TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
Simple Ways to Record TV Shows in 2020
Are you looking for a few methods on how to record TV shows with ease? The fact is, with the new devices manufactured every day, and the way the technology is evolving, the process these days is not as complicated as it used to be a couple of decades before.
That said, here you will learn the best and simplest way to record TV programs with the least efforts. Along with this, you will also see what other alternatives you have to get the job done, in case you don’t want your PC to participate in the entire procedure.
Assuming that you already own a desktop or laptop computer and you are willing to use it to make the process simple, the efficient and robust program called Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is worth mentioning at this point.
Developed for Mac and Windows computers, Wondershare UniConverter has a built-in screen recorder that can come in handy if you want to create educational tutorials or record TV shows. What makes the application even more versatile is the fact that it is equipped with various other functions like video trimmer, universal converter, media compressor, DVD burner, and much more.
With all these features, Wondershare UniConverter can be considered a full-fledged post-production tool that is capable of creating industry-standard outputs.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- A flexible and easy video recorder with explicit controls on the user interface
- Customize the recorded videos as per your requirement.
- Convert the media files to the desired format to overcome compatibility issues with other gadgets that you share in the future.
- Overall, it delivers impressive performance when you are working on it.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Coming back to televisions, you can learn how to record TV programs with UniConverter by following the method given below:
Note: Before proceeding, make sure that your computer has a TV tuner card and can receive OTA TV programs and movies that the service provider telecasts.
Step 1 Initiate Wondershare Screen Recorder.
Go to Wondershare’s official website, and download and install Wondershare UniConverter on your Windows or Mac computer. Next, launch the program, go to Screen Recorder from the left side of the interface, and click to start recording.
Step 2 Define the capture area.
Click the Selection icon in the Capture Area section of the wondershare screen recorder panel, and drag the mouse over the screen area you want to record. Optionally you can also type the width and height values manually in their corresponding fields. To record the whole screen, click the down arrow next to the Selection icon and click Full Screen.
Step 3 Configure the audio.
Use the System Audio drop-down list to select a device for audio input while recording the TV. Ideally, you want to select the output device that enables you to listen to the sound. It ensures that the wondershare screen recorder records only the audio that you hear. To be on the safer side, make sure to disable the Microphone to prevent the app from capturing any external noise accidentally.
Step 4 Define the save location and video quality.
Click the setting icon from the bottom-right to expand the panel. From the Save As option in the General section, choose a destination folder to save the video, and select your preferred framerate and picture quality from their corresponding drop-down lists.
Step 5 Configure the Timer (Optional).
Check the schedule box from under the Record Timer section, and enter the values in the Start time and Stop time fields to start and stop the recording at the scheduled time automatically. Alternatively, you can also check the Start manually and end after box to automatically stop the recording after a specific duration from the time you manually started capturing the screen.
Step 6 Start and stop recording.
Tune in to the channel you want to record TV shows from, and click the REC button from the top-right to start the recording. If you haven’t scheduled the timer to stop the recording automatically, press the Ctrl + F6 keys on the keyboard to do so manually.
Apart from the method explained above, a few other alternate ways to record TV shows include:
1. With TV and External HDD
This method requires you to have a smart TV with USB port(s), and a 2.5” external USB hard drive (recommended) or a flash drive.
● To record TV programs to the HDD, you must:
● Connect the hard drive to the USB port of the TV
● Press the Record button on the TV remote control
● Select Proceed when prompted
● Wait while the TV scans your hard disk for performance and begins recording when/if found acceptable
2. With DVD Recorder
For this method, you need a DVD recorder, blank DVD(s), a TV with TV/Video, Input or Game option.
● To record TV movies and shows on a DVD:
● Configure your DVD recorder to receive inputs from AV 1 or AV 2 depending on the ports the AV cables are connected to
● Scan and tune in to the channel on your TV you want to record shows from
● On your TV, choose TV/Video, Input or Game (as per the availability and/or name of the button on the TV’s remote control) as the source input
● Insert a blank DVD in the DVD recorder
● Press the Rec (or Record) button on the recorder’s remote control to begin recording the telecasted TV show or movie
● Stop the recording once you’re done
● Use the recorder’s remote control again to go to Disc Settings, select Disc Finalize, and select OK to finalize the DVD so it can be played on any compatible DVD player
3. With YouTube TV
If YouTube TV is available in your region and you have also purchased its subscription, you don’t need any device other than a PC and an Internet connection for TV recording.
● To record TV shows with YouTube TV
● Sign in to your YouTube TV account
● Search for the TV show you want to record
● Click the Record button present at the right side of the name to begin recording the show
Note: The recorded show(s) are automatically removed from the online DVR after 9 months. This online DVR comes free with the YouTube TV subscription and has unlimited storage capacity.
To watch the recorded show(s), click Library from the top of the YouTube TV page, and click the thumbnail of the program.
To remove a series from the online DVR, click Remove from the right side of the show’s name.
It is essential to learn how to record TV shows so you can watch them at a convenient time. However, you may find the procedure challenging and extremely complex in the absence of the right hardware or software while using a computer. Thanks to Wondershare UniConverter as it simplifies the entire process of recording TV programs and movies on your Windows or Mac computer.