- 1. Convert Popular Formats to AVI+
- 1.1 WMV to AVI Converter
- 1.2 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.3 MOV to AVI Converter for Mac
- 1.4 MKV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 Free MP4 to AVI Converter
- 1.6 WebM to AVI Converter
- 1.7 MPG to AVI Converter
- 1.8 FLV to AVI Converter
- 1.9 Convert ISO to AVI
- 1.10 Convert M4V to AVI
- 1.11 3GP to AVI Converter
- 1.12 RMVB to AVI Converter
- 1.13 DivX to AVI Converter
- 1.14 WLMP to AVI Converter
- 1.15 VRO to AVI Converter
- 1.16 Video TS to AVI Converter
- 1.17 DV to AVI Conveter
- 1.18 MTS to AVI Converter
- 1.19 VOB to AVI Converter
- 1.20 Convert MP3 to AVI
- 1.21 MKV to AVI Conveter
- 1.22 GIF to AVI Converter
- 1.23 MP4 to AVI Converter with VLC
- 1.24 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2. Convert Other Formats to AVI+
- 2.1 ASF to AVI Converter
- 2.2 MXF to AVI Converter
- 2.3 MOD to AVI Converter
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 2.5 Convert DVD to AVI
- 2.7 Convert WTV to AVI
- 2.8 Convert DVR to AVI
- 2.9 Convert Torrent to AVI
- 2.10 Convert AVCHD to AVI
- 2.11 Convert MSWMM to AVI
- 2.12 Convert OGV to AVI
- 2.13 Convert YouTube video to AVI
- 2.14 Convert Windows Movie Maker Video to AVI
- 2.15 Convert Windows DVD Maker Video to AVI
- 2.16 Burn DVD to AVI with handbrake
- 2.17 Export Windows Live Movie Maker in AVI
- 2.18 Free M2TS to AVI Converter
- 2.19 Convert JPG to AVI
- 2.20 Convert PPT to AVI
- 2.21 Convert H.264 to AVI
- 3. Convert AVI to Popular Formats+
- 3.1 AVI to MOV Converter
- 3.2 AVI to MOV Online Converter
- 3.3 AVI to MKV Converter
- 3.4 AVI to 3GP Online Converter
- 3.5 AVI to M4V Converter
- 3.6 AVI to FLV Converter
- 3.7 AVI to WMV Converter
- 3.8 Free AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.9 AVI to SWF Converter
- 3.10 AVI to DVD Converter
- 3.11 AVI to DivX Converter
- 3.12 AVI to ISO Converter
- 3.13 AVI to TS Converter
- 3.14 AVI to VOB Converter
- 3.15 Convert AVI to MP4
- 3.16 Convert AVI to MP3
- 3.17 AVI to MPEG Converter for Mac
- 3.18 AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.19 Convert AVI to MP4 with VLC
- 3.20 Convert AVI to WAV
- 4. Convert AVI to Other Formats+
- 4.1 Convert AVI to iTunes
- 4.2 Convert AVI to WebM
- 4.3 Convert AVI to 3GP
- 4.4 Convert AVI to iMovie
- 4.5 Import AVI to iMovie
- 4.6 Convert AVI to Xvid
- 4.7 Convert AVI to Chromecast
- 4.8 Convert AVI to MPEG2
- 4.9 Convert AVI to MPEG4
- 4.10 Convert AVI to iPod
- 4.11 Convert AVI to GIF
- 4.12 Convert AVI to iPhone
- 4.13 Convert AVI to FCP Mac
- 4.14 Convert AVI to YouTube
- 4.15 Burn AVI to DVD
- 5. Convert AVI Online +
- 6. Play AVI+
- 6.1 Top AVI Player
- 6.2 Play AVI on Mac
- 6.3 Play AVI on iPad
- 6.4 Play AVI on iPhone
- 6.5 Play AVI on Xbox one
- 6.6 Play AVI on Xbox360
- 6.7 Play AVI with VLC Player
- 6.8 Play AVI in QuickTime
- 6.9 Play AVI in Windows Media Player
- 6.10 Play AVI in Samsung galaxy s6
- 6.11 Play AVI on Apple TV
- 6.12 Play AVI on TV
- 7. AVI Tips & Tricks+
- 7.1 MOVAVI Alternative for Windows
- 7.2 MOVAVI Alternative
- 7.3 Free AVI Converter on Mac
- 7.4 AVI Converter for Windows 10
- 7.5 Free AVI Converters on Mac
- 7.6 AVI Converters
- 7.7 Free AVI Player for windows
- 7.8 AVI Player for Mac
- 7.9 AVI Cutter
- 7.10 Make AVI Smaller
- 7.11 Reduce AVI File Size
- 7.12 Compress AVI
- 7.13 Add Metadata to AVI
- 7.14 3D AVI Creator
- 7.15 Repair AVI File
In this modern era of advanced technology, watching videos and movies has become as easy as making a call and can be even done through your mobiles, tablets and laptops. There are a number of AVI or video players out there but to enjoy high quality videos on your device, you must download one which is compatible with the device you own. These players can be downloaded through the internet on your respective devices so that you can play movies, music, TV shows and all kinds of other videos on these players. The following is a complete list of the top 30 AVI players for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android.
