TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
In the last two decades, the entertainment world has witnessed an immense transformation. Several excellent technologies, like online streaming, have been introduced to humankind. However, there are a few things that we miss about the past for sure, for instance, VCR and live TV recording.
Unfortunately, VCRs and TV shows recording have become a thing of the past. Today, online streaming has made it extremely difficult to save your favorite TV shows offline. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t record a TV show/movie on your local storage.
Today, you have the power to record TV shows online using different tools. In today’s guide, we’re going to introduce you to the best method to save a copy of your favorite episodes offline and watch them anytime you want.
So, without any further ad, let’s start the guide.
- Part 1. The Best Method to Record Online TV Shows
- Part 2. Record TV Shows Online with FreeCam
- Part 3. Record TV Shows Online with ShareX
- Part 4. Record TV Shows Online with CamStudio
- Part 5. Record TV Shows Online with TinyTake
One of the most convenient ways to record TV shows online is to use a screen recorder tool. Of course, you’ll need access to an online streaming app to do the job. Once you have logged into the streaming application, you can simply play a particular episode and start the screen recording software.
While there are several screen recording tools available in the market, the majority of them have a complicated interface. This is why we recommend using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) as the online video TV recorder for your TV shows.
It is a video converting tool that comes with a user-friendly interface and a wide variety of features, including screen recording. You can use Wondershare UniCoverter to record videos from any online streaming app. All you have to do is follow a couple of easy steps.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Built-in screen recorder that can come in handy if you want to create educational tutorials or record TV shows.
- It offers video conversion to multiple formats at a very high speed.
- The software is user-friendly and features an intuitive user interface.
- You can customize a video in your way by removing unwanted parts through trimming, crop it to the desired size, merging, and so on.
- Use it as a DVD burner and rewrite the files according to your needs.
- Convert an image, create GIFs, convert any video to the VR format, all necessary feature is available.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Let’s guide you through the step-by-step process of recording TV shows using Wondershare Uniconverter.
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Uniconverter.
First of all, launch Uniconverter on your desktop and tap the Screen Recorder option in the top-right corner. Then, click the down arrow beside , you have the option to choose Screen Recorder, Webcam Recorder, and Audio Recorder.
Step 2 Set recording settings.
The next step is to set the recording preferences such as Capture Area and System Audio. Use the on-screen recording window to set these recording preferences.
Select the recording area
To select the recording area, you can follow one of the following three approaches.
● Drag the Cross icon in the middle to choose the specific frame.
● Pinch the screen corners to manipulate the height/width of the frame.
● Enter a specific height and width to choose a custom frame.
Apart from this, you can also use the drop-down icon to choose between custom and full-screen mode. If you want to capture the entire screen, simply tap Full Screen in the drop-down menu.
Access advanced recording options
You can also choose advanced-recording options by tapping the drop-down icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen recorder window. Here you can set destination for the recorded video, frame rate, and a record timer.
Step 3 Start recording.
Once you’ve set the desired settings, simply tap the REC button to initiate recording, and once the recording starts, simply sign-in into the online streaming app and play the episode that you want to record.
Step 4 Stop recording.
After the TV show ends, either tap the ESC button on your keyboard or click the Stop icon in the recording taskbar to stop the recording. That’s it; the recorded video will be saved in the chosen destination file.
Alternatively, you can use several other tools to record TV shows on your PC. Here, we’ve put together a list of similar screen recording tools that’ll help you capture your favorite TV shows and movies on your desktop.
FreeCam is a free, yet one of the feature-rich screen recording tools you can use for TV record online. The tool has an easy-to-use interface and built-in editing options to edit the recorded audio/video.
You can also use the tool to upload the recorded videos to YouTube directly. Although publishing TV shows on YouTube is not advised as it can generate copyright issues. Finally, you can use FreeCam to record voice-overs for your videos and edit any unwanted noise in the post-production.
● It runs without ads.
● No watermark is added to recorded videos.
● It allows users to upload videos on YouTube directly.
● Advanced settings to edit the recorded videos.
● It only saves the recording in WMV format.
ShareX is yet another screen recording tool you can use to record TV shows and movies. While its interface may seem too complicated for beginners, it’ll become extremely easy to use the software once you get used to it.
An extensive range of recording settings will let you professionally record your favorite TV shows. And, in case you find any unwanted clips/sounds, the advanced editor will allow you to filter out every unwanted element from the recorded video.
● It has plenty of Editing options to edit recorded videos.
● The tool lets users import existing images and videos to compile a customized video.
● Add Special Color Effects to your Videos.
● It has a complicated user-interface.
Despite being a simple screen recording tool, CamStudio can prove to be extremely beneficial for occasional users. If you are looking for a compact tool to record TV shows, CamStudio is the perfect option.
Despite being lightweight software, CamStudio has everything you’ll need to record your favorite TV shows on your computer. The cherry-on-top is that CamStudio records videos in AVI format, which is supported by the majority of the media players.
● Lightweight and perfect for beginners
● Select the quality of the recorded videos.
● It lets you create a screen-in-screen video.
● The limited set of features.
TinyTake is like any other screen recording tool that’ll allow you to record TV shows and movies online. However, what separates it from the other tools in the list is its cloud-based gallery.
Users will get access to a cloud-based gallery where they can store all the capture videos and recordings. This will help you organize all the recordings without making a clutter on your computer. You can also use TinyTake to share your recordings with others online.
● Cloud Storage to store recordings
● Share Recordings using a public URL
● Create your own customized shortcut keys
● It doesn’t have advanced editing features.
● The free version has limited functionalities.
We hope that the above guide helped you understand how to record TV shows online. So, use tools like Wondershare UniConverter and always keep an offline copy of your favorite TV shows so that you can enjoy watching them anytime you want. Don’t forget to share your views on this article with us. Also, if your friends and near ones need the same, let them read this post. Thank you for your time reading this!