- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.24 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.25 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.26 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.27 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.28 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.29 Convert MKV to SWF
- 2.30 Convert MKV to MP4 with Subtitle
- 2.31 Convert MKV to WAV
- 2.32 Convert MKV to MPG
- 2.33 Convert MKV to ISO
- 2.33 Convert MKV to WebM
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 3.19 Convert WebM to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
How to Make HandBrake MKV to MP4 without Quality Loss
MKV is an open-source video format that allows storing video files along with multiple audio and soft subtitles as well. MKV files are large in size and not recognized by a number of players mobile phones and devices and thus converting it to a more popular format as MP4 arises. HandBrake MKV to MP4 conversion is one of the most commonly used methods owing to the popularity and simplicity of the software use. There are a lot of expectations from HandBrake MKV conversion like lossless quality conversion, Fast conversion speed, Editing features, Conversion to an array of other formats, and more others. But is HandBrake MKV converter the best choice for you to convert MKV files? Maybe not.
- Part 1. What Doesn't HandBrake Support but Are Searched Frequently
- Part 2. How to Convert MKV to MP4 in Batch without Quality Loss
- Part 3. How to Convert MKV to MP4 Free with HandBrake
Part 1. What Doesn't HandBrake Support but Are Searched Frequently
HandBrake is an open-source video conversion program that supports multi-platform, including Mac, Windows, and Linux. There is an array of features that are searched and expected by users to be supported by the software, but in actuality are not. Listed below are some needed features that are not supported while you convert MKV to MP4 HandBrake.
1. Convert MKV to MP4 without Quality Loss -- No
HandBrake does allow converting your MKV files to MP4 format but with loss of quality. In actual, HandBrake re-encodes your MKV files while conversion and thus leads to quality loss. Thus, HandBrake MKV to MP4 without quality loss is not possible.
2. Convert multiple files in batch -- No
HandBrake allows adding multiple files in a queue that are then converted one at a time. The software does not support batch processing, where multiple files can be converted at a time.
3. Join MKV files with HandBrake -- No
If you have multiple clips of MKV files that you want to join into a single video, the feature is not supported by the software. Thus, if you search for the feature to join MKV files HandBrake, you will be disappointed.
4. Convert MKV/MP4 to AVI/MOV and other formats -- No
HandBrake supports converting your videos only to MKV and MP4 format. So if you are looking for HandBrake MKV to AVI or other file conversions, HandBrake is not the right choice.
Supported input formats: HandBrake supports almost all multimedia formats, DVD, and Blu-ray files, which are not copyright protected as its supported input format.
Supported output format: MKV and MP4 are the only file container formats which are supported as output formats by the software. The supported encoders are as follows:
Video Encoders: H.265 (x265 and QuickSync), H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8, VP9, and Theora
Audio Encoders: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, E-AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AAC, and MP3 tracks
Part 2. How to Convert MKV to MP4 in Batch without Quality Loss
There is no point struggling to convert one file at a time with the loss of quality using HandBrake when Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is there. This strong and feature-rich program proves to be the best HandBrake alternative for MKV to MP4 as well as other conversion needs. With the support of over 1000 formats, Wondershare UniConverter allows fast conversion with lossless quality. The built-in editor facilitates cutting, cropping, adding effects, and adding watermarks to your video before converting them. Multiple files can be added and processed at a time for batch processing. Additionally, the software also supports preset formats for a number of devices to avoid compatibility issues. Video transfer, video download, and DVD burning are some of the added features.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox for Windows/Mac
- Best Alternative to HandBrake to convert MKV videos to any other format and vice versa.
- Support 1,000+ video formats conversion with full quality output and super fast speed.
- Edit MKV videos before converting with features of cropping, trimming, rotating, adding watermarks, etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites by simply pasting URLs.
- Transfer converted MKV videos from PC/Mac to iOS/Android devices via a USB cable.
- Burn MKV videos to DVD with free menu templates and make customization.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Video Compressor, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Video Tutorial to Convert Videos to Any Format with Wondershare MKV to MP4 Converter
Steps to Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative -- Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Add MKV Files to HandBrake MKV Converter Alternative
Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac. Video Converter tab will be opened by default. Click on the button on the left-top corner to load the MKV videos from your computer. You can also drag and drop the MKV files to the program directly.
Step 2 Select MP4 as the Output Format
After the files are added to the program, click on Output Format: option on the top-right corner. And a media formats list will open, choose MP4 as the target format from the Video tab. Also, select the resolution of the file.
Step 3 Reduce MKV File Size (Optional)
To compress and reduce the MKV file size, click on the compress icon under the target video info bar, and a new setting window will open. Now you can change the video size as you like and preview the output video to check its quality. Click the OK button to save changes if you feel OK. You can skip this step if you don't need to compress your video.
Step 4 Convert MKV to MP4 Without Quality Loss
Finally, click on Start All button to start the process of converting all added MKV files to MP4 without any quality loss using Wondershare MKV video converter.
Part 3. How to Convert MKV to MP4 Free with HandBrake
HandBrake is a multi-platform video transcoder that is free to use. The program allows converting your multimedia videos and other files to MKV or MP4 format in a simple and quick manner.
- Allows cropping and resizing videos.
- Facilitates to remove the combing artifacts that are caused due to telecine and interlacing.
- Facilitates batch scanning and queuing of encodes.
- Average Bitrate Video Encoding with constant quality.
- Option for Live static and video previews.
- Allows passing through audio with converting for certain types of audio files.
- Allows preserving the existing subtitles and remove or add the soft ones.
Steps on How to Use HandBrake to Convert MKV to MP4:
Step 1: Download, install, and open HandBrake software on your computer. Click the Source button and choose Open File option that will allow you to add the MKV files from your system that you want to convert.
Step 2: Under Output Settings, select MP4 as the desired target format.
Step 3: To compress MKV HandBrake and to reduce the file size, you can edit the bit rate or the frame of the output file.
Step 4: Click on the green Start button to convert MKV to MP4 HandBrake one by one.
So if you're looking for an alternative to HandBrake, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will be your best choice as it not only provides you so many functions but also best output quality and super fast converting experience.