- 1. Convert to DVD+
- 2. Tips for Playing DVD+
- 3. Convert DVD to Video+
- 3.1 Convert DVD to MP4
- 3.2 Convert DVD to MP4 Free
- 3.3 Convert DVD to MP4 VLC
- 3.4 Convert DVD to AVI Free
- 3.5 Convert DVD to DivX/Xvid
- 3.6 Convert DVD to MP3 Free
- 3.7 DVD to iPad
- 3.8 Convert DVD to Digital Files
- 3.9 Convert DVD to AVI with Handbrake
- 3.10 Convert DVD to MPEG
- 3.11 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.12 Download DVD to Computer
- 3.13 Convert DVR to MPEG
- 3.14 Convert DVD to Facebook
- 3.15 Convert DVD to Vimeo
- 4. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
- 4.1 Import DVD to iTunes
- 4.2 Edit VOB or DVD Files
- 4.3 Cast DVD to Chromecast
- 4.4 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.5 Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MOV
- 4.6 Windows DVD Maker Not Burn AVI
- 4.7 Fix Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MKV Issue
- 4.8 Alternatives to Nero DVD Burner
- 4.9 Top 5 Audio DVD Burners
- 4.10 Online DVD Burners
- 4.11 VHS to DVD
- 4.12 Solve DVD Won't Play
- 4.13 Should I Keep Buying DVDs
- 4.14 Best Movie Gift
- 4.15 DVD Movie Themes
How to Download DVD to Computer on Windows/Mac
Storing physical DVDs not only creates space issues but also a risk of scratching and damaging them. Moreover, playing these disc videos on your portable players may be a problem. In all such situations, the best solution is to download the DVD to the computer. The downloaded disc on your system can be accessed quickly, and the risk of physical damage also eliminates. Next, coming to the question of how to download DVD to computer and playback easily on any device? For this, we are here to provide you with the best and free ways to download DVDs to Mac/PC easily.
Watch Videos to Learn How to Convert DVD to Computer
- Part 1. Best Way to Download DVD to Mac/Windows and Playback without Trouble
- Part 2. How to Download DVD to Mac for Free
- Part 3. How to FREE DOWNLOAD DVD to Computer Windows 10 Using VLC
Part 1. Best Way to Download DVD to Mac/Windows and Playback without Trouble
There are many tools available to download DVD to Mac and Windows system. To get the task done in high-quality and a hassle-free way, a professional tool like Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is recommended. This versatile video-toolbox facilitates downloading your DVD/Blu-ray disc to your computer in various popular video formats. The files on your DVDs are downloaded and converted to any format with advanced features and no quality loss. Your disc data can also be edited using features like trimming, cropping, adding special effects, and others for complete customization. Wondershare UniConverter allows adding the DVD content to the software interface directly for the process. There is an option to add the main file or all the files for the procedure. Windows and Mac version of the program is available for download.
Note: Wondershare UniConverter reminds you that you should download non-protected DVDs for personal use. Otherwise, you may be in legal risk.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best DVD Converter for Windows/Mac (Catalina Included)
- Download DVDs/Blu-ray discs to Mac/Windows and playback easily.
- Convert DVDs to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, and other 1000+ formats.
- Download DVD videos with 30X faster speed and no quality loss.
- Edit videos with trimming, cropping, adding watermarks, applying effects, adding watermarks, and more.
- Burn and customize DVD with free menu templates in different themes.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Support transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad, and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on How to Download DVD to Mac using Wondershare UniConverter:
Firstly, you should download and quickly install Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac, then launch it and insert the DVD that you want to download into your computer's disc drive. Next, follow the simple steps below to download DVD to Mac. If you're a Windows user, you can also follow similar steps on your Windows 10/8/7.
Step 1 Launch the Wondershare DVD downloader and load DVD files.
Run Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac, and from the main interface, select the Video Converter section. At the Converting tab, open the drop-down menu beside the +Load DVD option and then select the DVD drive disc where your disc is inserted. A new pop-up menu will appear showing options to choose from Main Movie or All Movie. Choose as desired and click on the Load button.
Step 2 Edit DVD videos (Optional).
The files will be added to the software and can be seen on the interface. Under the thumbnail image, the icons for editing appear. Choose the desired icon to open the settings window to make desired changes. This step is optional and can be skipped if video editing is not required.
