- 1. Top 7 Facecam Screen Recorders
- 2. How to Make a Picture-in-Picture Effect
- 3. Does Picture-in-Picture Work with Zoom
- 4. How to Record a Lecture or Game with Picture-in-Picture Effect
- 5. Record Yourself and Your Screen at the Same Time
- 6. Best and Easy Ways to Learn What is Picture-in-Picture
- 7. Make a Picture-in-Picture Video with Wondershare UniConverter
- 8. The Ultimate Guide to Create PIP Videos in Camtasia
- 9. Record Webcam and Screen at the Same Tim
- 10. How to Record Picture-in-Picture Video
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
6 Methods to Record Yourself and Your Screen at the Same Time
by Kayla Morrison • 2022-08-22 11:03:11 • Proven solutions
Are you still scratching your head, wondering how to record yourself and your screen at the same time on PC? Wonder no more, as this tutorial guide will teach you how to do that hassle-free. In this vlogging era, you may want to create a picture in picture video to explain something to your online following or students. It may be about explaining something about computer settings or how to play a particular game. Whatever it is, keep reading to learn how to record yourself and your screen at the same time effectively.
- Part 1. Best Way on How to Record Yourself and Your Screen at the Same Time
- Part 2. 5 Recommended Screen and Video Recording Apps with PIP Function
Wondershare UniConverter is the best app for anybody looking to create high-quality Picture-in-Picture videos on Mac or Windows. It's simple to use and features multiple tools. Here, users can record desktop screens in PIP mode, download videos, convert between file formats, edit videos, etc. When recording a PIP video, users can add annotations such as texts, stickers, symbols, arrows, and voice narrations. Moreover, Wondershare UniConverter lets you export recorded video to FLV, AVI, or MP4 format.
Set the output format, frame rate, quality, recording duration, and folder path before recording.
Edit videos with features of cropping, trimming, rotating, adding watermarks, applying effects, and others.
Edit, enhance & personalize your video file.
Batch video/audio compression and conversion are allowed.
Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fixing Media Metadata, and more.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
Steps on how to record your screen and yourself on Windows 10/7/8 using Wondershare Screen Recorder:
Step 1 Run the Screen Recorder tool.
Install and launch Wondershare UniConverter on your PC, then click the Screen Recorder tab. After that, press the Camcorder button to launch the Screen Recorder tool. Don't forget to open the browser tab or desktop app you want to record.
Step 2 Choose a recording area.
Now use the cropper to set a recording area of your choice. To do that, drag the cropper's edges to fit a particular region. You can also set the input webcam for recording a video overlay, an input mic for adding voice narrations, and an output speaker for picking up system audio.
Step 3 Set your recording preferences.
Before you start recording, click the Settings button to set these output preferences:
- Format - You can export the recorded video to MP4, AVI, or FLV file. For a better playback experience without sacrificing quality, choose MP4.
- Quality - The output quality is paramount. You can set it as high, medium, or low.
- Frame Rate - If you're recording a fast tutorial like a video game, choose a higher frame rate.
- Record Timer - Sometimes, you may want to set an automatic timer for a start and stop time. In that case, enter the appropriate time under the Record Timer section.
Step 4 Start recording video with annotations.
Click the REC button to begin capturing your desktop screen. Open the recording taskbar by clicking the arrow on the left, then do the following things:
- Open the PIP Screen - If you want to add a video overlay of your face as you record, click the Webcam button. The picture in picture effect will appear at the bottom-right corner.
- Add annotations - Click the Annotation button to add texts, stickers, shapes, arrows, drawings, and more as you record.
- Choose input microphone - If you want your audience to hear your voice narrations, click the Microphone to enable or disable it.
- Microphone - The speaker icon lets users choose whether they want to mute or unmute system sounds during the recording session.
- Set a sound output - Click the Speaker icon to enable or disable system audio as you record.
- Stop recording - Press the Stop button to finish recording your desktop screen with a video overlay.
Below are the additional methods on how to record your screen and yourself on a computer:
Wondershare DemoCreator is a wonderful video editing and screen recording app for Mac and Windows. With this tool, you can create online tutorials and courses quickly and easily. It works with desktop apps such as video games, VoIP apps, browsers, etc. Wondershare DemoCreator can also customize videos by cropping, changing the speed, setting the output format, and more. Plus, you'll get free 24/7 support after purchase.
- Simple video customization tools.
- Free 24/7 client support.
- Not entirely free.
Camtasia is another top-class professional screen recorder for computers. Like Wondershare UniConverter, Camtasia lets users record almost anything. You can select a specific app, window, region, or capture the full screen. The UI is also very friendly. Users can adjust the microphone volume, system audio, and apply effects.
- Multiple screen recording techniques.
- It lets users adjust the microphone volume.
- Limited video editing functions.
3. Ecamm Live
Ecamm Live comes with an attractive 2-week trial period. After that, you can subscribe to one of the affordable plans and start capturing high-quality desktop screens with a PIP thumbnail. When recording, users can zoom in or out and mute or unmute microphone narration. However, that's just about it because eCamm live doesn't pack video editing options.
- Affordable subscription plans.
- Simple to use.
- Limited editing functions.
Similar to Ecamm Live, ScreenFlow works on Mac only. Even worse, ScreenFlow doesn't offer a free trial. However, it makes up for that with excellent recording capabilities. After purchasing a plan, you can easily record audio, video, and webcams with top-quality. Interestingly, it lets users record screen from external devices like iPhones and iPads. Additionally, you can record system audio as well.
- Multiple recording capabilities.
- Straightforward UI.
- No free trial period.
Zoom shot into popularity during this Coronavirus era when virtual meetings are the way to go. Therefore, it's not surprising that this app is one of the most loved video recording apps. This videotelephony app lets users chat with 100 participants concurrently and record meetings for future reference. You can upgrade your plan to support up to 1000 participants.
- Supports up to 100 attendees.
- It has advanced keyboard shortcuts.
- No editing tools.
You probably know some of the video recording apps on the list above. However, the last five have some severe weaknesses. Therefore, use Wondershare UniConverter to enjoy a smooth and professional desktop screen recording experience.