialog window, press the + sign to locate and import your video.
Step 2 Set compression settings.
You can now manually enter your preferred file size, quality, bit rate, and format. A more natural way is via dragging the compression bar to adjust your video settings, except the format. If you’re satisfied, tap the Preview button to preview your video for a maximum of 20 seconds. That will give you an overview of what your video will look like after compression.
Step 3 Compress your video.
Last but not least, set a destination path in the “Save file” section. Finally, hit the Compress button to begin resizing your video minus any quality loss.
If you’re in a hurry to compress videos that you can’t wait to install the Wondershare desktop app, you can use the Online UniConverter. Unlike the desktop version, this app can compress on any device with an updated browser and internet connection. Apart from compressing videos, Online UniConverter can also compress audio/image, convert audio/image/video, edit videos, and make GIFs. Even juicier, you don’t need to sign up or install anything to use this ad-free conversion website. Just be mindful of the small 100MB upload size.
Step 1 Click the the Online UniConverter to launch the video compression site then drag your video to the app. You can also click the + to add a video.
Step 2 Now set the size, resolution, and format from the respective drop-down lists. There are at least ten video formats to choose from, including MKV, MP4, WEBM, and so on.
Step 3 Finally, tap the Compress to begin compressing your video. You’ll see a download link with the compressed video. You can also send it to Dropbox.
To conclude, the Apple Compressor is undoubtedly an excellent file editing app for macOS users. However, this compression tool is not beginner-friendly and is not Windows-supported. For these reasons, I suggest that you get the Wondershare UniConverter as the smart alternative.