TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
Is a new episode of your favorite show scheduled today, and you want to use Samsung’s smart TV USB recording feature? If yes, setting up the hardware and starting off with the process is pretty simple and straightforward.
Here you will learn how to make your Samsung smart TV record via USB in a few simple steps, and what additional devices would you need to get this done. Apart from this method, you will also learn about an alternative, rather cheaper, and more efficient way to record TV shows with minimal efforts and the least resources.
Although depending on the model of your Samsung smart TV and the remote control that was shipped along with it, the options, the buttons, their names, and even their positions are different, the idea and the basic principle always remain identical in every scenario, even if you want to use LG smart TV USB recording or any other television for that matter.
Coming back to Samsung smart TV, below is a list of hardware you would need to get started:
● Samsung smart TV with remote control
● Cable connection, set-Top box, or any other source of channel reception
● 8GB to 64GB USB drive (The larger the better)
● 250GB or above external HDD with USB cable (2.5” recommended due to being less power intensive)
Once you have everything in place and within your reach, you can go ahead and connect your USB drive or the hard disk to the USB port of your Samsung smart TV.
Scan and tune in to the channel you want to record.
Press the Record (Rec) button on your Samsung TV’s remote control. When the television prompts about scanning the connected USB drive for performance, select the Proceed button to continue. Depending on the model of your TV, the chances are that the process will take around 30 seconds to 45 seconds to complete, and the recording will start automatically if the USB storage is found supported and error-free.
● You don’t need any additional software installed on your TV, and merely using a USB drive would serve the purpose.
● No complex configuration is needed. All you need to do is to connect the USB storage to the TV, and you are all set.
● You don’t have to be technically sound to follow this method as everything can be done right from the remote control you are already familiar with.
● Some smart TVs won’t let you choose the quality of the videos you download.
While using a USB stick, you may run out of storage space pretty fast due to the size of the videos your TV records
● Some TV models can not recognize the USB drive you have, and the only options you are left with are to either buy a new USB drive or use an external USB-enabled hard drive.
● While using a 3.5” external hard drive, you may need an additional source of power to make the HDD function properly.
● Sometime an external 2.5” hard drive may need additional power as well, and you might end up looking for a second USB port on your TV.
Considering the downsides of the above scenario and understanding the fact that almost everyone has a PC at present, the best alternative to recording TV shows would be to use a computer instead of connecting a storage device directly to the television itself. Although this approach may not be as straightforward as the previous one, the level of versatility it offers and the control you get over the recording process and the recorded files is absolutely remarkable.
To make the procedure even more efficient and to extract the best out of it, you are highly encouraged to use one of the best screen recording applications called Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) that can not only capture the screen but also it has several other features like video editor, video compressor, disc burner, VR creator, etc. that make the software a complete production and post-production suite for almost every amateur and professional.
Getting further, the ingredients you need to record TV with this method instead of Samsung smart TV USB recording are:
● Desktop or laptop
● Internal or external TV tuner card connected to the computer
● Cable connection, channel(s) subscription, or set-top box
● Compatible driver
● Wondershare UniConverter installed on your computer
Wondershare UniConverter- Multifunctional Video Converter
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance, personalize your videos by trimming, cropping, adding subtitles, and more.
- Burn video to playable DVD or Blu-ray disc with an attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, casting video to TV, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Once all the required elements are in place, and after ensuring that the TV tuner card has been successfully configured and scanned for all the channels, you can follow the steps given below to record TV shows on your computer using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Open Wondershare Screen Recorder
Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your PC, go to the Screen Recorder section to open the panel.
Step 2. Set Up Recording Preferences
Click the Gear (Settings) icon from the bottom-right corner of the collapsed panel, select Full Screen from the Capture Area drop-down list, select an audio source from the System Audio drop-down list, and make sure that the Microphone is in Disabled mode.
Step 3. Set Up General Preferences and Record
Use the Save to, Frame rate, and Quality fields and drop-down lists to select destination location, framerate (60fps here), and capture quality (High here) of the recorded video(s) respectively. Optionally use the checkboxes in the Record Timer section to configure or schedule the recording as needed. Once everything is set up correctly, click the REC button from the top-right corner to begin recording the TV shows/movies using the configured preferences.
Even though the process of smart TV USB recording is simple and requires only a USB drive or an external hard disk, it doesn’t let you take full control over the capturing preferences and the videos. On the other hand, using a computer along with a robust application like Wondershare UniConverter offers plenty of options to configure the preferences and plethora of tools to manipulate the clips that it records.