- Part 1. Top 10 AVI Players for Windows 10
- Part 2. Top 9 AVI Players for Mac
- Part 3. Top 5 AVI Players for iPhone/iPad
- Part 4. Top 5 AVI Players for Android
Recommended AVI Converter & Player
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices like iPhone.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Windows 10 is one of the most popular operating systems in the world and is one which is on most of the laptops and other mobile devices. There are endless AVI players which can be used and downloaded on this operating system but the following is a list of the top 10 AVId players for Windows 10:
- VLC Player
- SM Player
- KM Player
- FreeSmith Video Player
- GOM Media Player
1. VLC Player
Download URL: http://vlc-media-player.en.softonic.com/
Supported Formats: MPEG, FLV, RMBV and many other formats
Review from PCMAG: "It'll often succeed where Windows Media Player and Win Amp fail. VLC media player is available for Windows, Macintosh, and many Linux flavors and is an excellent choice."
- VLC Player is a free, open source, stable, lightweight and flexible player.
- This is an extremely easy to use player which supports multiple formats and hence is a popular choice for most.
- What makes it special is the fact that it plays both HD and BluRay.
- It has a basic and stylish interface which looks great when downloaded and used on Windows based devices.
2. SM Player
Developer: Ricardo Villalba
Download URL: http://smplayer.en.softonic.com/
Supported Formats: MKV, MOD, HEVC, AVCHD, MPEG-TS, M2TS, TP, EVO, AVC and others.
Review from Techsupportalert: "SMplayer joins the list of impressive media players that is a front-end for award winning MPlayer, but differentiates itself from the competition, thanks to its extensive features, by maintaining its ease of use."
- SM Player is yet another popular AVI player which is not restricted by Codec’s and this is its highlight feature.
- One of the feature that this player supports is that it resumes play from stopping point.
- The fact that this player has a lot of subtitle control makes it a popular choice.
- This AVI player supports many formats including HD, MPEG, FLV and RMBV.
3. KM Player
Developer: Pandora TV
Download URL: http://www.kmplayer.com/
Supported Formats: AVI, ASF, WMV, AVS, FLV, etc.
Review from CNET: “KMPlayer has established strong viewership that's created a whole new layer of interaction beyond being a standalone video player.”
- KM Player is yet another lightweight and versatile video player which plays all kinds of videos.
- It supports many formats including AVI, ASF, WMV, AVS and FLV etc
- One of the highlight features of this player is that it is highly customizable and light on resources.
- It is free of cost and is an open source platform.
Developer:Cowen Systems Inc
Download URL: http://jetvideo.en.softonic.com/
Supported Formats: AVI, AFS, FVI, MPEG, MPG, etc.
Review from CNET: "JetVideo not only plays media files but also plays, rips, and burns Audio CDs, records system audio, converts files, and more.”
- JetVideo is one of the top rated and most popular AVI player for Windows 10 platform and is a comprehensive multimedia player for Windows PC users.
- It is sleek and stylish looking video player which comes with an easy to use interface and supports various formats.
- It is a lightweight video player which is open source and offers good video and sound quality
Download URL: http://rulesplayer.en.softonic.com/
Supported Formats: URL: AVI, MPG, MPEG, AFS and others.
Review from CNET: “This player contains almost all the codecs you need to watch almost any movie or hear almost any sound file” it is clean and easy to use."
- RulesPlayer is yet another amazing video player which works on Windows 10 and several other operating systems as well.
- It supports the feature of subtitles as well and supports plugins and skins to customize it
- What makes it special is the fact that you get high quality videos and audio playback on it.
6. FreeSmith Video Player
Download URL: https://freesmith-video-player.en.softonic.com/
Supported Formats: AVI, AFS, FVI, MPEG and MPG.
