TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
Traditionally it would help if you had a TV video recorder to capture anything that appears on your television screen. Such recorders can be connected directly to your TV, or can sometimes use a computer as an intermediary device for the purpose. In either case, most of the time, the hardware recorders have their storage integrated into them (or a USB port to connect one) that can record the TV shows anywhere from 30 hours to 200 hours depending on the model you selected.
However, the fact is those traditional methods are almost obsolete now. Therefore, here you will learn about one of the common methods that people usually use to record TV videos on a computer. In addition to this, you will also learn about another, rather the most efficient way to get the task done in the easiest possible manner.
- Part 1. What Is the Common Method to Record Videos from TV to Computer
- Part 2. What Is the Efficient Method to Record TV Videos on Windows/Mac
Back in the 80s and 90s, merely owning a Video Cassette Recorder (VCR) was sufficient to record your favorite TV shows and movies during their telecasting session. However, things got way simpler and cheaper when the computers stepped in. With PCs working as intermediary devices, the recorded videos can be easily modified, corrected, trimmed out, and manipulated to best fit your needs.
The most common method for live TV video recording on a computer requires a couple of things that include:
● Telecasting Signals
● Internal or External TV Tuner Card
● Laptop or Desktop PC
● Internal Hard Drive or SSD
● Windows Media Center
Once you have all the required devices and programs, the steps given below explain how to set up everything to record TV shows on a computer:
Note: Internal TV tuner cards can be installed only on desktop computers with PCI slots.
Recording copyrighted content is illegal. You might be violating certain laws of your country, and the distribution policies defined by the original creator of the telecasted content if you do so.
Step 1: Installations and preparations.
Install Windows Media Center on your PC if not already present (in case of Windows 10), connect the TV tuner card to the PCI slot or the USB port of your computer, and connect the signal cable to the TV tuner card.
Note: At the time of this writing, Windows Media Center is no longer officially supported by Windows 10. Although the installation file(s) of the program can be found in some shared personal directories of some users online, Microsoft offers no technical support if you stumble upon any issue with the application.
Step 2: Live TV setup.
Launch Windows Media Center, navigate to Live TV Setup, and follow the on-screen instructions to set up Windows Media Center for live TV using the TV tuner card.
Step 3: Search and record.
Navigate and launch Search on Windows Media Center. Search for your favorite TV show or movie by title, keyword, actor, director, or category and click record series or record to use Windows Media Center as a TV video recorder to record the entire TV series or only the selected episode, respectively.
Since Windows Media Center was a built-in program in Windows 7 and, as mentioned above, is no longer officially available for Windows 10. In its absence, you can use any other alternative like Kodi or something similar. Although these applications serve the purpose, they are a bit complicated and may have a hard time while setting up.
Considering all the hassles, complexities, and challenges explained in Part 1, the most efficient method for live TV video recording is with a robust and feature-equipped program called Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
Developed for both Mac and Windows platforms, Wondershare UniConverter is not merely TV video recording software. Still, it is a universal converter with a plethora of functions integrated with it to make the application the best tool for video editing and other post-production tasks, including adding subtitles, putting watermarks, applying effects, compressing videos, etc.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- The excellent user interface assists you in reaching out to necessary controls easily.
- Make the videos realistic using the edit options like trim, crop, filter effects, subtitle, etc.
- Transfer the media files to your desired external storage with the help of this channel.
- Compatible with more than 1000 file formats and the file conversion speed overruns your expectations.
- An innovative toolbox is comprising of important controls like video compressor, screen recorder, image converter, VR converter, GIF maker, etc.
About the requirements, you need everything mentioned in Part 1 along with Wondershare UniConverter, and excluding the bothersome Windows Media Center.
You can use Wondershare UniConverter as a video recorder for TV shows and movies can be recorded with by following the steps given below:
Note: Before you begin, use the vendor’s app to start streaming the channel you want to record.
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Screen Recorder.
Open Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac or Windows PC that already has a TV tuner card connected and set up with the channels, go to the Screen Recorder tile from the top, and click to launch.
Step 2 Prepare for recording.
Expand Screen Recorder by clicking the Settings icon present at the bottom-right corner. Select Full Screen from the list in the Capture Area section, likewise, choose an audio source from the System Audio section, and make sure that the Microphone is disabled so it wouldn’t capture any external sounds during screen recording.
Step 3 Configuring Fine-Tuning options.
Choose a destination folder, and your preferred framerate and video quality in the Save to field and Frame rate and Quality drop-down list present under the General section, respectively.
As optional configurations, use the Record Timer checkboxes to set the recording duration or schedule recording as needed manually.
Finally, hit the REC button to schedule or begin the live TV video recording process.
Note: You can stop the recording anytime by pressing the Ctrl + F6 keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
Although the most commonly used method to record TV movies or shows requires you to have Windows Media Center, one of the biggest drawbacks of using the software is that it isn’t available for Mac computers. The users with those PC had to rely on any other third-party program to record TV videos. Thankfully, Wondershare UniConverter is available for both Windows and Mac. So you always feel at home regardless of the type of computer you are accessing the software on.