- 1. Playing with VLC+
- 1.1 Play Blu-Ray Movies
- 1.2 Play DLNA Content
- 1.3 Play Videos in VLC with Airplay
- 1.4 Play YouTube Videos in VLC
- 1.5 Play M2TS with VLC
- 1.6 Play MTS with VLC
- 1.7 Play M4V with VLC
- 1.8 Play MP4 in VLC
- 1.9 Play RTMP with VLC
- 1.10 Play ISO with VLC
- 1.11 Play AVI with VLC
- 1.12 Play WMV with VLC
- 1.13 Play MIDI with VLC
- 1.14 Play 3D Movies with VLC
- 1.15 Play AVCHD with VLC
- 1.16 Play Sopcast in VLC
- 1.17 FLAC Not Playing
- 1.18 MP4 Not Playing
- 1.19 FLV Not Playing
- 1.20 MKV Not Playing
- 1.21 MOV Not Playing
- 1.22 UNDF Not Playing
- 1.23 Use VLC for PS3
- 2. Convert & Stream+
- 3. Editing with VLC+
- 4. VLC for Mobile+
- 5. VLC Assistant+
- 6. Tips & Tricks+
- 6.1 Download VLC 64 bit
- 6.2 VLC Latest Version
- 6.3 Download VLC for Mac
- 6.4 VLC for Windows 7
- 6.5 VLC for Windows 8
- 6.6 VLC Skins
- 6.7 VLC Command Line
- 6.8 VLC as Default Player
- 6.9 Convert CD with VLC
- 6.10 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 6.11 VLC Web Plugin
- 6.12 Remote Control VLC
- 6.13 VLC Shortcuts
- 6.14 Screen Capture with VLC
- 6.15 Sync VLC Audio
- 6.16 KMPlayer vs. VLC
- 6.17 MPC vs. VLC
- 6.18 MPlayer vs. VLC
- 6.19 VLC Old Version
- 6.20 Snapshots in VLC
- 6.21 Change XBMC to VLC
- 6.22 Is VLC Safe
- 6.23 Best Torrent Player
- 6.24 How to Control the Speed
- 6.25 VLC Player Doesn't Have Sound
How to Control the Speed in VLC Media Player
Controlling the speed of your videos may be a frustrating task on available media players. If you are a movie buff or sports lover, you will like watching the favorite clips in detail. However, not every program offers you good speed control. Fortunately, open source VLC media player is the great software to have for controlling playback speed of all video formats. Controlling the speed also easy and requires few clicks or keystrokes.
- Part 1. How to Use VLC Media Player to Control Speed on Windows
- Part 2. How to Control Speed-Using VLC on Mac
- Part 3. Using Slow Motion Hotkey
As it is an open source software, you can download VLC from the videolan.org or from reliable sources like cnet.com or softonic.com. Download the Mac version of it. Follow these steps to control the speed of the video using VLC.
1. Launch the VLC media player and open the video file from the media tab or just by double clicking the file.
2. Now go to Playback and navigate to speed. There are four options faster, faster (fine), normal speed, slower, and slower (fine). Choose the slower or slower fine speed according to your own convenience.
Now play the video by heating space bar or clicking the play button. It take mere two steps to control the speed. Use the space steps to regain the normal speed but select the normal speed option from the speed menu.
You can control the speed of your video playback in VLC. If you can control the playback speed, it means that you can either watch the video in slow motion or just have it play quickly, just as you need.
The site videolan.org is a good source for downloading the VLC media player. Download the Mac version of the VLC from website. However, you can also download from the sources like download.cnet.com and softonic.com. Follow the following steps to control the speed of your video.
1. Launch the video using VLC media player or you can open from the Media menu using options Open File.
2. Now, navigate to Playback and open the options from speed. You will two variation of speeds slower and faster. Use the one you like and play the video.
You may find little disturbance if you are playing heavy format videos which have file size in GBs. You can always play it normally by going to the speed option and selecting the normal speed.
If you do not want to pause and go to menus for slowing the video, you can use the hotkeys to slow the videos with ease. Hotkeys offer much better control over the speed as it has many variation when it comes to slowing the speed. You can slow down the video from normal 1.0x to as low as .03x and there are 10 variations in speeds.
Use “[“ to slow the video. By pressing once it will go down to 0.9x, second time it will go to 0.8x and so on. To achieve the normal speed just hit “=” and video will play at normal speed.
Your Complete Video and Audio Toolbox
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3, etc.
- Versatile toolbox combines GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6