TV Recording Tips
- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
Simple Ways to Record TV Shows in 2020
Are you looking for a few methods on how to record TV shows with ease? The fact is, with the new devices manufactured every day, and the way the technology is evolving, the process these days is not as complicated as it used to be a couple of decades before.
That said, here you will learn the best and simplest way to record TV programs with the least efforts. Along with this, you will also see what other alternatives you have to get the job done, in case you don’t want your PC to participate in the entire procedure.
If your computer has a TV tuner card, capture TV shows quickly and easily using Wondershare UniConverter. This professional app is fun and straightforward to use, making it great for pros and beginners alike. When recording a TV show, users can set a specific capture area or record the entire screen. In addition to TV shows, you can record video games, VoIP calls, system settings, and other desktop activities. Plus, you can add annotations, voice narrations, video overlays, and more.
Wondershare UniConverter – Best Desktop Screen Recorder
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Mac/Windows
- It can record TV shows, video games, VoIP apps, system settings, browser tabs, and so on.
- It lets users record the entire desktop screen or capture a particular section in custom mode.
- Add annotations like texts, shapes, drawings, lines, and arrows when recording a TV show.
- It allows you to apply voice narrations and Picture in Picture effects using the internal/external mic and webcam.
- Convert the recorded video to VOB, AVI, FLV, MP4, WMV, MTS, and more video formats.
- Edit the recorded video by trimming, cropping, adding watermarks, applying effects, etc.
- Best TV show recorder for Win 10/8/7 & Mac OS X 10.9+ (Catalina included).
Now apply these steps to record a TV show on Mac/Win using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1Launch the Screen Recorder.
Install and run Wondershare UniConverter, then click the Screen Recorder tab. After that, tap the Camcorder icon to launch the screen capture tool.
Step 2Set a capture area.
Drag the edges of the recording cropper inwards or outwards to set a capture area. Alternatively, tap the drop-down arrow below the Recording Mode function, then set the capture area as Custom or Full Screen. If you select Custom, enter the frame dimensions, then lock the aspect ratio.
Step 3Customize your recording priorities.
If you want to add a voice narration over your recorded video, choose mic under the Microphone menu. You can also choose a camera for adding a video overlay or PIP effect under the Webcam menu. And most importantly, select a device for capturing the system sounds on the System Audio drop-down list.
Next, click Settings, then set FLV, AVI, or MP4 as the target file format. Users can also set the output frame rate, quality, folder path, and keyboard hotkeys.
Step 4Start recording a video.
Adjust the capture area if necessary, then click REC to start recording. Now launch the Screen Recorder taskbar and then click the Annotations button to add texts, shapes, lines, arrows, and drawings. Click Stop to finish recording the TV show.
Apart from the method explained above, a few other alternate ways to record TV shows include:
1. With TV and External HDD
This method requires you to have a smart TV with USB port(s), and a 2.5” external USB hard drive (recommended), or a flash drive.
● To record TV programs to the HDD, you must:
● Connect the hard drive to the USB port of the TV
● Press the Record button on the TV remote control
● Select Proceed when prompted
● Wait while the TV scans your hard disk for performance and begins recording when/if found acceptable
2. With DVD Recorder
For this method, you need a DVD recorder, blank DVD(s), a TV with TV/Video, Input, or Game option.
● To record TV movies and shows on a DVD:
● Configure your DVD recorder to receive inputs from AV 1 or AV 2 depending on the ports the AV cables are connected to
● Scan and tune in to the channel on your TV you want to record shows from
● On your TV, choose TV/Video, Input, or Game (as per the availability and/or name of the button on the TV’s remote control) as the source input
● Insert a blank DVD in the DVD recorder
● Press the Rec (or Record) button on the recorder’s remote control to begin recording the telecasted TV show or movie
● Stop the recording once you’re done
● Use the recorder’s remote control again to go to Disc Settings, select Disc Finalize, and select OK to finalize the DVD so it can be played on any compatible DVD player
3. With YouTube TV
If YouTube TV is available in your region and you have also purchased its subscription, you don’t need any device other than a PC and an Internet connection for TV recording.
● To record TV shows with YouTube TV
● Sign in to your YouTube TV account
● Search for the TV show you want to record
● Click the Record button present at the right side of the name to begin recording the show
Note: The recorded show(s) are automatically removed from the online DVR after 9 months. This online DVR comes free with the YouTube TV subscription and has unlimited storage capacity.
To watch the recorded show(s), click Library from the top of the YouTube TV page, and click the thumbnail of the program.
To remove a series from the online DVR, click Remove from the right side of the show’s name.
It is essential to learn how to record TV shows so you can watch them at a convenient time. However, you may find the procedure challenging and extremely complex in the absence of the right hardware or software while using a computer. Thanks to Wondershare UniConverter as it simplifies the entire process of recording TV programs and movies on your Windows or Mac computer.