Review from Freewarefiles: “Beautiful interface. Good sound and video quality. Volume up/down by arrow.”
- FreeSmith video player is an excellent quality media player which comes with a stylish looking interface
- This video player supports the feature of subtitles and also works in various languages to suit people from across the world.
- It also plays BluRay videos and this is something that makes it different from other players.
7. GOM Media Player
Download URL: http://player.gomlab.com/
Supported Formats: Many formats including MKV, FLV, AVI, MPG and MPEG.
Review from CNET: “GOM Media Player is a competent option if you want to play various media files right on your PC.”
- One of the best things about GOM Media player is that it offers brilliant customization and is easy to use.
- It is a free of cost and open source platform which is compatible with Windows 10 and other Windows versions as well.
- It supports various formats and works with almost all kinds of videos.
Developer: Daum Creations
Download URL: https://potplayer.daum.net/
Supported Formats: Several formats including MPEG, MPG, FLV, AVI, AFS and many more.
Review from Yahoo: “If you thought you'd seen it all in free media players, have a look at impressive Daum Potplayer.”
- PotPlayer is a unique kind of a video player which not only supports 3D glasses and 3D oriented features but also offers impressive video and audio quality.
- It supports a wide range of codecs that you will need to play any kinds of media pieces.
- It is absolutely free of cost and can be downloaded on all Windows 10 devices.
Developer: Real networks
Download URL: http://www.real.com/
Supported Formats: All possible formats including MPEG, MPG, AVI, FLV, AFS, etc.
Review from Videograbber: “It has many versatile functions and is a media library where you can manage all your downloaded files.”
- RealPlayer is a popular name as far as video or audio players are concerned and is a free of cost media player.
- It is available for free but also has a premium version for those who may want to use some extra features.
- Real Player supports and works with various types of formats.
Download URL: http://www.umplayer.com/
Supported Formats: MPEG, MPG, AVI, FLV and others.
Review from CNET: “UMplayer is an acceptable media player that has a lot more potential. For now, some of the missing features and playback issues may be too big of a trade-off for most users.”
- UMPlayer is a high quality media player which plays both audio and video files.
- It has built in codec support which means that you don’t need any external codecs to use it.
- Used to enjoy both movies and TV shows etc since it supports a large number of formats.
Mac OS is Apple’s dedicated OS for Macbooks and other devices and is a platform on which several AVI players can be downloaded. The following is a list of the top 10 such AIV players for Mac.
- VLC Media Player
- Macgo Media Player for Mac
- Elmedia Player
- Windows Media Components for QuickTime
Developer: Plex Inc
Download URL: http://plex.en.softonic.com/mac
Supported Formats: RTX, OTA, MPEG, MPG, AFS, AVI, WMA,WMV etc
Review from Techradar: “If you consider yourself a media buff and have the repository of .mkv files to back it up, Plex is everything you've been longing for.”
- Plex is a good media streamer for Mac users and has the capability to both play and stream various types of video and audio files.
- It is an open source and free of cost platform which delivers well.
- It supports many codecs and is light on resources which means it does not eat up a lot of the space on your Mac OS.
Developer: MPlayer Team
Download URL: http://mplayer-os-x.en.softonic.com/mac
Supported Formats: WMA, WMV, MOV, VIVO, MPEG, AFS, etc.
Review from Freewarefiles: "Everything about this media player for Mac works. You don’t get anything better than this and it is definitely recommended."
- MPlayer is a popular and versatile AVI player which works on the MAC OS and delivers outstanding video and audio quality.
- This media player supports a gamut of formats and requires no external codecs to function.
- With a stylish interface, it looks gorgeous on your Mac screens
3. VLC Media Player
Download URL: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html
Supported Formats: WMA, WMV, MOV, MPEG, VIVO, AFS, AVI, etc.
Review from CNET: "VLC Player is an excellent AVI player with format.vob and is surely the best out there."
- VLC Media player is one of the best cross-platform and multi-format media players in the world and also works on Mac.
- It Supports many formats and is a high quality player which is not just easy to use but can also play a wide variety of file types.
- It is highly versatile and a default choice for almost all Mac or other device owners.
4. Macgo Media Player for Mac
Download URL: https://www.macblurayplayer.com/mac-media-player.htm
Supported Formats: AVI, AFS, WMV, WMA, VIVO, MOV
Review from CNET: "Technical support is available, and the developer's Web site is user-friendly."
