TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
Although DVD recorder for TV shows or movie capturing was in trend a couple of years before, the approach is now obsolete and is gradually fading away by the time. However, assuming that the DVD recorders got extinct would be a bit harsh judgment on both venders and devices as some regions of the globe still have consumers who own these recorders or reach out to buy them if they don’t. Their approach depends on their interests or line of business.
If you are among those people, the following sections would be of great help to you. As they discuss about the challenges you may face when you record TV to DVD, like what caused the deflation in the market of the DVD recorders, how to record TV shows to DVD and the best alternative you can go for in the absence of a DVD recording device.
- Part 1. What Is the Development Status to DVD Recorders
- Part 2. Easy Steps to Record TV Programs on DVD
- Part 3. How to Record TV Shows with the Alternative to DVD Recorder
As discussed above, DVD recorders are now almost outdated, and the new technologies, devices, and services have taken all over the formers’ market. Some of the major reasons for the deterioration in the demand and use of DVD recorders include:
Although there are different types of recordable DVDs present in the market, they still have limited storage capacity. Also, once the media on a DVD is burned and the disc is finalized, no data can be added, edited, or removed from it whatsoever.
Most people now prefer using DVRs with USB drives or HDDs to record TV shows. These devices can be connected directly to the televisions and can store a significantly large amount of data on them. Furthermore, the stored data can be offloaded on to a different drive to make room for more recordings.
Streaming Services and Copyright Content
Many people even started avoiding DVRs or USB storage disks these days because of the new trend of streaming video services that offer movies and shows on demand. Also, the copyright laws are now stricter, and therefore it is now comparatively more challenging to record the shows, even for personal collection.
Assuming that you have a DVD recorder, its remote control, and a TV with a remote control and OTA signal, and considering that the TV and DVD recorder are properly connected to each other, you can follow the steps given below to record TV to DVD:
Step 1: DVD Setup
Use the DVD remote control to select the Input Select option and then select AV 1 or AV 2 depending on the jacks of the DVD recorder you connected the cables to.
Step 2: TV Setup
Scan and tune in to the channel you want to record, use the TV remote control to choose the source input with the help of TV/Video, Input, Game, etc. button. Note: Although the model of your TV and the name of the button may vary, but the function remains the same. If you are new to the field, you may need to refer to the television owner’s manual guide for further details.
Step 3: Record and Finalize
Insert a blank DVD in the recorder, when prompted, initialize the disc to prepare it for recording, and then press the Rec. (or Record) button on the remote control of the DVD recorder to record TV shows to DVD. Once you are done recording, press the Menu button on the DVD recorder’s remote control. Then go to Disc Settings (or Disc Menu in some models), select Disc Finalize, and select OK on the confirmation box that appears to finalize the disc that can be played on any other DVD player. Note: An unfinalized DVD can be performed only on the recorder. However, once completed, no data can be written or edited on the DVD, but it can be played on any other player.
Considering the complexities and the expenses you need to bear to use DVD recorders, it would be good to exploit the advanced technologies and use an efficient computer application to do the job for you. One such program that is both efficient and is available for Windows and Mac platforms is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
Along with the built-in video editor, compressor, and converter, Wondershare UniConverter is also equipped with a built-in screen recorder. It can help you capture TV shows and movies as long as your laptop or desktop PC has a TV tuner card and proper subscription to receive OTA programs.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Built-in screen recorder that can come in handy if you want to create educational tutorials or record TV shows.
- It offers video conversion to multiple formats at a very high speed.
- The software is user-friendly and features an intuitive user interface.
- You can customize a video in your way by removing unwanted parts through trimming, crop it to the desired size, merging, and so on.
- Use it as a DVD burner and rewrite the files according to your needs.
- Convert an image, create GIFs, convert any video to the VR format, all necessary feature is available.
- Overall, it delivers impressive performance when you are working on it.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Recording TV shows and movies with Wondershare UniConverter is a simple process, and the step-by-step instructions to do so are given below:
Step 1 Launch Screen Recorder
Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac/Windows PC, go to the Toolbox tile from the top of the main interface, and click Screen Recorder to start Wondershare Screen Recorder.
Step 2 Prepare for TV Recording
From the Capture Area drop-down list, select Full Screen, choose an internal sound device (sound card) from the System Audio list and leave the Microphone in disabled mode. Next, expand the Wondershare Screen Recorder panel by clicking the Settings icon from the bottom-right corner, and proceed to the next step.
Step 3 Fine-Tune Recording Options and Record
Use the available options and drop-down lists in the General section to select your preferred destination folder, framerate, and recording quality. As an option, use the Record Timer boxes to schedule the recording time or set the record duration and click REC from the top-right area to begin recording. Once you are done, press the Ctrl + F6 keys to stop capturing.
Even though you can use a DVD recorder for TV capturing, the devices are almost obsolete. Also, if you find one, the cost of the entire setup is way higher as compared with the other alternatives that are available in the market today. One such substitute that is considered the easiest one and is admired by the majority of users across the globe is Wondershare UniConverter. It is not only a screen recorder but is also a full-fledged post-production tool that can be used for basic to advanced level media editing and manipulations for all purposes.