TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
Top 5 Live TV HD Recorders on PC in 2021
Recording live TV on a PC can be a real challenge, especially if you’re new to it. You either pay an expert to get it done or find an HD recorder (TV recording software) that you can use to achieve your goal, which is often cheaper. However, selecting reliable, easy to use, and efficient software to create HD records of your live TV shows from thousands of software out there is yet another challenge on its own.
Fortunately, we have identified the best live TV recorders for Windows and Mac that are available today based on their performance, and we are going to highlight them in this post. Also, we will show you how to use the HD recorder to record high-quality videos with minimal effort.
- Part 1. Best Live TV Recorder for Mac and Windows Recommended
- Part 2. Other 4 Options to Record Live TV on PC
If you’re looking for live TV software for PC free download for windows 7, 8, 10, or Mac computers, then the Wondershare UniConverter is your best way to go as it is the best live TV recorder that we recommend for Mac and Windows. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is a powerful HD recorder that can help you record live TV shows in HD for future viewing. This software also comes with many other different tools like video compressor to reduce your video file size without affecting its quality and a full-featured video editor that you can use to create a professional-looking video.
Another amazing feature of the tool is its universal file converter that allows you to convert your recorded videos into a format that is supported by other media playing devices like tablets, smartphones, and the likes. Its file conversion speed is 30 times faster than other file converters, and it supports over 1000 file formats. The tool can even download contents from different video sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and Instagram, and edit and convert them into something you can upload to social media and video sharing sites. What’s more, it can be used for free, has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to use and supports both Windows and macOS.
Learning how to record on Philo, clouds TV, live YouTube, HDTV com live, and other alternative live TVs or live streaming service is easy with Wondershare UniConverter. Follow the guide below to learn how to record live TV shows for future or offline viewing.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- The excellent user interface assists you in reaching out to necessary controls easily.
- Make the videos realistic using the edit options like trim, crop, filter effects, subtitle, etc.
- Transfer the media files to your desired external storage with the help of this channel.
- Compatible with more than 1000 file formats and the file conversion speed overruns your expectations.
- An innovative toolbox is comprising of important controls like video compressor, screen recorder, image converter, VR converter, GIF maker, etc.
Step 1 Download and install Wondershare UniConverter.
If you don’t have Wondershare UniConverter installed on your PC, visit its official website to download and install the software to your PC.
Step 2 Run the software.
After installing the tool, launch it and click on the Screen Recorder tab at the top of your screen and select Screen Recorder to open the screen recording window.
Step 3 Find the content you want to record on your live TV.
Open your live TV app or log on to your streaming service using your web browser, find and select the content you want to record.
Step 4 Set your recording preferences.
Go back to Wondershare UniConverter’s screen recording window and select the area of your screen to capture in your recording and adjust other video recording preferences like the Frame Rate, Quality, and so on.
Step 6 Start recording
Click on the REC button to start capturing your live TV show.
When the live TV program ends or if you want to stop recording, click on the Stop button at the top right corner of your screen to stop recording. You can also press ESC key or Ctrl + F6 to stop recording. Once you stop recording, a file folder will pop up to display the video you just captured.
Apart from Wondershare UniConverter, there are many other alternative live TV apps that allow you to record TV shows on your PC. However, the ones we recommend include:
Filmora Scrn is a wonderful screen recorder and video editor that let you capture webcam, gameplay videos, audio, and computer screen simultaneously without placing a limit on the video duration. This HD recorder gives you the ability to record HD content in 15 to 120 frames per second (FPS). Just like the Wondershare UniConverter, Filmora Scrn allows you to add annotations like subtitles or text to videos to improve the viewing experience of your audience. You can even modify the shape, color, and size of your cursor to make it unique.
With this TV recorder, you don’t have to install a separate video editor as the tool boasts a massive range of tools to edit and refine your video recordings. It supports over 50 file formats and can also export videos in different file formats. The software offers a free trial version and is compatible with Windows and Mac.
● Record from webcam and computer simultaneously
● Supports over 50 file formats
● Full editing suite
● 15 to 120 FPS
● Changeable cursor
Plex is a media center with client-server that allows you to stream multimedia to client apps or record your favorite live TV shows. It supports Mac and Windows OS as well as other platforms and retail with a monthly subscription fee of $4.99. It has an intuitive interface and includes the Time Shifting feature that allows its users to pause, fast forward, and rewind live TV playbacks. It also has a lot of client apps and can sync your recorded live TV show to tablets, smartphones, and consoles.
● Live TV and DVR
● Free movies and TVs
● 30-days free trial
● Watch, record or stream videos and music contents
● Intuitive interface
Kodi is a full-blown media center that allows you to stream movies, play music, videos, and image slideshows and watch or record live TVs via its extensive range of plug-ins. This HD recorder is open-source software that is compatible with Linux, macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS. Kodi depends on PVR plug-ins for it to perform live TV recording, so you need to add to plug-in to it. Fortunately, there’s a lot of PVR plug-ins like MythTV, NextPVR, and MediaPortal that you can install to schedule live TV recordings.
● Support different Operating Systems
● Organize TV shows for easy access
● Support almost all media file formats
● Stream music and internet radios
● Record TV shows and contents
NextPVR is a freeware personal video recorder for macOS, Linux, Docker, and Microsoft Windows. The app is designed for live TV recording and playback. It is one of the most reliable backend servers to use with media centers. It has an intuitive interface that includes a TV guide; that is why it can function without front-end software.
The app is compatible with a range of DMB-T, QAM, ATSC, DVB, and analog devices. It comes with a web application that allows you to manage your recordings. It can also schedule recordings and has several recording type options to choose from, such as Record Once, Record Season, Record Weekends, and Record Weekly.
● Compatible with a range of devices
● Intuitive and easy to use interface
● Include all TV functions
● Accessible support
● Free for personal use
Whether you’re looking to record your PC screen to create video tutorials, record games, and video call or you just want to record live TV for future viewing, you need the right HD recorder for the job. That is why we’ve created this guide to show you the top five TV recorders that can help you achieve your goal. Wondershare UniConverter is our top live TV recorder on PC due to its loads of amazing features. However, we also recommend the other four alternative live TV recorders that we mentioned above due to their reliability and exciting features. Now that you’ve learned about the top 5 live TV recorders on PC in 2020, its high time you took a look and selected the one that suits your needs.