TV Recording Tips
- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2021
In a busy schedule, when all the people are busy in their own lives, it is difficult to sit back at home and watch Television shows. Having the OTA streaming device or an OTA Antenna that will help you record your favorite television shows can be bliss at such times. Thus, the OTA box is the best stopover to your free TV experience services akin to the cable. In this article, we’ll talk about how to follow simple steps to record TV shows on OTA streaming devices. So, let us explore it.
- Part 1. What Is An OTA Streaming Box
- Part 2. How to Record TV Shows on OTA DVR with the General Method
- Part 3. Record TV Shows for OTA Streaming Box on Windows and Mac
The most talked-about OTA streaming box is a DVR over the air TV, where you can record your favorite TV shows. It offers a cable-like experience. The best part is you can have multiple channels and its programming recoded. You can tap Pause on a TV show midway and watch the other.
Moreover, you can access the OTA streaming box anytime and enjoy the bundle of exclusive shows at your ease. The unique features of the OTA box rival the TV cable setup.
The users are using advanced methods to stream in the OTA + streaming in one device. It is undoubtedly possible and a better option among all, as you do not have to switch the remote controller. Like Netflix have Cox in it, which enables the option of switching between the Cox and the local channels using only one remote. There are a few more similar ways to OTA + streaming in one remote.
Tablo Dual Lite + Roku
Often it is easy to connect to the antenna of Tablo with the wireless WIFI, and you can use the Tablo Dual Lite to stream and record the OTA live channels. It can only be done by using a USB hard drive. It works with no disturbance.
Roku Ultra helps to turn up the volume of the TV, using one remote to access cable and OTA streaming at the same time. The interesting part is you can switch to the option of the multiple Roku devices to access other Roku home devices.
TiVo Bolt OTA
The best performing app TiVo Bolt OTA is one of the finest to OTA streaming in one. Whereas, another app Roamio OTA is cheaper and lowers the performing as compared with the TiVo Bolt OTA.
Channel Master Stream+ an Android TV box
For the Android TV devices, you can simply opt for free OTA TV streaming, Channel Master Stream+ an Android TV box. It can be minimally integrated with the tuner of the TV to OTA streaming. The only problem is this doesn’t support Netflix and Amazon Prime.
AppleTV + HDHomerun + Channels app, FireTV
You can use AppleTV + HDHomerun + Channels app and even FireTV cube for loading any app. You need to tap to the option of Live TV and insert the OTA to watch all the streaming live using the same box. You just need to have your own OTA network, and you can directly plug in to the Television to enjoy endlessly.
Enjoying the OTA streaming service without a cord is also saving your cost, where you do not have to invest in buying cable. The streaming boxes have free signals and pipes to control the device and the shows at your home space with no hassle.
By plug-in the antenna into your box, you can hook up your network > install the application > watch OTA in your devices or Apple TV, or Fire TV, or Android TV or iPad. There are a few popular OTA boxes among which the top 3 are listed below:
It is easy to set up by simply following some app downloads, a few clicks, and scanning the channels. Once the interface is set up, you just need to use it by changing the channels in the first place. HDHomerun has four tuned options to choose from and watch the four feeds at the same time.
The DVR of HDHomerun is available at a range of $35 a year.
It is another interesting pick that is possible to record locally without using the cloud. Following the super easy instructions to plug into the antenna, create an account. You are ready to use the Tablo for connecting to the live streaming option in one stopover. The cost of 64GB storage Tablo is around $176. If you’re up for local recordings, then this box is a great option.
An upright streaming box is AirTV. The folks who are much into the standalone TV apps can integrate with the Sling TV app to enjoy innumerable live streaming with ease. It is an excellent option to explore.
Before enjoying the recorded free OTA streaming videos, it is necessary to know the basic method on how to record the TV on OTA DVR, over an external hard drive or PC. For instance, we’re going to use a Tablo OTA DVR to make your understanding clear. Although, there are many dark shade boxes that you may purchase out of your wish.
Step 1: Get the antenna connected using the coaxial jack available at the back of the Tablo box.
Step 2: Either you can connect the Tablo box with the Wi-Fi or directly plug in the Ethernet cable into it. Here, let’s suppose we’ve connected to the Wi-Fi.
Step 3: Now, you can access the OTA streaming over your PC using the web app or smartphone or smart TV using the app of Tablo.
Step 4: You can then seek the help of an efficient screen recorder tool to get your favorite OTA TV shows recorded.
If your PC has a TV tuner card installed in it, you can stream and record TV shows efficiently. Even better, you can install Wondershare UniConverter and record high-quality TV shows on your laptop or desktop. With this simple all-in-one program, you can choose a specific screen area to record or capture the entire screen. Also, it lets you add annotations like shapes, arrows, and texts. Additionally, you can apply voice narrations and Picture in Picture effects (PIP). What’s more, you can edit and convert the recorded video file with its other functions.
Wondershare UniConverter – Best Desktop Screen Recorder
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Mac/Windows
- It supports the recording of all desktop activities, including Zoom, Skype, video games, TV shows, and more.
- Users can record videos in full-screen mode or choose a specific capture area.
- It supports adding voice narrations, annotations, and PIP effects using a webcam.
- Edit the recorded TV service by cropping, trimming, rotating, adding subtitles, and more.
- Convert videos to MOV, VOB, MTS, 3GP, M4A, MP3, FLAC, FLV, etc.
- Best video and audio recording app for Mac OS X 10.9+ & Windows 10/8/7.
Follow these steps to record a TV show on Mac/Windows using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1Run the app and the Screen Recorder.
Install and run the app, then click the Screen Recorder tab. Next, click the blue Screen Recorder button to launch the screen recording feature.
Step 2Select a region to record.
Now launch the TV show you want to record, then drag the recording frame inwards or outwards to set a capture area. Alternatively, tap the recording mode drop-down list to specify the capture area as Full Screen or Custom. If you select the former, make sure you click Lock Aspect Ratio to make the output video look more professional.
Step 3Configure the recording settings.
Start by selecting a sound output device on the System Audio drop-down list. After that, choose a mic for adding voice narrations under the Microphone section, then choose a camera for adding your facial gestures under the Webcam section.
Interestingly, Wondershare Screen Recorder lets you preset the output format, frame rate, quality, folder path, and customize the keyboard shortcuts. To do that, open the Settings menu.
Step 4Begin the recording process.
Adjust the capture area on your TV show, then tap the REC button to start the video recording process. Now open the video recording taskbar then tap the Annotation button to add texts, shapes, drawings, and more. You can also mute voice narrations and system audio. Finally, tap Stop to preview and share your recorded TV show.
As you can notice, there are so many options available in the market for the OTA live streaming. You require to be wise to access the live streaming option to watch and record your favorite TV shows on time. Above the steps will help you to track the process and enjoy the streaming services.