- 1. Convert Video to Any Format+
- 1.1 Easy Way to Play Quicktime Video
- 1.2 MOV vs MP4
- 1.3 Top 7 MP4 Converter Downloader
- 1.4 Anything to MP4
- 1.5 WebM vs MP4
- 1.6 FLV vs MP4
- 1.7 Convert Stereo to Mono Easily
- 1.8 MPEG vs MP4
- 1.9 Convert VHS to Digital
- 1.10 Top 5 Mono to Stereo Converters
- 1.11 Convert Anything to Anything
- 1.12 10 Ways to Turn Video into Audio
- 1.13 Top 10 Song to Ringtone Converters
- 1.14 Easy Steps to Convert Video to Live Photos
- 1.15 Trim Videos on Windows Media Player
- 1.16 Best Tools to Trim MP4
- 1.17 Convert TS to MP4 with VLC
- 1.18 Easy Steps to Convert Videos to MIDI Files in 2020
- 1.19 How Can You Convert MP4 to MIDI Format in 2020
- 1.20 How to Convert WMA to MP4 Format with VLC in 2020
- 1.21 5 Simple Methods to Convert YouTube Video to WMA Format in 2020
- 1.22 Best Way to Convert 3GPP to Other Formats in 2020
- 1.23 How to Use Handbrake to Convert WebM to Any Video Format
- 2. Convert Picture to Any Format+
- 3. Tips and Tricks+
- 3.1 What is FLV File
- 3.2 What is M4A File
- 3.3 What is TS File
- 3.4 What is FLAC File
- 3.5 What is AAC Format
- 3.6 What is AAC Audio
- 3.7 What is Cloudconvert
- 3.8 What is MXF File
- 3.9 9 Zamzar converter Alternatives
- 3.10 10 Best Free Key Converters
- 3.11 Free VLC Batch Convert Feature
- 3.12 How to Convert Files
- 3.13 Top 10 Easy Converters
- 3.14 Top 11 Video Clip Converters
- 3.15 Tips and Tricks for Converting It
- 3.16 Online Convert Com Alternative
- 3.17 10 Vector Converters Alternative
- 3.18 How to Open ISO File
- 3.19 Freemake Video Converter Review
- 3.20 Top 10 Online Converter MP4
- 3.21 Top 10 File Type Converters
- 3.22 Top 9 Free Logo Converters
- 3.23 FQA about Windows Media Video
- 3.24 Top 6 Free Sound Converters
- 3.25 Best Apple Compressor Alternative
- 3.26 Top 9 ISO Extractors
- 3.27 AVI vs MP4
- 3.28 10 Solutions to Combine Files
- 3.29 Top 8 TS File Players
- 3.30 6 Tips for Converting SWF Files in 2020
- 3.31 Best Way to Convert MIDI to WAV Format in 2020
- 3.32How to Convert WAV to MIDI Format in 2020
- 3.33 5 Recommended Ways to Convert AC3 Format in 2020
- 3.34 Simple Steps to Convert WMA Format to iTunes Format in 2020
- 3.35 Top 3 Nintendo 3DS Converters
Explore Full Guide-Windows Media Video
Windows Media Video (WMV) is a Windows file format that has been around for quite some time now. However, since Microsoft created it, Windows Media Video is not compatible with Apple devices. How can Apple users play these videos on their devices? The trick is rather simple. Just get an appropriate Windows Media Video converter and convert it into an Apple compatible format. In this article, you shall receive a step by step guide on how to convert Windows Media Video with ease.
- Part 1. How to Convert Windows Media Video Online Free
- Part 2. Best Windows Media Video Converter for Windows/Mac
- Part 3. Extended Knowledge about Windows Media Video Format
There is no doubt there are numerous Windows Media Video converter tools out there. However, the question is whether these tools can handle your task without having to dip into your pocket. It is worth knowing that there are several up to par free online converters for Windows Media Video, as highlighted below.
Zamzar is a common name among the top Windows Media Video converters. The simple and easy-to-use interface makes it the right choice for many.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- It is relatively fast.
- Low output quality.
Online UniConverter is also among the best free online Windows Media Video format converters. It supports several media file-formats, including WMV, MP4, and mp3 among others.
- Supports a wide range of media file formats.
- Simple design and conversion process.
- Larger files make it slower.
Online-Convert is an excellent WMV converter that supports the conversion of several different formats. It takes a simple click to convert and download the file.
- Supports many types of file formats.
- Compared with other free online converters, the output quality is excellent.
- Users have reported incidences of program crashes during conversion.
It is simple and one of the best WMV online converter programs. The conversion process involves up to three simple steps and therefore, newbies won't find it hard to navigate.
- A simple interface and easy to use.
- Support many types of file formats.
- Uploading a file may take too long.
- It does not support encrypted or protected video files.
Convertio is a functional yet straightforward Windows Media Video file converter. It allows users to source input files from the computer, Dropbox, URL, and Google Drive. You can then save the output directly to the cloud.
- It supports batch conversion.
- It supports cloud storage.
- This program imposes a file limit of 100MB per conversion.
Cloudconvert, as the name suggests, is a cloud-based media file converter that can convert WMV files to and from other formats. The program allows users to customize codecs and subtitles, among others.
- The video conversion process is simple.
- It supports cloud storage.
- Video conversion consumes more time.
Aconvert is a common WMV converter amongst scores of media users. The interface is quite simple. It supports sourcing of files from Google Drive, local computer, Dropbox, and URL. It supports video formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, VOB, and OGV among others.
- Supports batch process.
- Supports cloud storage.
- It imposes a file size limit of 200MB.
Converting Windows Media Video files can prove a daunting task, especially with the lack of a proper conversion tool. You can spend much time and energy curating for a suitable tool without success. This is why you need Wondershare UniConverter. Wondershare Uniconverter is an effective all-in-one platform capable of converting WMV files to any other format without compromising on the output quality. This program is available for Windows and Mac operating systems and is trusted by millions of people across the globe. Besides conversion, Wondershare Uniconverter offers an array of other functionalities. These functions include edit video, download video, record video, burn DVD, transfer video, and a Toolbox with a set of optimized video tools.
Wondershare UniConverter - All-in-one Tool
- Convert all standard video formats to MP3, OGG, M4A, M4B, M4R, MKV, and other audio presets.
- Convert movies files to optimized preset for almost all devices.
- Download videos from popular sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, etc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Step 1 Import Windows Media Files.
Launch Wondershare Uniconverter on your computer to access the primary interface. Locate and hit the +Add Files icon to get directed to the file directory. Choose the target WMV files and click “Open” to upload onto the program.
Step 2 Choose the Output Format.
Once the WMV file is uploaded, click the drop-down arrow beside the Output Format option. Select the desired format under Video, Audio, Device, and Recent categories. The chosen format will display presets to the right where you can customize the resolution of the output file.
Step 3 Edit Output File (Optional)
Before finally converting your WMV files to the chosen format, you can choose to edit, although this process is not mandatory. You can trim, crop, and apply several effects as per your need by clicking on the respective edit icons.
Step 4 Start Convert Windows Media Files
Once you are satisfied with the selection, click the Convert button located to the right of an individual media file. If you are doing a batch conversion, then click the Start All. You can enable the High Speed Conversion to speed the conversion process.
The following table gives a summary of the Windows Media Video format that can help enrich your knowledge and make proper decisions regarding the application of WMV format.
|Attribute||Windows Media Video|