Screen recording is widely used to create tutorials and explanation videos for employees. Whether you're a small business or work as a large company manager, you can enjoy the benefits of using a chrome built-in screen recorder.
In addition to advantages, the built-in chrome screen recorder also has many drawbacks. It produces low-quality videos.
It might be incompatible with Windows or macOS. Google chrome's built-in screen recorder offers limited time for recording.
These disadvantages are not critical, but they can annoy some users. But we'll tell you about some recorders you can use to record your screen hassle-free.
This article will introduce you to the Top 8 screen recorder for Google Chrome and teach you how to screen record on Chrome through them.
Chromebook's screen recording tool launched in March 2021. It is relatively a new addition to the Google family. This feature was introduced for the Chrome OS 89, and you can find it in the Quick settings panel.Almost all companies have now introduced their employees to virtual workspaces.
It can cause problems only when there's a need to record screens and save online meetings, especially for Chromebook users.
Those who previously used the third-party screen capturing tool can now easily record screens, meetings, and lessons and take screenshots whenever they want with just a few clicks.Besides this feature, Chrome 89 also brings incorporation between Android and Chrome devices and provides better gamepad support for browsers. It also includes NFC for web apps and native web sharing,
Sometimes third-party interference is needed to fulfill the purpose of recording the screen on your desktop or smartphone. Fortuitously, Chrome 89 has its own built-in screen recording tool and doesn't require any other tool to capture the screen.
Now you must be wondering how to use the Chromebook's screen recording tool. Some basic steps are mentioned below to learn screen recording in Chromebook.
Let's get started.
Step 1: Open the Quick settings panel
On the bottom right corner of your desktop screen, click the clock on the ledge. It will open the Quick settings panel.
Step 2: Select screen capture
Now, click on the "Screen capture" optionfrom the toolbar, which appears at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3: Click on the Recorder icon.
After that, click on the "Recorder" icon to record the screen.
Step 4: Start recording
You'll see three screen options available in the toolbar to record your screen: Full screen, partial screen, and specific window screen record. You can choose the one you necessitate to start recording.
Let's discuss each of these options individually:
• Full-Screen Screen Recording
Click on the "Full Screen" icon. Then you can press anywhere on the screen to record your video. The screen recording will start after 3 seconds,
• Partial Screen
In this mode, you can record a specific area for screen recording rather than the whole screen. Click on the "Partial Screen" icon to start this mode. Select the area you want to capture partially.
• Window Screen
You can capture a separate window in this mode. Click on the "Window" icon from the toolbar to turn on this model. Select the window you want to record.
Step 5: Stop Recording
After finishing the recording, press the "Stop" button to stop the screen recording.
You will see a notification stating, "Screen recording taken ."You can click on it to access the video file in your "Downloads" folder.
Chromebook lets you watch, share, delete and save your captured content to Google drive. You can open the folder on your Windows or Mac to view your saved content.
Chromebook's built-in screen recording tool is an excellent, easy and safe way to record screens and capture screenshots. As well as advantages, it has disadvantages as well.
Drawbacks of using a Built-in screen recording tool:
- It allows you to save videos only in WEBM files, and sometimes the "Window Screen" option does not work.
- It produces videos of low resolution
- It doesn't record the screen with sound.
- It doesn't allow multiple formats to use.
- The captured content is compatible with specific devices only.
- You can't add your watermark.
- You can't share your recorded video directly on social media
- It doesn't provide you with essential video editing tools.
Therefore, if you're looking for a more convenient way to record your screen, you can always use alternative software.
We'll discuss some alternative recording tools that you can use conveniently to record your screen by using multiple features.
Ten best chrome screen recorders are popular that you can use to capture your screen. A detailed description of each tool is illustrated below.
It is a screen recording that captures whatever happens on your screen for meetings, presentations, lectures, and webinars with real-time voiceover. It is a potent tool to meet your video conversion needs.
It helps you to convert videos for every device. It provides you with limitless possibilities whether you want to convert a video or edit it. It is the best screen capture tool with lots of features.
You not only record screens and Webcams only but also screen activity. You can merge, compress, create subtitles, and remove silent segments and watermarks.
You can create any type of instructional, educational, promotional video, etc.
It also supports full-screen recording. You can record the entire or part of the screen the way you want. The recorded screen size can also be adjusted. It allows you to capture your screen with sound as well.