- Macgo Mac media player for MAC, as the name suggests is a dedicated media player for Mac OS.
- It is a basic player but is highly efficient and effective.
- It is very easy to use and offers a great experience.
- It is capable of playing all types of media files and features friendly UI
5. Elmedia Player
Developer: Eltima software
Download URL: http://elmedia-player-free-for-mac.en.softonic.com/mac
Supported Formats: FLV, XAP, RM and RV
Review from CNET: "One of the most convenient features of this app is the built-in browser, which lets you search for online movies directly without having to use a different program."
- Elmedia is a highly stylish and customizable media player for Mac which plays a wide type of formats.
- It is a unique media player which supports many codecs and plugins.
- It is highly customizable and flexible.
Developer: DivX LLC
Download URL: http://www.divx.com/en/software/player/features
Supported Formats: AVI, AFS, WMV, WMA, MOV, VIVO, MPEG etc
Review from Techhive: "As a desktop media player, DivX Plus is easy to use and attractive. It is a must have for anyone who uses a Macbook."
- One of the most special features of DivX player for Mac is that it Supports HD quality videos and hence provides an incredible experience.
- This media or video player also includes many amazing features like desktop dimmer and window fade which are often not found to be offered by most other video players.
- It has a stylish interface and is easy to use and customize.
Developer: Jay Tuley
Download URL: http://niceplayer.en.softonic.com/mac
Supported Formats: WMA, WMV, MOV, AFS, etc.
Review from CNET: "Great lightweight alternative to QuickTime, and a much quicker alternative to VLC. It is definitely recommended if you are a Mac user."
- Niceplayer is a well known and reliable media player for Mac users and performs impressively.
- Includes many features like subtitle support, plug-in support etc and delivers high quality videos to you.
- It supports many codecs and hence requires no external ones.
8. Windows Media Components for QuickTime
Developer: Telestream Inc
Supported Formats: XAP, MPEG, MPG, WMA, WMV, etc.
Review from MacUpdate: "It is a multi-format video player that allows you to play the Windows Media files directly in Quick Time Player and also view the Windows Media content on internet through web browser."
- Windows media components for QuickTime is yet another superb video player for those who use Mac Operating systems and is also known as Flip4Mac WMV Player
- This media or video player supports a large number of codecs and supports several formats which makes it possible for you to watch all kinds of videos on it.
- This is a versatile video player which comes with a stylish interface
Developer: Pandora TV
Download URL: http://www.5kplayer.com/
Supported Formats: MKV, MOD, HEVC, AVCHD, MPEG-TS, M2TS, TP, EVO, AVC and others.
Review from Techwalls: “The app works pretty well with my video and audio files. I also love its interface and the media library.”
- 5K Player is a powerful media player which provides brilliant quality of audio and videos.
- It is a video player which supports both normal and matrix functions and supports a large number of formats.
- 5K Player is versatile, easy to use and can be customized as per convenience.
iOS OS is a versatile and very user friendly operating system on which millions of phones, tablets and music players run. The app store of iOS has hundreds of AVI player options but only a few of them really offer good quality and have been given a high rating. The following is a list of the top 5 AVI players for iPhone/iPad app.
- VLC Media Player
- OPlayer Lite
- PlayerXtreme Media Player
- Infuse 3
Developer: Portable Ltd
Supported Formats: AVI,MKV, MP4, OC, XVID etc
Review from igeeksblog: "It is a clean and a simple player that can handle the MKV formats well but not the HD ones. The built-in browser enables you to stream and download the files without using iTunes."
- Playable is one of the preferd choice of AVI players for anyone who uses an iPhone or an iPad.
- It is a full HD MKV player which can be installed for free of cost and provides a gamut of interesting features.
- It is easy to use and supports several codecs and formats.
2. VLC Media Player
Supported Formats: MPEG, FLV, RMBV and many other formats
Review from CNET: “VLC Media Player is a video player with great onscreen controls, numerous ways to upload media and support for both Dropbox and Google Drive.”
- VLC Media player is yet another superb choice of an AVI player if you are an iOS device users.
- This is a stable, lightweight and flexible player which can be customized as per convenience and delivers high quality of video and audio playback.
- One thing that makes it special is the fact that it plays both HD and BluRay.
- With a basic interface, it is ideal for beginners.
3. OPlayer Lite
Supported Formats: DIVX/MP3/WAV, OGG,FLAC etc
Review from CNET: “If you are looking for a downloader and video playback-enabled media browser for your iOS device. OPlayer Lite is a great free tool to get you started.”
