- 1. Adobe Premiere Tips+
- 1.1 export premiere pro
- 1.2 premiere editing
- 1.3 premiere pro export for instagram
- 1.4 premiere pro compress video
- 1.5 premiere h264
- 1.6 export avi premiere pro
- 1.7 export gif premiere
- 1.8 4k video from adobe premiere
- 1.9 gopro video from adobe premiere
- 1.10 best format to export from premiere pro
- 1.11 adobe video maker
- 1.12 premiere to avid
- 1.13 premiere pro h265
- 1.14 adobe premiere export mov
- 1.15 import mkv to adobe premiere
- 1.16 premiere prores
- 1.17 Adobe Premiere vs Final Cut Pro
- 2. Youtube Tips+
- 2.1 youtube video editor
- 2.2 youtube video editor app
- 2.3 edit youtube videos on iphone
- 2.4 youtube video editor for android
- 2.5 best video editor for youtube
- 2.6 youtube video editor free
- 2.7 youtube video editor online
- 2.8 youtube studio editor
- 2.9 youtube music video maker
- 2.10 youtube music editor
- 2.11 avs video editor youtubers
- 2.12 easy video editor for youtube
- 2.13 y2mate mp4
- 2.14 youtube clip editor
- 2.15 youtube hevc
- 2.16 youtube video format
- 2.17 youtube srt
- 2.18 mxf youtube
- 2.19 youtube video maker free
- 2.20 youtube video maker app
- 2.21 intro editor for youtube
- 2.22 youtube converter dailymotion
- 2.23 youtube mp3 converter dailymotion
- 3. Facebook Tips+
- 4. Instagram Tips+
- 5. Twitter Tips+
- 6. Whatsapp Tips+
WhatsApp MP4: Everything You Need to Know
When it comes to sharing footages on WhatsApp, MP4 is the first thing that may come to mind as the format is widely used for videos nowadays. Following that, here you will learn about the formats that WhatsApp supports along with the specifications of the clips that can be shared with your family, friends, and colleagues using the chat messenger.
- Part 1. Does WhatsApp Support MP4 and Can WhatsApp Send MP4 Videos
- Part 2. How to Reduce MP4 Video Size for WhatsApp in Easy Steps
- Part 3. How to Compress MP4 Video for WhatsApp with Online Video Converter
Yes, and Yes. WhatsApp does support MP4, and that’s why it can easily send the footages to other people who use the messenger. In addition to this, when talking about WhatsApp video, MP4 is not the only format it works with. In fact, the app also accepts the clips in MKV and AVI formats. However, while sending, the videos must be of 16MB or less in size, and must not be of more than 3 minutes in duration.
This is why you need an efficient MP4 to WhatsApp video format converter that allows you to edit the clips to reduce their duration, and can further help you export those footages to an extension that WhatsApp accepts and supports.
A software that can serve as one-stop shop for every video editing enthusiast is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Wondershare UniConverter not only helps you trim the clips to bring down their playback time, it also allows you to compress the size of the footages, and then convert the file even if it is already in MP4 to WhatsApp video format easily and quickly.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox for Windows/Mac
- Compress large videos to small size without losing any quality so that you can send with WhatsApp without limitation.
- Support 1,000+ video/audio formats to compress and convert such as MP4/MKV/AVI/MOV/MP3/WAV and more.
- Edit videos with features of cropping, trimming, rotating, adding watermarks, and others.
- Transfer videos from PC/Mac to iPhone/Android/Windows phone easily via a USB cable.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites by pasting URL.
- Supports batch processing to compress and convert multiple files at a time.
- Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, DVD Burner, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, Cast to TV, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/2003/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
You can follow the instructions given below to create WhatsApp video in MP4 with the help of Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Click Add Files and Bring Source Footage.
Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your computer (Windows or Mac), being on the Convert tile, click Add Files, and with the help of the Open box, bring the source footage to the application’s interface.
Step 2 Click Trim and Reduce Video Length.
Click the Trim icon from under the video thumbnail, use the Skimmer, trim handles, and the Cut and Delete buttons to remove the unnecessary sections of the clip in order to make the playback duration up to 3 minutes (180 seconds) or less, and click OK to close the box saving the changes.
Step 3 Click Compress Video and Reduce File Size.
Click the Compress Video icon from under the Target section of the interface, and on the next box, drag the File Size slider to the left to reduce the overall size of the file to 16MB or less (or enter the values in the File Size field manually to get the precise output). Optionally click the Preview button to check if the output video quality is acceptable, and if it is, click OK to close the box saving the modifications.
Step 4 Set Output Preferences and Click Convert.
Click and open the Convert all files to menu from the top-right, go to the Video tab, select MP4 (or MKV or AVI) from the left pane, click your preferred resolution from the right, choose a destination folder in the Output field at the bottom, and click Convert to create WhatsApp MP4 video.
If you already have a video that is of 3 minutes or less, and all you want is to reduce the file size so it can be shared via WhatsApp, you don’t have to install a dedicated tool on your PC merely for this purpose. The web version of UniConverter called Wondershare Online UniConverter has your back. With Online UniConverter, you can simply upload the source footage, and reduce its size to get a shareable WhatsApp video MP4 file.
You can follow the instructions described below to use Wondershare Online UniConverter to create MP4 to WhatsApp video format:
Step 1: Upload Video to Wondershare Online Video Compressor.
Open your favorite web browser (Mozilla Firefox here), go to https://www.media.io/video-compressor.html, click the + button, and use the File Upload box to upload the source video to Wondershare Online UniConverter’s Video Converter tool.
Step 2: Choose Output Size and Click COMPRESS.
Select the size of the output file from the Reset size drop-down list (make sure to pick the size that is 16MB or less), ensure that MP4 is selected in the Format menu (you can even choose MKV or AVI but MP4 works pretty well), and click COMPRESS to compress the clip for WhatsApp video MP4.
Converting MP4 to WhatsApp video format is a common practice on social platform and most people follow this in order send and receive not only personal footages but also for official purposes and to maintain documentations. The entire process becomes simpler when you use an effective and easy tool like Wondershare UniConverter or Wondershare Online UniConverter to edit and obtain WhatsApp MP4.