It's suitable for creating or recording gaming videos. You may be a gamer who wants to show the world your skills or teach them how you've crushed your opponents in the game. Unit converter is best for you.
Its friendly user interface is easy to understand. You don't need to learn professional skills to operate this software. In addition to recording functions, it also offers some editing features that you can use to make your content more interactive.
It produces good quality videos. It's a web-based software that you can use online or also download. There are limited features available on the free version. You'll have to download this software to operate it.
You can convert videos into multiple formats that are compatible with your device.
- It's an easy-to-operate recording tool.
- You can record activities that happen on your screen
- Perfect for creating videos after recording
- In addition to recording and editing features, you can trim, crop, effect, rotate, add subtitles, audio, and watermark.
- It can separate video portraits with artificial intelligence and switch backgrounds.
- You can make GIFs from videos and pictures
- You can convert videos into any format.
It's useful for downloading videos from many websites.
It's easy to manage software.
It includes basic editing features.
It converts video into the desired format.
When you use it the first time, the interface might look a bit confusing.
All the features are limited to the free version.
Edit videos on Mac by trimming, cropping, adding effects, and subtitles.
Converter videos to any format at 90X faster speed.
Compress your video or audio files without quality loss.
Excellent smart trimmer for cutting and splitting videos automatically.
Nice AI-enabled subtitle editor for adding subtitles to your tutorial videos automatically.
Download any online video for teaching from more than 10,000 platforms and sites.
It is a screen recording tool within Chrome and is a great way to record screens, but it's often rendered useless if you want to record the whole webpage without scrolling. It is where the Nimbus; screen recording tool comes to your rescue.
It allows you to capture entire web pages no matter their length, making it a must-have tool for teachers and hosts tired of scrolling and increasing the recording time.
It can also take the attention of the audience away from it. It also comes with additional features like the ability to annotate to assist you in creating valuable recordings on the wing.
It can also support full-screen recording. It allows you to record your sound with the screen. The recorded screen can also be adjusted.
The operation interface of the software is easy to understand. It is simple to comprehend. Moreover, it also provides basic editing skills.
The quality of the recorded video is good. Both versions of this software are available. You can also purchase it to use more features. It also converts videos into formats such as Mp4 and gif.
Here are some features offered by the Nimbus screen recorder.
- It lets you record videos, the whole desktop, chosen window, and your webcam feed.
- You can add your watermarks.
- You can customize your recording resolution and frame rate.
- It allows you to add an annotation to your content.
- It provides an in-built video converter: WebM to Mp4 and gif.
- It also has essential editing tools; crop, trim and annotate.
- It also has built-in integrations: Google Drive and Dropbox.
- You can capture and edit screenshots.
It's economical and safe.
It's an easy-to-use software that you can use in just a few clicks.
It has a more extraordinary ability to import graphics.
Easy-to-use with comprehensive functionality.
It has a limited speed of loading.
Sometimes it's slow to sync.
It is an online screen capture and video recording communication tool that allows the community to communicate with their customers and team members effectively through video. You can capture whatever happens on your screen and send it to the people. This software solves those things that are difficult to write over Text.
The Fluid screen recorder is another ingenious and frivolous screen recording extension for Google Chrome. It is a complementary addition with paid plans as well. The primary offering is more than adequate for most users.
It allows you to record watermark-free videos for a maximum length of 1 hour. It is also one of the few extensions that allow you to trim, crop, and annotate your capturing without needing to purchase the premium plan.
You can adjust the recording size as per your need. You can record activities on your screen and create any type of video, such as gaming, instructional and demonstrational videos.
You don't need to buy its subscription to remove the watermark. In addition to recording the screen, you can crop, trim the video, and keep the desired portion per your need.
You can also annotate the content to better understand the audience. Its interface is easy to use. It's relatively cheap than other software.
It supports macOS and windows.
Some of the features offered by Fluvid are here
- It allows you to record screen, browser, window, desktop, or your Webcam.
- It records system audio with automatic sync.
- It provides watermark-free recordings.
- Fluid also has drawing tools.
- It can add custom logos, titles, descriptions, tags, and more.
- Recordings will be indexed by search engines as well.
- It also has built-in Gmail integration.
- A free version of Fluvid supports 2FA.
It has a friendly user interface.
There is no limit to how many videos you can record per day or month.
It is safe to use.
Its free version restricts you from recording a maximum of 50 videos in a month.
