MP4 Tips & Tricks
- 1. Edit MP4+
- 2. Play MP4 on Different Devices +
- 3. Best MP4 Converters/Editors +
- 4. Other MP4 Tips +
Trimming or cutting is an important part of video editing. While shooting or recording videos you do not realize the length and having large videos with a lot of unwanted parts. Similarly, when you download video from sites, they may have boring advertisements in the start and the end or unnecessary portions in between. In all, above situations, an ideal solution to customize your videos is by trimming them. Using an MP4 trimmer not only helps you to get rid of unwanted video parts but also save storage space. There are a number of desktop software, MP4 cutter online, and other tools that you can use as per your requirements. So if you are looking for solutions on how to cut MP4 video, you are on the right page.
- Part 1. Cost-effective MP4 Trimmer to Cut MP4 Video on Windows/Mac
- Part 2. Top 5 Free MP4 Trimmers You Should Know
If you are looking for a cost-effective, yet professional tool for trimming and editing your videos, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is the best choice. The software works excellent both on Windows and Mac. It proves to be a good MP4 trimmer and a complete video toolbox with its long list of features. Using the program, you can trim your MP4 videos in different ways as needed. For instance, you can trim the start and end, trim middle part of the videos, trim your long videos in several clips and others. Video Converter Ultimate is paid software, but will prove to be a value for money for an array of features it offers.
- Allows trimming videos in a quick and simple manner.
- Facilitates trimming videos in a number of ways like start or end, the middle portion, unwanted part, and trimming long videos in multiple clips. Works as MP4 cutter and joiner.
- Supports an array of video formats that can be trimmed as per requirements.
- Features additional editing tools like cropping, adding external subtitles, adding special effects and filters, adding watermark and others.
- Support more than 1000 file formats for conversion.
- Convert videos to other format with 30X faster speed compared with common converters.
- Facilitates recording videos from streaming sites and record desktop activities with voice
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Burn videos to DVD or Blu-ray disc to play video on DVD player.
- Transfer video to devices, VR converter, cast video to TV, and others.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11(El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps to Cut MP4 Video using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate:
Step 1 Open Wondershare MP4 trimmer and load MP4 video.
Launch Video Converter Ultimate on your PC/Mac. Add the desired MP4 file to the software interface by simply dragging and dropping or click +Add Files to search and add a file from your PC.
Step 2 Trim the MP4 video.
Once the video is added, you can see 3 editing icons under the video thumbnail- trim, crop and effect. Click the Trim icon to open the trimming window.
For trimming the start or the end of the video, hold the mouse to the front or the rear part of the clip which you want to trim. Next, move the mouse on the time slider that will show the pencil icon. Use the icon to mention the exact time of the clip that you want to trim. Click Cut that will cut videos into 2 parts. Select the unwanted part of the video and click Delete. Next hit Save to proceed.
In addition to the start or the end, you can also trim the middle portion of the clip or trim long videos to short clips. To know the complete steps for these refer: https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/guide/edit_video.html.
Step 3 Convert the trimmed video.
On the primary interface, select the output format of the video and click Convert All to complete the trimming and conversion process.
For basic trimming needs, you can also pick a free MP4 trimmer. There are a number of online, desktop, and other types of free MP4 video cutters available that perform decent trimming function. The list of top 5 is as below.
1. Wincreator Video Cutter - Online MP4 Trimmer
Wincreator is a free to use program that allows to trim MP4 online without any need for software download. Maximum of a 50MB file can be uploaded to the interface for trimming. You can simply browse and add files present on your PC and then select the start and the end point of the video. The program also facilitates to preview the clip before trimming and making changes so that you accidentally do not delete any important part.
- This MP4 cutter online free need no software download or installation.
- Allows previewing files before editing.
- Support additional functions like video conversion, video download, and others.
- Upload file size limitation to 50MB.
2. Online Video Cutter- MP4 Cutter Online
This is a popularly used MP4 video cutter online that is free and simple to use. The program supports an array of formats including MP4, WMV, 3GP, MPG, and others. In addition to trimming, the MP4 splitter online also support other editing functions like rotating and cropping. With it's easy to understand interface, Online Video Converter facilitates video trimming without any hassles. Maximum file supported by the converter is 500MB. You can add the files present on your PC, its URL or from Google Drive.
- Supports a wide array of video formats.
- Allows selecting quality and output format of the file.
- Uploaded files are automatically deleted after a few hours.
- Support additional features of cropping and rotating.
- Files up to 500MB can be uploaded for trimming and other editing functions.
- File uploading process is slow.
3. Avidemux – Mac Based Trimmer
Avidemux is a free to use software that works well with Windows, Mac, Linux, and other OS. You can opt for this MP4 cutter free download and enjoy tasks like cutting, filtering, encoding, and others. All commonly used formats like MPEG, MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV, DivX, and others with different codecs are supported by the software. Using the program you can automate the tasks based on job queue, scripting capabilities, and the projects.
- Supports different formats and codecs.
- Lightweight app with clear toolbar having all needed buttons.
- Features good encoding options.
- No creative transitions and effects.
- Has no timeline.
4. VirtualDub- Windows Based Trimmer
VirtualDub is a Windows-based editing software that is free to use. The program works as MP4 video cutter and joiner as it allows trimming and removing the unwanted part and saving the remaining ones. The attributes of recompressing are not included. The software proves o be apt for processing linear video streams that will entail the filtering and the recompression. VirtualDub supports batch processing where a number of files can be processed at a time.
- Supports batch processing.
- Supports multiple options to trim and edit videos.
- AVI is the only supported output format.
- Not very user-friendly.
5. Video Toolbox Editor - MP4 Cutter for Android
This video editor app for Android allows customizing your videos by performing an array of functions like trimming, converting, flipping, rotating and others. This decent MP4 cutter for Android allows you to get rid of all the unwanted parts of your video clips in a quick and simple manner. You can trim the start as well end of your clip and can also mention the time to be trimmed. Commonly used video formats are supported and the app also allows to select the audio and the video quality in bit rate terms.
- Supports array of editing functions like crop, rotate, trim, flip, resize, and others.
- Supports commonly used media formats.
- The toolbox is not a traditional linear video creator with a timeline.
So either opt for one of the above MP4 cutter online for basic trimming needs or download Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for cutting, cropping, converting and other video related functions.