TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
In a busy schedule, when all the people are busy in their own lives, it is difficult to sit back at home and watch Television shows. Having the OTA streaming device or an OTA Antenna that will help you record your favorite television shows can be bliss at such times. Thus, the OTA box is the best stopover to your free TV experience services akin to the cable. In this article, we’ll talk about how to follow simple steps to record the TV shows on OTA streaming devices. So, let us explore it.
- Part 1. What Is An OTA Streaming Box
- Part 2. How to Record TV Shows on OTA DVR with the General Method
- Part 3. Record TV Shows for OTA Streaming Box on Windows and Mac
The most talked-about OTA streaming box is a DVR over the air TV, where you can record your favorite TV shows. It offers a cable-like experience. The best part is you can have multiple channels and its programming recoded. You can tap Pause on a TV show midway and watch the other.
Moreover, you can access the OTA streaming box anytime and enjoy the bundle of exclusive shows at your ease. The unique features of the OTA box rival the TV cable setup.
The users are using advanced methods to stream in the OTA + streaming in one device. It is undoubtedly possible and a better option among all, as you do not have to switch the remote controller. Like Netflix have Cox in it, which enables the option of switching between the Cox and the local channels using only one remote. There are a few more similar ways to OTA + streaming in one remote.
Tablo Dual Lite + Roku
Often it is easy to connect to the antenna of Tablo with the wireless WIFI, and you can use the Tablo Dual Lite to stream and record the OTA live channels. It can only be done by using a USB hard drive. It works with no disturbance.
Roku Ultra helps to turn up the volume of the TV, using one remote to access cable and OTA streaming at the same time. The interesting part is you can switch to the option of the multiple Roku devices to access other Roku home devices.
TiVo Bolt OTA
The best performing app TiVo Bolt OTA is one of the finest to OTA streaming in one. Whereas, another app Roamio OTA is cheaper and lowers the performing as compared with the TiVo Bolt OTA.
Channel Master Stream+ an Android TV box
For the Android TV devices, you can simply opt for free OTA TV streaming, Channel Master Stream+ an Android TV box. It can be minimally integrated with the tuner of the TV to OTA streaming. The only problem is this doesn’t support Netflix and Amazon Prime.
AppleTV + HDHomerun + Channels app, FireTV
You can use AppleTV + HDHomerun + Channels app and even FireTV cube for loading any app. You need to tap to the option of Live TV and insert the OTA to watch all the streaming live using the same box. You just need to have your own OTA network, and you can directly plug-in to the Television to enjoy endlessly.
Enjoying the OTA streaming service without a cord is also saving your cost, where you do not have to invest in buying cable. The streaming boxes have free signals and pipes to control the device and the shows at your home space with no hassle.
By plug-in the antenna into your box, you can hook up your network > install the application > watch OTA in your devices or Apple TV, or Fire TV, or Android TV or iPad. There are a few popular OTA boxes among which top 3 are listed below:
It is easy to set up by simply following some app downloads, a few clicks, and scanning the channels. Once the interface is set up, you just need to use it by changing the channels in the first place. HDHomerun has four tuned options to choose and watch the four feeds at the same time.
The DVR of HDHomerun is available at a range of $35 in a year.
It is another interesting pick that is possible to record locally without using the cloud. Following the super easy instructions to plug into the antenna, create an account. You are ready to use the Tablo for connecting to the live streaming option in one stopover. The cost of 64GB storage Tablo is around $176. If you’re up for local recordings, then this box is a great option.
An upright streaming box is AirTV. The folks who are much into the standalone TV apps can integrate with the Sling TV app to enjoy innumerable live streaming with ease. It is an excellent option to explore.
Before enjoying the recorded free OTA streaming videos, it is necessary to know the basic method on how to record the TV on OTA DVR, over external hard drive or PC. For instance, we’re going to use a Tablo OTA DVR to make your understanding clear. Although, there are many dark shade boxes that you may purchase out of your wish.
Step 1: Get the antenna connected using the coaxial jack available at the back of the Tablo box.
Step 2: Either you can connect the Tablo box with the Wi-Fi or directly plug in the Ethernet cable into it. Here, let’s suppose we’ve connected to the Wi-Fi.
Step 3: Now, you can access the OTA streaming over your PC using the web app or smartphone or smart TV using the app of Tablo.
Step 4: You can then seek the help of an efficient screen recorder tool to get your favorite OTA TV shows recorded.
The recording shows on OTA streaming device or box either on the Windows and Mac requires a simple process to be followed. As discussed above, you need to have a screen recorder tool that can efficiently record OTA TV streaming shows and save them over your PC. For this purpose, we have brought the renowned Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Screen Recorder tool that is highly recommended by millions of users across the world. It is not just a screen recorder, but it is also one of the best video converters which offer the best in class services. Moreover, it can convert videos to 1000 formats at a speed of 30x times faster without any loss of quality.
- A screen recording feature makes it stand out
- It converts videos at 30X high speed in full quality every time to any format possible.
- It has a great video editing tool that allows you to edit your videos and make them stand out.
- It allows users to save videos from more than 10,000 sites all over the Internet.
- It has a powerful DVD tool that will help you create and edit DVD files in the easiest way possible.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
So now it comes to how to record the OTA streaming TV Shows with it. Well, follow the steps mentioned below, and you’ll be able to get your shows recorded in a hassle-free way and enjoy them later as and when you desire.
Pre-requisite: Assuming that you have connected your OTA streaming box connected to the Wi-Fi and can access the Web App of the OTA box over your PC to stream the shows over your PC.
Step 1 Launch the Wondershare UniConverter
You need to run the Wondershare UniConverter once it is installed. You further need to tap on the option Screen Recorder section for choosing the Screen Recorder tool.
Step 2 Set the Recording preferences
Once the Screen Recorder pops up over your screen, you can then adjust the screen recording preferences as per your need.
Capture Area Setting
You need to drag the Cross icon in the middle so you can move the whole frame. Try to pinch into the edges of the frame so that it can adjust the width and height for the recording. You can alternatively tap into the drop-down icon to capture the entire area. Or, you can choose the option Custom or Full screen in recording mode as your preference.
Note: To access more advanced settings, you need to hit on the arrow pointing downwards. Doing so will reveal settings like general information, record timer, mouse and shortcut.
Step 3 Start your Recording
Tap to the REC button to start the process of recording. A countdown will then begin before the tool will start recording the screen.
Step 4 Stop Recording
Once you’re satisfied with the recording and wish to stop recording, hit on the Stop button, which is on the right side of the recording taskbar. Another option to stop recording is to tap over the Esc button over your keyboard, and the recording will stop instantly.
You’ll notice a new folder created and displayed on the screen. It will have your recorded video, and you can play them, rename them as your wish.
As you can notice, there are so many options available in the market for the OTA live streaming. You require being wise to access the live streaming option to watch and record your favorite TV shows on time. Above the steps will help you to track the process and enjoy the streaming services.