Adobe Premiere Tips
- 1. Import and Edit Tips+
- 1.1 mp4 to adobe premiere
- 1.2 flv to adobe premiere
- 1.3 convert avchd to adobe premiere
- 1.4 mov to adobe premiere
- 1.5 premiere pro h265
- 1.6 edit mp4 with adobe premiere
- 1.7 premiere-prores
- 1.8 mts to adobe premiere
- 1.9 edit 4k video in adobe premiere
- 1.10 merge clips premiere
- 1.11 premiere editing
- 1.12 import mkv to adobe premiere pro
- 1.13 fcpx to premiere
- 1.15 import and edit gopro video
- 1.14 adobe video maker
- 2. Export Tips+
- 3. Other Tips+
Can’t Import MKV to Adobe Premiere Pro? Solved it!
If you use Adobe Premiere frequently, and if it is usually the MKV files that you import to the program for editing, you need an efficient converter that can make those files compatible for Premiere Pro. This is because by default, Adobe Premiere Pro doesn’t accept MKV format. In fact, some of the extensions that can be imported to Adobe Premiere include AVI, MOV, WMV, MXF, XAVC S, VOB, MP4, etc. Among all these, MP4 is widely used as most of the players, and post-production applications are able to recognize them.
With that said, the following sections discuss some of the best solutions to import MKV to Adobe Premiere Pro:
- Part 1. How to Convert MKV to Adobe Premiere Without Any Trouble
- Part 2. How to Convert MKV to Adobe Premiere Online
- Part 3. Other 3 Converters to Convert MKV to Adobe Premiere
As mentioned earlier, you need an efficient converter to turn an MKV file into Adobe Premiere Pro compatible format. The definition of ‘efficient’ in the context of a conversion tool is that it must support multiple formats to import and convert the source files, it must have a simple UI, and the entire process must remain smooth and quick. One such program that has all the above advantages and is also enriched with plenty of other functions like built-in video editor, video compressor, VR converter, screen recorder, etc. is UniConverter by Wondershare.
Apart from being a universal converter that supports more than 1000 file formats at the time of this writing, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is extremely lightweight and can render the files 30 times faster than other post-production tools. With the ability to apply effects, add watermarks, and include subtitles to the videos, UniConverter can be considered a one-stop-shop for all your media-related tasks to come up with industry-standard outputs.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MKV Video Converter for Windows/Mac
- Convert MKV video to over 1000 formats, like WAV, AVI, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert MKV video to optimized preset including TV, Game, Windows Movie Maker and more for further editing
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos.
- Burn MKV to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Learning to use Wondershare UniConverter to convert MKV to Adobe Premiere Pro supported format is extremely simple, and the following method explains how to do so:
Step 1 Import MKV Video to UniConverter.
Download and install Wondershare UniConverter on your Windows or Mac computer, launch the program, ensure that you are on the Video Converter tile, click the from the center of the main interface, and locate and import the MKV file you want to import to Adobe Premiere Pro.
Step 2 Select a Supported Format.
Click the Output Format: from the upper-right section of the window, go to the Video tab, select an Adobe Premiere Pro compatible format from the left pane ( MP4 is selected here), and click your preferred resolution from the right ( Same as source is preferred in this scenario as you may not want to lose the quality of the video post-conversion).
Step 3 Convert the MKV File to Adobe Premiere Pro Compatible Format.
In the Output field at the bottom, select a destination folder to save the exported file to, and click the Start All from the right side of the imported video to convert MKV to Adobe Premiere Pro format using Wondershare UniConverter.
If you are not fond of overloading your computer with several applications, a robust online converter is definitely worth trying. Although you can choose any web-based conversion tool, Wondershare Online UniConverter makes the process extremely simple. Wondershare Online UniConverter is the web version of UniConverter that doesn’t need any installation on your local computer. Furthermore, Online UniConverter is as efficient as its desktop version and has almost all the features that its installable variant is equipped with.
The step-by-step instructions given below explain how to convert an MKV file to Adobe Premiere Pro with Wondershare Online UniConverter:
Step 1: Open the Video Converter Page
Open a web browser on your computer, go to https://www.media.io/, Click the + icon on the Online Video Converter page, and follow the instructions to upload the MKV file you want to convert to Adobe Premiere Pro.
Step 2: Convert the File.
Make sure that an Adobe Premiere Pro compatible format is selected in to the drop-down list ( MP4 here). If not, click to open the list and select your preferred one. Next, click CONVERT to begin the conversion process. Download the output file upon completion.
Apart from the desktop and online variants of UniConverter discussed above, you can also try a few other alternatives. Although they might not be as flexible as the Wondershare products are, they can still serve the purpose well.
Some of the most recommended alternatives to Wondershare UniConverter and Wondershare Online UniConverter are:
- Zamzar (https://www.zamzar.com/)
One of the most recognized online converters, Zamzar is used by some of the renowned organizations like The New York Times, Princeton University, DUPONT, etc. The web tool supports more than 1200 formats and therefore converting MKV to any Premiere Pro compatible file wouldn’t be a challenging task at all.
- Supports all major formats
- A paid subscription is required to upload and convert large files
- Convertio (https://convertio.co/)
With the capability to recognize more than 300 formats at the time of this writing, as an unregistered user, Convertio allows you to upload a video file of up to 100 MB. To app can accept the source videos from your local computer, Dropbox, Google Drive, or from a URL if the clip has been published online.
- The settings box lets you make adjustments like codec selection, flipping the video, etc. before conversion
- A paid subscription is required to convert videos that are more than 100 MB in size
- ONLINE-CONVERT (https://video.online-convert.com/)
Not only for videos but ONLINE-CONVERT can convert almost all major file types such as images, eBooks, documents, audios, etc. to their relevant formats. The web tool is absolutely free to use, and when talking about the videos, it can easily turn your source MKV files into your preferred Adobe Premiere supported extension including MOV, MP4, WMV, etc.
- An all-in-one online converter
- Absolutely free to use with no subscription plan
- The web page is overly populated with distracting advertisements
If you have MKV files that you want to edit in Adobe Premiere Pro, a good MKV converter is a must-have thing for you. Since Wondershare UniConverter supports more than 1000 different file formats for conversion, you can rely on the app when it comes to converting MKV files for Premiere Pro. In addition, because UniConverter has its own video editor, you can even skip resource-intensive Adobe Premiere and switch to Wondershare UniConverter for all your post-production tasks.