Compared to other screen recorders, video convert and export formats are very limited.
It is a feature-packed screen recorder for Chrome. It is a comprehensive Screen recording extension for Chrome that offers you all the features you will ever need. It is the most powerful screen recorder for Chrome. You can emphasize your clicks by using this software.
Screenity is an open-source project that lets you self host your recordings on your own server and uses the policy to generate your version of Screenity.
It lets you record your screen, annotate videos, and edit them using the in-built editor. Screening also has a built-in highlighter for your clicks and mouse movements to help your audience follow along with your process.
The features offered by Screenity help it stand out from the host.
- It allows you unlimited recordings
- It lets you capture desktop, window, tab, and Webcam.
- Screening supports annotation when recording screens.
- Depending on your needs, you can highlight or hide your mouse movements.
- It can record mic and system audio with the "Push to talk" feature.
- It offers custom countdown and count-up timers with more features.
- It provides you with export options: MP4, GIF, and WebM.
- You can export videos directly to Google Drive.
- It has some basic editing skills with the trim, crop, and other editing tools.
- It is entirely free, and no sign-up is required.
The open-source recording tool
No unnecessary sign-in is required to use this recording tool.
It's not very stable
Video formats are limited.
It is a screen recorder that you can also use to record your screen with a cam. You can create professional-looking videos, pitches, presentations, and demos. It's our last choice; Sendspark video recording extension for its great reviews, lightweight design, and well-optimized selection of screen recording features.
Sendspark enables you to record personalized messages while creating a video made with marketing and sales professionals in mind.
It helps businesses connect to customers with personalized messages. It can also be used to create polished videos for generation, whether the user is an individual or a manager.
Below your video, you can also add a call to action and have the ability to embed them in various places, including web pages and emails. You can also produce short links for your videos to instantly share them with your viewers. Let's have a look at its top features.
- It allows you to record your screen with personalized messages.
- It helps you to generate quick share links for recordings.
- You can create personalized video thumbnails and custom video landing pages.
- You can add a custom name and logo.
- It allows you to convert your video to CTA.
- It lets you embed video in emails and web pages.
- It's a free account limited to making 30 video
It's straightforward to communicate with clients visually.
User-friendly interface that increases management
It provides better integration with a mobile phone.
You can create screen capture videos quickly and easily with a webcam with BombBomb Chrome Extension. BombBomb is a recently released screen recording extension for Chrome that focuses on the basics.
It is insubstantial and comes with all the essential features, including the ability to share your recordings on various platforms with just a single click.
It is well optimized for Chrome, and its size of less than 2MB makes it ideal for low-end PCs and laptops. You can record your activities on your screen. You can capture the whole screen or record the part of the screen as per your need.
You can add the Chrome extension and then use it to create videos. It's straightforward to understand. It doesn't provide basic editing skills.
Here are some features you can enjoy if you decide to install the BombBomb Chrome extension.
- You can record the screen and Webcam simultaneously.
- It allows you to embed your webcam feed in your recordings.
- It lets you share: Embed video in mail or page, or share custom URL links.
- It requires only a 3-second animated preview for embedded videos.
- It can add its own logo.
- It provides Gmail features: Create canned responses, save canned responses, and add Text, images, links, and videos.
It makes communication simple
Gmail integration is simply handy.
It doesn't provide you with editing features.
goCast is the foremost Chrome Webster extension that lets you create screen recordings within the browser. You can record your browser windows and desktop and microphone input within your recordings. It is similar to simple screen capture and screen recorder.
This is screencasting software. It is entirely free. You don't need to buy it to use its features. It produces videos with no watermark. You can capture the whole screen or partial screen as per your need.
You can record the screen with a Webcam also. This way, you can create instructional and demo videos. There is no need to download this software. The quality of the recorded video is good.
It also opens up a massive area of possibilities where you can create voiceovers and more while simply screen-recording using goCast. You can record videos with a microphone.
Some of the prominent features of goCast Screen Recording are as follows.
- It allows you to create a screen recording in a tab.
- You can capture a specific window or the entire desktop.
- You can also capture input from only your Webcam or microphone.
- It also supports Webcam narration.
- It allows you to export videos in formats: Webm, Mp4
It's free, and you don't need to buy it.
You can record the screen with the camera as well.
It lacks video editing tools.
It is one of the top-rated screen recorders. You can save recordings on Google drive. You can avoid purchasing cloud space to store your recordings.