Step 3 Choose the target format.
Next, you need to select the video format to which you want your disc files to be downloaded and converted. Open the drop-down menu at the Output Format option on the bottom of the interface. Select the desired format from the Video tab. Keep resolution as the source file or select from the available preset options.
Step 4 Download DVD videos to computer.
At the Output tab, select the Mac location where you want your downloaded file to be saved. Finally, click on the Convert button to start downloading your DVD video to your system in the desired format. You can find the downloaded and converted video from the Finished tab soon.
Part 2. How to Download DVD to Mac for Free
If you are searching for a free solution to download your DVD on your Mac system for free, then using Mac OS X is one of the decent options. This method works only for copying the unprotected disc and does not support the DVD that has any type of encoded copy protection.
Steps on how to download a DVD to Mac using Mac OS X
Step 1: Into your Mac system, insert the DVD that you want to copy. The inserted disc can be seen mounted on the desktop of the system.
Step 2: Select Applications > Utilities to open the Disk Utility. On the left side, select the disc from the given list. There are two icons for the DVD- one for the drive and the other for the disc itself. Choose the one that is indented as it is for the disc itself.
Step 3: Next, select the New Image option from the main window of Disk Utility.
Step 4: From the Save As window, select the file's name and the destination on your system where you want to save the disc copy. Ensure that the destination has enough space for copying all your disc content.
Step 5: Under Save As window, select DVD/CD Master as the option at Image Format. The Encryption option is to be selected at none. Click on the Save button to confirm the settings.
Step 6: Once the disc is copied to your system at the desired destination, move back to the Disk Utility. The image of the new disc can be seen on the Disk Utility window on the left side. Remove the original DVD from your system.
Step 7: Next, insert a new blank and writable disc into your Mac. From the Disk Utility window, choose the image of the new disc. Hit on the Burn button and also select the burn speed. There is also an option to choose if you want to Verify Burned Data.
Step 8: After the DVD is burned successfully, the system will show a confirmation message, and you have a new copy of your DVD in hand. For further creating copies of the same disc, the Disk Image can be saved.
Shortcomings of the method:
● Complicated process and not apt for users looking for simple solutions.
● It does not support selecting the desired format of the video file.
● No option for editing and customizing the files before burning.
● There are limited additional features associated with the burning process.
Part 3. How to FREE DOWNLOAD DVD to Computer Windows 10 Using VLC
Are you looking for a free option on downloading a DVD to your computer running on Windows? VLC is the right choice. One of the widely used media players, VLC, can perform an array of other functions, including DVD downloading on your system. Generally, a VLC media player is installed on your Windows, and this eliminated the need to install any other software for the task.
Steps on how to download movies from DVD to computer using VLC Media Player:
Step 1: Insert the DVD that you want to copy into the DVD drive of your Windows system.
Step 2: Launch the VLC Media Player app on your PC, and from the Media tab on the main interface, select the Convert/Save option.
Step 3: A new pop-up Open Media window appears from where select the Disc tab. Under Disc Selection, choose the DVD option and ensure that the Disc device field shows the DVD driver where your disc is inserted.
Step 4: The Starting Position section can be used to rip only a particular title or chapter. Similarly, if you need to rip any specific audio or subtitle track, choose it from the Audio and Subtitles section.
Step 5: Select the No disc menus as the player may try to convert the looping video menu and get tripped. Finally, click on the Start button to start transferring DVD to computer free on Windows 10.
Shortcomings of the method:
● It does not offer control over the selection of the desired format.
● It does not provide an option to choose the ripped disc's quality to save storage or for other purposes.
● There are limited options for file editing.
● The process of ripping DVDs is slow and might not be successful sometimes as well.
If you need to know how to compress DVD, you can move to Best DVD Compression Software. It's so simple, and then you can finish the process with easy steps.
Take the drawbacks of the free solutions above into consideration, Wondershare UniConverter is the best option to download DVD movies to the computer. By using the software, your discs can be downloaded to your system easily and quickly with plenty of options to choose from, like file format, quality, and others. Just FREE DOWNLOAD and install the Wondershare program to enjoy your disc in high-quality devices and any format.