- OPlayer Lite is a free of cost video or AVI player app for iPhone or iPad users.
- It has the capability to stream both audio and videos and works well even on the small screens of iOS devices.
- It delivers high quality playback and does not require any external codecs.
4. PlayerXtreme Media Player
Download URL: https://playerxtreme.com/
Supported Formats: XMV, WMV, WMA, MPEG, MPG and others
Review from CNET: “PlayerXtreme is a video player worthy of the elegant iPad and is one which you wont regret downloading.“
- PlayerExtreme is often the preferred choice of a video player for those who use iOS devices.
- This is a powerful media player for iPad and delivers top quality video and audio quality.
- Inspite of some amazing features, it is free of cost and comes with a stylish interface.
5. Infuse 3
Developer: Fire core
Download URL: https://firecore.com/
Supported Formats: XMA, WMV, WMA, AFS, AVI, MPEG, MPG and others.
Review from Lifehacker: “If you're looking for a fast, solid video player for your iPhone or your iPad, Infuse can play almost anything you throw at it.”
- Infuse 3 also finds a place on the top AVI players for iOS devices since it is a highly customizable and versatile player.
- It is a free of cost app to download and can be used to watch not just music videos but also movies and TV shows
- It is absolutely free of cost and does not include any hidden charges or in-app purchase options.
Android is one of the largest community as far as operating systems is concerned and millions of devices all across the world function on this OS. There are a huge number of media players and AVI players which run on Android devices but only a few truly offer good quality and features. The following is a list of the top 5 AVI players for Android.
- BS Player
- Dice Player
Supported Formats: MPEG, FLV, RMBV and many other formats
Review from Yahoo: ”VLC for Android is a no-brainer. Few players, free or premium, can challenge its capabilities and support such wide video formats.”
- VLC Player is easily one of the best options for watching videos for anyone who owns an Android device.
- It is extremely easy to use and has a basic yet efficient interface for the best experience.
- This is a customizable player which is lightweight and does not take up a lot of space on your Android phone or tablet.
- One thing that sets this player apart is the fact that it plays both HD and BluRay.
2. BS Player
Developer: BS player media
Supported Formats: WMA, WMV, AFS, AVI, MPEG, MPG, MOV, VIVO etc
Review from Life Hacker: “BSPlayer is pretty highly configurable, but you can also start using it right away out of the box with almost any video file.”
- BS Player is a solid media player for Android devices which offers top quality audio and video quality.
- It is an extremely easy to use, flexible and versatile player which supports various formats and does not require any external codecs to function.
3. Dice Player
Download URL: https://dice-player.en.uptodown.com/android
Supported Format: MPEG, WMA, WMV, MPG, AFS, AVI and others.
Review from Trusted Reviews: “It doesn't work smoothly on every device, but when it does work Dice Player is a great option for playing back high definition MKV files.”
- Dice player is yet another superb option of a video or AVI player which supports most codecs and plays all kinds of formats.
- One of the highlight feature of this versatile player is the subtitle support that it offers.
- Another option that this player makes available for users is hardware acceleration support.
Developer: Aaron Turner
Supported Formats: WMA, MPEG, WMV, MPEG, AFS, AVI, flac, mid, ota, rtx etc.
Review from Android Authority: “Overall, this is a great minimal video and music player. It gets the job done and doesn’t distract you with a bunch of features you may not need.”
- Feather is a highly stable and customizable video player for all those who own and use Android devices.
- This is a extremely Sleek and stylish looking player which delivers top audio and video quality even on Android mobile phones.
- The player can be downloaded through Android app store and its premium version is available for a minimal cost.
Supported Formats: AVI, AFS, flac, OTA, RTX, WMA, MPEG, and MPG etc.
Review from One Click Root: “The free edition of GPlayer has almost everything, but to complete the series of features and bonus services, you can buy the app from the Google Play store.”
- Gplayer is yet another superb video player for Android devices and has th capability to stream movies, videos and other AVI files.
- One thing that makes this player special is the fact that it supports most codecs and can play a large number of formats as well.
- It also supports the feature of subtitle and this is something that makes it a very popular choice among Android users.
- This player is extremely lightweight and versatile.
From above AVI players, we can see that Wondershare Video Converter is the best AVI player and converter for Windows/Mac, as it is multiple functional, easy-to-use, fast, and high-quality. Free download and install it, then follow the simple steps to convert and play your AVI videos easily.