An ancient screen recording extension for Chrome has recently revived the service to include new for free users.
It is fast, easy to use and most of all, allows you to edit your recordings on the fly. It makes it an easy-to-use tool for teachers and students who need to instantly refer to recorded material.
Recently a new change to Screencastify has made every recording feature available to beginners, but it comes with a recording limit of 5 mins. You can record the screen with just a few clicks.
You must buy the premium plan if you want to record more than 5 minutes. Here are the prominent features offered by Screencastify. It not only records your desktop but also audio. It also provides basic editing skills.
- It produces videos with no watermark.
- It has built-in editing tools: Video Trimming, Annotations, Merge, Crop, and add Text.
- It can record a desktop, a particular tab, or a custom-defined area.
- The videos are recorded in 1080p.
- It also can add voiceovers and embed your Webcam in a screen recording.
- You can also autosave recordings to Google Drive.
- You can also publish recordings directly to YouTube
- It has multiple export Options: MP4, Animated GIF, and MP3
It supports free plans.
It also offers real-time screen annotation.
Its free version lacks video editing tools
The free version has a watermark.
It is one of few recording extensions to record HD videos for up to one hour. You can use a record using a mic, a handy feature for creating tutorials or product demonstration videos.
It lets you stitch multiple videos and create a shareable playlist. One of the main features of this software is that you can create 3-seconds animated gifs.
Vidyard is a free and straightforward screen recording extension for Chrome with a simple and easy-to-use interface that is perfect for beginners.
It also can track the activity of your shared recordings by letting you know who and how many times it has been watched. This is an ingenious feature if you're a teacher looking to ensure that everyone is up to date with your class.
Some features offered by Vidyard are as follows
- Easy to use interface
- You can create free recordings that can last up to 1 hour.
- You can add notes and annotations while recording your screen.
- You can also send video emails using Gmail integration or linking your social media accounts.
- It allows you to track your video stats and create custom GIFs and thumbnails.
It lets you add call-to-action in the video
You can create video playlists
It has a complex user interface
It collects user data, including IP addresses that can cause privacy concerns
Compared to other extensions on this list, the Drift screen recording extension for Chrome is another specialized offering that focuses more on efficiency and your custom workflow.
It allows you to record your screen in GIF or video format, depending on your needs. Drift video and a screen recorder for work also allow you to chat and track your views while publishing a video.
Here are some of its top features.
- It is a trusted tool for B2B users.
- You can record videos or GIFs.
- It provides you with Cross-platform integration: Gmail, Linkedin, Zoom, Outreach, and more.
- You can also edit videos: trim, crop, custom thumbnails, convert to GIFs, and more
It has a Call-to-action feature.
It doesn't work all the time.
You can easily record your desktop screen by using Wondershare Uniconverter. It is one of the best software and reliable. It's more convenient if you want to record videos without frame loss or lag issues. However, it also offers a conversion speed of 90x.
Why choose it?
- You can record the entire screen or the specific portion.
- With Uniconverter, you can also record audio.
- It allows you to draw while recording.
- You can preset the time of the recording.
- It also allows you to record screens with Webcam.
To record the screen with Uniconverter, you must follow the guides step-by-step.
Step 1 Download Uniconverter
First, visit https://videoconverter.wondershare.net/. Click on "Free download ."After downloading, install it.
Step 2 Run Software
Open the software. A pop-up window will appear.From the left, click on the "Screen recorder".
Then click on the "Screen recorder" icon.
Step 3 Adjust settings
Customize the area you want to record. You can drag the big plus sign and adjust the area the way you want. If you want to record the screen with Webcam and microphone, enable it.
Step 4 Start recording
Click on "Start recording ."A pop-up icon will appear. Click on "Drawing tool" to highlight the specific point on the screen while recording. Once the recording is over, click on the big red button to stop it again.
The recorded video will be automatically saved in the interface,
There is a lot of screen recording software that you can capture whatever happens on your screen. You can record your activities and send them to anyone you want.
But it can confuse users to select the reliable one. If you want to record your screen conveniently without facing any problems, we recommend using Uniconvertor.
It is one of the best Screen recording tools that you can use to capture with a microphone and Webcam. You can create any type of video, such as instructional, demonstrational, testimonial, and gaming videos.
It provides you with multiple editing features that you can use to make your videos interactive.
Download it and try it.