Convert MP4 on Mac
- 1. Convert Other Formats to MP4 on Mac+
- 1.1 Convert MOV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.3 Convert FLV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.4 Convert WMV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.5 Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- 1.6 Convert MPG to MP4 on Mac
- 1.7 Convert MPEG4 to MP4
- 1.8 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 1.9 Convert VOB to MP4 on Mac
- 1.10 Convert MTS to MP4 on Mac
- 1.11 Convert M2TS to Mp4
- 1.12 Convert SWF to MP4 on Mac
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other Formats on Mac+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 2.6 Convert MP4 to DIVX on Mac
- 2.7 Convert MP4 to WEBM on Mac
- 2.8 Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac
- 2.9 Convert MP4 to M4V on Mac
- 2.10 Convert MP4 to OGG on Mac
- 2.11 Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac
How to Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac Effortlessly
How do I convert an MKV file to MP4 format on Mac?
If you are looking for a solution to converting MKV files to MP4 too, then you have surely landed on the right page. The article below discusses the best ways to convert MKV to MP4 on Mac without compromising on quality. With the .mkv extension, MKV is a Matroska multimedia container file format that is capable of containing video, audio, subtitle, and image in a single file. Though designed as future proof, these files do not have any industry standard and thus are not compatible with playing with an array of devices and portable players including Mac. If your media collection holds a large number of MKV files that you want to play or edit on your Mac, then the best option would be to convert it to a more popular and compatible format like MP4. Moreover, the MKV file is large in size and this may cause an error while playing it on Mac, iPhone, or other devices. Thus MKV to MP4 Conversion on Mac seems to be the most practical solution for playing these files on Mac and other devices.
- Part 1. Most Helpful MKV to MP4 Mac Converter in 2020
- Part 2. Convert MKV to MP4 with this Helpful MKV Converter
- Part 3. Most Commonly Asked Questions about MKV to MP4 Conversion on Mac
Part 1. Most Helpful MKV to MP4 Mac Converter in 2020
To make your MKV files compatible with Mac and other devices, you need a good MKV to MP4 converter on Mac. One of the best programs in this category is UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) by Wondershare that comes loaded with an array of features along with simple to use interface. In addition to MKV to MP4, the software allows conversion between all popular formats without any quality loss. The software can work on Windows and Mac and thus allows a quick and simple way to convert MKV to MP4 on Mac. Besides converting MKV files to MP4, you're also allowed to convert other video and audio files easily, such as converting FLV to MP4. If you are still wondering what makes UniConverter as the best MKV video converter, read below to clear your doubts.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MKV Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Supports more than 1000 popular formats including 4K and VR to take care of all your conversion needs.
- Support device compatible formats, you can transfer MKV files to iPhone with one click.
- Allows batch MKV conversion so that multiple files can be converted at a time.
- As compared to common converters, UniConverter has 30 times faster conversion speed owing to its APEXTRANS technology.
- Download and record videos from 10,000 popular sites, including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and converting them to any format.
- Works as an awesome editor with features like trimming, merging, cropping, add subtitles, and others.
- Also works as a decent all-in-one DVD toolkit with features like converting DVD, editing DVD, burning and creating DVD, and others.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Part 2. Convert MKV to MP4 with this Helpful MKV Converter
As mentioned in the above part of the article, Wondershare UniConverter for Mac is a fast and simple to use MKV to MP4 converter on Mac. Listed below are the video tutorial and detailed steps for converting MKV to MP4 using the software.
Watch Video Tutorial to Learn How to Convert MKV to MP4 on Windows
Steps on How to Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare MKV converter and load MKV files.
Launch this MKV to MP4 converter on your Mac. Drag and drop the desired MKV files on your software interface. Alternatively, you can also add the files by clicking Add Files.
Step 2 Select MP4 as the output format.
Once the MKV files are added to the software interface, select MP4 as the output format from the Video category.
Step 3 Edit the MKV videos (optional).
Videos can also be edited or customized if needed. For this, hit one of the editing icons under the video thumbnail to enter the editing window, as this step is totally optional, you can skip it and also move onto the next step. Learn more about editing MKV videos >.
Step 4 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac.
Finally, hit Start All button to start the MKV to MP4 conversion process. Your MKV files will be successfully converted to MP4 without any loss of quality. After the conversion, you can click Export > Uploading to YouTube to share your converted MKV files to YouTube, Vimeo directly. Also, you can transfer MKV files to your iPhone/Android devices by UniConverter.
If you want to convert MKV to MP4 without any installation, online solutions can help you out. Learn more MKV converters to convert MKV to MP4 online >.
Part 3. Most Commonly Asked Questions about MKV to MP4 Conversion on Mac
Listed below are some FAQs regarding MKV to MP4 conversion on Mac system to help you have a quick and smooth process.
Question 1: What is the difference between MKV and MP4 file format?
Answer: MKV is a Matroska Multimedia Container file format that is basically an open standard format which is capable of holding a number of video, audio, subtitle, and picture in a single file. The file format can support a number of video codecs and also allows multiple streaming of audio, video, chapters, and subtitle. Using MKV converter, high-quality videos can be compressed in small-sized files.
MP4 ( MPEG-4) is one of the most popular and widely used file formats that is also a container format and can include video, images, chapter, audio, subtitles, and other content. Different streams of multimedia can be streamed in a single file using the format.
Though MKV and MP4 both are used for playing audios and video, the basic difference between both these formats lies in the type of codecs present and supported by them. Moreover, when it comes to portable devices, MP4 has better compatibility as compared to MKV.
Question 2: How to convert HD MKV files for iTunes without quality loss?
Answer: Major formats like MP4, M4V, MOV, and others are supported by iTunes. Thus the best way to convert MKV to iTunes is by converting it to an iTunes compatible format like MP4. In such situations, a good MKV to MP4 converter for Mac will be an ideal choice.
Question 3: What is needed to convert MKV to MP4 on Apple or Mac device?
Answer: Though the MKV file format is supported by Apple products, but sometimes, the codecs present in the file are not supported. In such a scenario, need arises to convert the MKV file to a more device friendly and compatible format like MP4.
Question 4: How to convert multiple MKV files to MP4 format (batch conversion)?
Answer: If there are multiple MKV files that you need to convert to MP4 file format, then you need a professional file converter with a batch conversion facility. One such decent program is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) which allows adding multiple files at a time and converts them to the desired format within no time.
Question 5: How to convert MKV to MP4 on Mac without losing quality?
Answer: A variety of online programs and professional software are available which allows converting files between popular formats including MKV, and MP4. Such file conversion tools can be used for converting MKV to MP4 without compromising on quality. One such software is UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) which allows 30 times faster conversion without any quality loss.
So if you need to convert multiple MKV files to MP4 format on Mac without any quality loss, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will prove to be a good choice.