- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Convert to Any Format+
- 1.1 Best Video Converter to MP4
- 1.2 Top 8 Free Video Converter to MP4
- 1.3 Top 9 3GP Video Converters
- 1.4 Online Video Converters to AVI
- 1.5 Top 5 MPEG Video Converters
- 1.6 FLV Video Converters
- 1.7 6 Free Video to JPG Converters
- 1.8 Top 10 Video to GIF Converters
- 1.9 Top 6 Video to Text Converters
- 2.0 Top 5 TP Converters in 2020
- 2.1 Top 5 Free WebM Video Converters
- 2.2 Top 5 HTC Video Converters
- 2.3 Best 5 MOD/TOD Converters
- 2.4 Best 7 WTV Converters
- 2.5 Top 10 2D to 3D Video Converters
- 2. Video to Audio Converters+
- 3. Video Converters for Device+
- 4. Other Video Converters Tips+
- 4.1 Top 10 Free Video Converters Windows
- 4.2 Top 11 Online YouTube Converters
- 4.3 Free YouTube Video Converters
- 4.4 Facebook Video Converters
- 4.5 Is Online Video Converter Safe
- 4.6 Video Format Converters
- 4.7 Top 5 Video Size Converters
- 4.8 Top 6 Video Resolution Converters
- 4.9 Batch Video Converters
- 4.10 Top 5 MXF Converters
- 4.11 DVR-MS Converter
- 4.12 Alternative to HandBrake
- 4.13 HandBrake Settings
- 4.14 Alternative to Movavi Windows
- 4.15 Best Alternative to Movavi
- 4.16 Alternative to Freemake
- 4.17 YouTube Playlist Downloader
- 4.18 Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 4.19 4K to 1080p Converter
- 4.21 Download Sound Effects
- 4.22 Edit Videos Easily
- 4.23 Video Editors for Beginners
- 4.24 Maximize Study Efficiency
- 4.25 Convert Online Videos for Phone
- 4.26 Top 10 Online Study Sites
- 4.29 Online WLMP Converter
- 4.30 6 Popular AMV Converters
- 4.31 Best Format Factory Alternative
- 4.32 Top 10 Free Quicktime Converter
- 4.33 How to Screen Capture in iMovie
- 4.34 How to Join Movies in iMovie
- 4.35 Easy WAy to Cut Video in iMovie
- 4.36 How to Crop Video in iMovie
- 4.37 Best Free Google MP3 Converters
- 4.38 Top 11 Google MP4 Converters
6 Best Methods to Join Movies in iMovie in 2020
macOS and iPhone users have a free and excellent movie-making app called iMovie. Therefore, if you have several short video clips that you intend to join together, iMovie will certainly come in handy. In fact, it can help you do that plus many other editing tasks like rotating, removing audio, etc.. But do you know how to join clips in iMovie? If you don’t know, fret not because this post will teach you several methods on how to join video clips in iMovie effortlessly.
- Part 1. How to Join Clips Together in iMovie
- Part 2. Easy Steps to Join Video Clips together in Windows Movie Maker
- Part 3. Feature-Rich Video Joiner App
- Part 4. 3 Common Solutions to Join Movies Online Free
The first solution here is to join several movie clips using iMovie itself. If you follow the right steps, you should be done within minutes. Just follow these steps:
Step 1: Assuming that you’ve already created your videos, launch iMovie, and then click File > Import > Movies. This will enable you to select and import your local movie clips to the timeline.
Step 2: Now join the videos by dragging and dropping them into the project window in the order you’d like them to appear. It’s even possible to select a small portion of your video to join.
Step 3: Finally, it’s time to start exporting the clips to your desktop as a single file. To achieve that, click the File then choose a saving destination from the options available. The most common thing to do is to select the File option and then set a format, quality, and resolution. It’s that simple!
For Windows 7 users, the Windows Movie Maker is the perfect solution to join movie clips hassle-free. Even Windows 10 and 8 users can download this app from Microsoft Store. That said, the Movie Maker can trim, cut, rotate, as well as join several movie clips. You can then publish them to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
Step 1: Firstly, download and install the Movie Maker app if you’re using either Windows 10 or 8. Click the Add videos and photos to import your movie clips. You can also directly drag-n-drop your videos to the Storyboard pane.
Step 2: The next step is to arrange your videos by dragging them into the proper position on the timeline. To make your joined clip look more professional, you can add a transition.
Step 3: To get an excellent combined video clip, preview it, and then hit the Save movie button located on the far-right side of the menu bar.
If you think that using the iMovie or the Movie Maker was easy, wait until you use the Wondershare UniConverter. It is a professional video editor that can join your movie clips easily and quickly. It can also trim, compress, add subtitles, and many other essential video editing functions. Moreover, you can convert videos to 1000+ popular formats like VOB, MP4, MKV, YouTube, etc. And unlike the other two options, it’s supported on both PC and macOS.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Joiner
- Convert various videos and audios to FLV, WMV, MOV, MP4, and other 1000+ formats on Windows/Mac.
- Convert movies files to optimized preset for almost all devices.
- Burn videos and audios to DVD with free menu templates and play on any devices.
- 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Below are the steps on how to join video clips in iMovie using the Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Add your movie clips.
Drag-and-drop your clips to the home window, and then you’ll see your video thumbnails. If you like, click the to browse through your computer or external storage and import files.
Step 2 Select your target format.
Click the drop-down icon/button beside the Output Format label and then choose the Editing > iMovie > Same as source.
Step 3 Start joining the videos.
To enable the merging feature, turn on the Merge All Video toggle. Finally, hit the Start All button to begin combining your video clips into one. After the process, visit your folder path to get the merged videos. That’s it!
I, for one, like freebies, and I'm pretty sure you do too, especially when it's a free video editor. With that in mind, there are lots of web-based apps that can help you merge videos easily. Here's some of them:
Clideo is a free and open-source web-based platform that offers a wide range of video editing tools. With this secure website, you don't need to download any plugin or app into your system. That aside, Clideo can merge, rotate, increase/decrease video speed, remove audio from videos, etc. Even better, Clideo supports several file formats, including MP4, 3GP, MKV, MOV, etc. And yes, this website is self-explanatory, making it comfortable for all skill levels.
- Supports several video formats.
- Offers lots of editing tools.
- Max upload size is 500MB.
- Sluggish upload process.
AConvert is another attractive website that offers free video merging services. It's also straightforward to use. Apart from file merging services, AConvert can also rotate, cut, pad, crop, and of course, convert files effortlessly. Here, you can import local, online, Dropbox, or Google Drive files to merge. On the downside, AConvert offers a max. of 1GB upload size on its ad-laden interface. But all-in-all, this's one of the most effective video editors you can find online.
- Offers plenty of video editing functions.
- Very easy to use.
- It has a limited upload size of 1GB.
- Pesky ads on the interface.
Onlineconverter is another file merger that can join video clips of different formats such as AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, VOB, etc. These files can be merged one at a time in the order that you've imported them. Besides being a video merger, Onlineconverter is also a video converter, resizer, compressor, cutter, rotator, and many more. You can even use it to repair corrupted MOV, MP4, 3GP, and M4V files. Sadly, it's filled with lots of silly ads and has an upload limit of 200MB.
- Several video editing tools.
- Supports multiple formats.
- Ad-laden interface.
- It has a limited upload size.
Now the ball is squarely in your coat on which app to use when joining movie clips together. But if you have large movie files of different formats, I suggest the Wondershare UniConverter as the best option. It's not only easy-to-use but offers plenty of there exciting features as well.