- 1. FLV Video Tool+
- 1.1 FLV Splitter
- 1.2 FLV Player
- 1.3 Free FLV Player
- 1.4 Free FLV Player for Mac
- 1.5 Online FLV Converter
- 1.6 FLV Converter for Win10
- 1.7 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.8 Free FLV to WAV Converter
- 1.9 Free FLV to 3GP Converter
- 1.10 FLV to WMV Converter
- 1.11 FLV to WebM Converter
- 1.12 FLV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.13 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 1.14 AVI to FLV Converter
- 1.15 WMV to FLV Converter
- 2. Convert FLV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert FLV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert FLV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert FLV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert FLV to MOV
- 2.5 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 2.6 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MKV
- 2.8 Convert FLV to M4V
- 2.9 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.10 Convert FLV to 3GP
- 2.11 Convert FLV to DivX
- 2.12 Convert FLV to VOB
- 2.13 Convert FLV to SWF
- 2.14 Convert FLV to DV
- 2.15 Convert FLV to iPad
- 2.16 Convert FLV to iTunes
- 3. Convert Other Format to FLV+
- 4. Play & Edit FLV Tips+
- 4.1 Play FLV in VLC
- 4.2 Play FLV on TV
- 4.3 Stream FLV to TV with Google Chromecast
- 4.4 Play FLV on Xbox One
- 4.5 Play FLV in PS4/PS3
- 4.6 Play FLV in Windows Media Player
- 4.7 Play FLV in Galaxy s6
- 4.8 Compress FLV Videos
- 4.9 Edit FLV in Windows Movie maker
- 4.10 Edit FLV in Adobe Premiere
- 4.11 Edit FLV in Final Cut Pro
- 4.12 Edit FLV in Sony Vegas Pro
- 4.13 Edit FLV in Sony Movie Studio
- 4.14 Edti FLV in iMovie for Editing
- 4.15 Upload FLV to YouTube
- 4.16 Insert FLV to Powerpoint
If you often hang on some video sharing websites like YouTube, you probably get a number of downloaded FLV videos. To play them in Windows or Mac, you can use VLC or Adobe Player to enjoy them smoothly. However, if you want to import these FLVs to Adobe Premiere Pro or iMovie for editing, you need to convert the FLV videos to its supported format first, generally MOV, FLV or DV format.
For editing purpose, DV format is the best choice with no doubt as it adopts intraframe compression-each compressed frame depends entirely on itself rather than data from preceding or following frames. Thus it can be easily edited and keep the best quality. Here you'll find the easiest solution of the FLV to DV conversion: it's to work with the help of a professional yet easy-to-use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Here's how to do it.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Fetch metadata for your iTunes movies automatically.
Note: This program is cross-platform that supports Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6. They share the same feature and below guide takes Windows screenshots.
How to Convert FLV to DV on Windows 10
Step 1 Import FLV files to Wondershare FLV to DV Converter
You can directly drag your video from your file folders to the program window or click the button to add the FLV files you want to convert. Wondershare Video Converter supportes batch conversion, namely, you can add more than one file to save your time and ease the conversion to a large extent.
Step 2 Set Output Format as DV
Click the icon beside Convert all files to: and then select Video > DV > your target video resolution in the right.
Note: Wondershare FLV to DV converter gives you full manipulation to make appropriate setting for both video and audio, including bit rate, encoder, frame rate, resolution, etc. You can click the gear Settings option besides each video task bar to access the setting window, or click the + Create Custom in the bottom.
Step 3 Start to Convert FLV to DV
After all settings done, hit Convert button to kick off the conversion. When all tasks finished, you can switch to the Converted tab to get the converted video file.
Tips: Wondershare FLV to DV converter also provides editing function. If you want to customize your video, click the Edit button before conversion, then edit your video by trimming, cropping, changing video effect, adding watermark, etc. You can learn more info from How to Edit Video.
Knowledge Sharing (Optional)
Flash Video (FLV) is the name of a file format used to deliver video over the Internet using Adobe Flash Player. The most recent public release of Flash Player supports H.264 video and HE-AAC audio. It's commonly used by websites including YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo! Video, Reuters.com, metacafe, and many other news providers. Flash Video is viewable on most operating systems, via the widely available Adobe Flash Player and web browser plug-in, or one of several third-party programs.
DV, the abbreviation of Digital Video, means the digital camera, refers to the video data recorded by the digital information. It was launched in 1995 with joint efforts of leading producers of video camera recorderslike Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Sharp, Toshiba and Canon and a number of well-known home appliances giant. DV is an intraframe video compression scheme, which uses the discrete cosine transform (DCT) to compress video on a frame-by-frame basis. Audio is stored uncompressed. Due to its compression advantage for editing, many Mac and Windows users prefer to edit the home videos based on DV video format.