- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Transfer Tips+
- 1.1 How to Upload Videos from iPhone to Computer
- 1.2 How to Import Videos From iPhone to Mac
- 1.3 Import Videos From iPhone to PC
- 1.4 How to Transfer Videos From Mac to iPhone
- 1.5 Share Video iPhone
- 1.6 Mail Drop iPhone
- 1.7 Convert iPhone to Android
- 1.8 how to send video from android to iphone
- 1.9 How to Send Video From iPhone to Android
- 1.10 How to Send Video From iPhone Without Losing Quality
- 1.11 Import Video to iPhone
- 1.12 How to Upload Video to iPhone
- 1.13 How to Add Videos to iPhone
- 1.14 Transfer MP4 to iPhone
- 1.15 How to Transfer GoPro Videos to iPhone
- 2. Edit Photos on iPhone+
- 3. Edit Videos on iPhone+
- 3.1 iPhone Video Format
- 3.2 iPhone Supported Video Formats
- 3.3 Reduce Video Size iPhone
- 3.4 Resize video iphone
- 3.5 How to Trim a Video on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Clip a Video on iPhone
- 3.7 How to Crop a Video on iPhone
- 3.8 How to Crop a Video on iPhone with/without iMovie
- 3.9 iPhone Video Upside Down
- 3.10 Change Video Orientation iPhone
- 3.11 Time Lapse iPhone
- 3.12 How to Speed Up Video on iPhone
- 3.13 Zoom Video iPhone
- 3.14 How to Merge Videos on iPhone
- 3.15 How to Brighten a Video on iPhone
- 3.16 Play MKV on iPhone
- 3.17 How to Play Videos on iPhone
- 3.18 Screen Record iPhone
- 3.19 Record Audio on iPhone
- 3.20 Remove Audio from Video iPhone
- 3.21 How to Record Youtube Videos on iPhone
- 3.22 How to Remove Sound from iPhone Video
- 3.23 How to Upload a Video to Youtube from iPhone
- 3.24 iPhone Subtitles
- 4. Convert Video to iPhone+
- 5. Other Tips+
How to Crop a Video on iPhone with/without iMovie Easily
Sharing your daily life in videos has become extremely common in this digital age. Travel freaks like me love to record iPhone videos and update status on Instagram, WhatsApp, and other social media platforms. However, you would need to crop the video to make them look better on your profile. One of the best tools to crop video on iPhone is iMovie app. It reduces the file size for quick upload and also enhances the look of the video. So, are you ready to know more about iMovie and its counterparts to help you crop your favorite video? Well, today, we will look at how to crop a video on iPhone using the iMovie app. Other than that, we will also look at some alternatives that you can use.
- Part 1. How to Crop a Video on iPhone with iMovie
- Part 2. How to Crop iPhone Videos without iMovie
- Part 3. How to Crop a Video on iPhone with iMovie Alternative
iMovie is a preinstalled app on your iPhone, which you’ll be needing to crop your videos. If, by any chance, you can’t find iMovie on your phone, download it for free from the Apple Store. It is quite easy to use iMovie to crop videos on your iPhone. However, keep in mind that there is no feature to crop videos directly. You will have to beat about the bush a little. So let’s see how:
Step 1: Open the app.
Open the iMovie app; tap on Projects at the top and then tap on the plus(+) Sign.
Step 2: Upload video.
Choose the Movie option and select the video you want to crop and then tap on the Create Movie option.
Step 3: Find the trimming option.
Look at the bottom of the screen, and you’ll find the trimming section. Tap on it. Now, as the Pinch to zoom video button appears on the top-right, tap on it. Move the video selection to where you want it by pinching the screen in or out with your fingers.
Step 4: Finish cropping.
As you finish cropping the part you want to keep, tap on Done and save the video. Your video will get cropped to the part you want, and you can easily share it on different platforms now.
As we say with iMovie, you have to take the indirect approach. It will do the trick, but sometimes we want a bit more, don’t we? Fret not for there is a fantastic alternative to iMovie when it comes to video editing. It is none other than the Wondershare UniConverter. It started as a simple video converter, but there is more to this tool than meets the eye. You can do a lot of special stuff with this app, let alone crop a video.
Wondershare UniConverter - Crop and Edit Videos Easily
- Best iMovie alternative to crop iPhone videos on Mac/Windows without losing quality.
- Edit iPhone videos easily with trimming, cropping, cutting, adding subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Support 1000+ video formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, and more others.
- Convert videos to optimized preset for almost all devices, like iPhone, iPad, Huawei phone, etc.
- It has a 90X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Burn and customize videos to your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Here, however, we will look at how to crop videos on the iPhone with this tool, the UniConverter is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS platforms, and you can also crop iPhone videos with this software. Here’s how:
Step 1 Add files to Wondershare UniConverter.
Open Wondershare UniConverter on your computer. Under the Converter tab, you’ll find an option to . Click on that or select a suitable prospect from the drop-down.
Step 2 Find the cropping option.
After uploading the video, a thumbnail will appear on the main interface. Click on the crop button from the middle of the editing icons.
Step 3 Crop the video.
Under the cropping option, you can rotate the video as needed, crop the frame, and adjust the aspect ratio. Click on OK after you have finished cropping.
Step 4 Convert the file and transfer.
Now, in the primary interface, you’ll find the option of Output Format. Click on the drop-down beside that to get the list of output formats. Under the Device tab, click on Apple and select your required device. Now, either click on Start All or click on Convert beside each of the video thumbnails for individual conversion. You will get an option for High-Speed Conversion. You will find the videos under the Finished tab.
Now, move back to the Toolbox window, choose the Transfer option.
Click the button to add the converted files from the destination folder. Then, click either on Transfer or Transfer All. The videos will move to your iPhone. You can check their progress in the respective bars.
There are other alternatives to iMovie as well. One of them is Wondershare FilmoraGo. You can call it to be a sibling to Wondershare UniConverter. You’ll find several crisp video editing features here. Moreover, you can add various effects to make your work more professional. You can also add music files to your videos and add subtitles and more.
Download FilmoraGo here: https://filmora.wondershare.com/filmorago-video-editing-app/
So let’s see how this tool can help you in cropping your videos:
Step 1: Launch FilmoraGo.
Install FimoraGo on your iPhone and open it to start editing the videos.
Step 2: Upload video.
Click on NEW PROJECT and select the desired video under the Video tab, then click on IMPORT.
Step 3: Start cropping.
After the upload, a new editing window will open from where you can Trim, add Music, Text, Filter, and do many such things to get the aspired result.
Step 4: Export to save.
See the top-right corner of the window, and you will find an export icon [↑]. Click on that and select Continue Export. The video will get saved to your Camera Roll. From there, you can share the edited video on any social site, or can continue editing, or click on Done to get back to the main interface.
All in all, this tool is straightforward to use, as you can see above. Like the one before, this tool has quite a professional touch to it.
You can choose whichever tool you want to crop videos on your iPhone. All three of the above apps, as mentioned earlier, are well-suited to crop iPhone videos with/without iMovie. If you choose iMovie, you will have to take an indirect approach. However, with the UniConverter and FilmoraGo, you can do much more than you can imagine. Then again, if you have low space, you may want to use an app with a smaller file size on your phone. Sometimes all we need is the necessary apps. But there are times when we wish we had a one-in-all kind of a tool. Well, we have shown how you can use both these types of tools. In short, the choice of an iPhone iMovie crop video app ultimately depends on your necessities. So choose wisely and have fun with your memories!