TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
Easy Ways to Record TV Shows to a Computer in 2020
To record TV on a computer is not rocket science anymore. With all the new devices, applications, and services, you can easily get broadcasted signals right on to your PC as long as it has hardware ready to receive them. Such kind of setup might be required if you don’t have access to a smart TV and have no plan to investing in one anytime soon either.
Therefore, to make things easy for you, the following sections explain how you can use your computer to record TV channels with some cheap digital video recorders (DVRs) or similar services. In addition to this, one of the sections here also explains the best way to record TV on a PC with the least hardware cost and absolutely no monthly or annual subscription plan.
- Part 1.Software Applications to Record TV Shows on A Computer
- Part 2.Best Alternative for Recording TV
In the absence of a smart TV (or even if you have one but are not willing to use it for some reason), there are a couple of other ways you can record TV network as long as you have a desktop or laptop computer that is connected to the Internet.
Following is a list of services that when used in conjunction with compatible devices that can help you in this:
A built-in TV tuner card, Tablo is a hardware DVR. When connected to a computer, it can record OTA channels with ease. As long as you have a decent network setup at your place, and everything is well-connected as per the guideline. With a built-in hard disk drive, the DVR doesn’t require any additional storage to save the recorded videos. Once you buy Tablo with the post-expiration of the trial period, you can either continue using the service for free or go for a subscription plan to access advanced features that the vendor offers.
A monthly, annual, or lifetime subscription-based service, Plex can be used on your computer as long as it has a TV tuner card and is connected to the Internet. The Plex record TV process is simple. All you need to do is to buy your preferred subscription plan, sign in to your account, and you’re all set to go. With a dedicated dashboard, parental control, and detailed analytics, you get full control over the service and its content. Furthermore, Plex also lets you sync your smartphone to watch movies or listen to music in offline mode.
It is a complete streaming media and DVR management service that allows you to take total control of the content your computer receives via the TV tuner card that it has. About the pricing, emby's premier services are available on a monthly, annual, and lifetime subscription basis, and can be availed by paying via PayPal or bank card.
You have access to HDHomeRun tuner, and it is connected to your home network via any medium (e.g., Network Attached Storage (NAS)), you can use HDHomeRun DVR service for free as it comes along with the tuner itself. However, if you don’t have the tuner, you must pay a small amount to buy the DVR service and begin using it to record TV to the computer.
As discussed earlier, the best way to record TV would be like that you don’t have to pay to the service providers on a regular basis in the name of the monthly or annual subscription fee. It can be done by using a robust application called Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
Wondershare UniConverter is a program that can be installed on your Windows or Mac computer. As long as your PC has a TV tuner card and can receive OTA signals, the application can easily record TV channels and your favorite shows or movies without any complexities or much configuration. In addition to this, UniConverter is also equipped with other useful features like video editor, video compressor, format converter, disc burner, etc. that make the app a one-stop-shop for all your media related needs.
- Record all desktop activities with voice
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert video to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Edit, enhance, personalize your videos by trimming, cropping, adding subtitles, and more.
- Burn video to playable DVD or Blu-ray disc with an attractive free DVD template.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000 video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
You can learn how to record TV on Mac or Windows with Wondershare UniConverter by following the steps given below:
Step 1 Launch Wondershre Screen Recorder
Start Wondershare UniConverter on your Windows or Mac PC, go to the Screen Recorder section to open it.
Step 2 Expand the Panel and Set Up Recording Preferences
Click the Settings (Gear) icon from the bottom-right corner (if the panel is shrunk), select Full Screen from the Capture Area drop-down list. Choose your preferred device for an audio source from the System Audio drop-down list, and make sure that the Microphone is in Disabled mode to avoid recording any distracting noises from foreign sources.
Step 3 Set Up General Preferences and Begin Recording
Define your preferred suitable options in Save to, Frame rate, and Quality, drop-down lists from the General section as needed. Optionally, check the boxes from the Record Timer section, and set manual recording duration or schedule recording if your favorite program is planned to be telecasted at any other time. Configure other available options as needed or leave everything as default and click the REC button from the top-right corner to begin or schedule the recording as per the preferences you configured.
Note: If you left the entry in the Shortcut field unchanged, you could press the Ctrl + F6 keys together on your keyboard to stop the recording any time you want.
There are many options to record TV to a computer, and most of them need a monthly or annual subscription. It means that you will have to pay some amount to them on a regular basis. However, if you are not willing to go for any such recurring plan, you can always try the best and widely admired approach using one of the most robust screen recording application. Wondershare UniConverter not only enables you to record TV on your PC with many advanced tools, but it also lets you edit the videos, adds subtitles and effects to them, and even burn them on to an optical media disc for your personal video collection.