TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
How to Record TV Shows to A Computer in 2020
If you are looking for an easy method on how to record TV shows and movies that you can watch later or keep them for your personal collection or video library, you are in the right place. Here you will learn what peripherals you would need and how to set them up in order to record anything broadcasted on the TV channels right on your computer.
In one of the following sections, you will also learn how to record TV to a computer with the best application available today instead of using the traditional or obsolete method with limited options to get the task done.
Before you start off with recording your favorite TV shows and movies on your computer, there are a few devices you must have, and some preliminary steps that you must take. These peripherals and proper setup are required for flawless and quality recording.
What You Need
The hardware you need include:
● Personal Computer (PC)
Any computer can be used to record TV. You can either use a desktop PC or a laptop with sufficient free space in the hard drive or SSD to save large video files. However, it is noteworthy that depending on the type of computer, your selection of other peripherals can be diversified.
● TV Tuner Card
TV tuner cards are of both internal and external types. While the internal cards can be used in desktop computers and installed on a PCI slot, the external cards are connected to a PC via USB. That said, unless there is a specific need, you may want to avoid buying an internal TV tuner card, and get an external one that can be connected on both desktops and laptops with ease.
● Coaxial Cable
TV signals usually transmit over a coaxial cable that has a BNC connecter preset at its end. Make sure you have the cable, and that it is correctly connected to the source of the signal.
● Bayonet Neil-Concelman (BNC) Connector
It is a small connector that is present at the end of the coaxial cable and is used to connect the cable to the TV (or TV tuner card in this case).
The service(s) you need include:
● Cable Service
You must have channel subscription(s) to have a TV show or movie in the first place. You can use a set-top box (STB), a direct cable connection, or a dish antenna from a specific service provider to have access to the movies and TV shows you want to record.
The recording software you may need include:
● Built-In Program
When you buy a TV tuner card, you will get a driver installation disc along with it that also contains recording software developed by the same vendor. This software has all the functions and features that enable you to record the TV.
● Third-Party Program
If you are looking for some advanced tools that also allow basic to complex editing, video manipulation, audio treatment, the free software that shipped along with the TV turner card might not suffice. You would need a third-party application (explained in one of the following sections) to get the job done.
How to Set Up
Setting up your hardware to record TV is relatively simple:
● Connect your TV tuner card to the USB port of your desktop or laptop computer (or to the PCI slot in case of internal card and a desktop PC)
● Make sure that one end of the signal cable (coaxial cable) is connected to the source, and the other end has a BNC connector properly attached to it
● Connect the coaxial cable to the TV tuner card
● Scan your TV tuner card for available channels and save them as needed
If you are looking for some advanced features to manage your recordings, you need a dedicated program that has been specifically designed for the purpose and is equipped with many relevant functions.
One such tool that is helpful not only in recording the TV but also for any type of screen capturing is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Available for both Mac and Windows platforms, Wondershare UniConverter is a fully equipped production and post-production application. In addition to recording the screen, it also has lots of other features such as a built-in video editor, video compressor, disc burner, GIF creator, video to audio converter (and vice versa), etc. that make the software stand out among its competitors.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Built-in screen recorder that can come in handy if you want to create educational tutorials or record TV shows.
- It offers video conversion to multiple formats at a very high speed.
- The software is user-friendly and features an intuitive user interface.
- You can customize a video in your way by removing unwanted parts through trimming, crop it to the desired size, merging, and so on.
- Use it as a DVD burner and rewrite the files according to your needs.
- Convert an image, create GIFs, convert any video to the VR format, all necessary feature is available.
- Overall, it delivers impressive performance when you are working on it.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
You can learn how to record TV to a computer with Wondershare UniConverter by following the steps given below:
Step 1 Open Screen Capture Panel
Ensure that all the devices, services, and settings discussed in Part 1 are in place, launch Wondershare UniConverter on your Windows or Mac computer, go to the Screen Recorder tile, and click the Screen Recorder button.
Step 2 Set Recording Preferences
Click the Settings icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen Recording panel (if it isn't already expanded), click the down arrow present next to the available icon in the Capture Area section at the top-left corner, and click Full Screen. Select your preferred audio source from the System Audio drop-down list. Also, make sure that the Microphone icon is set to Disabled mode (in Orange color and marked as crossed-out) to ensure that the program doesn’t record any unwanted external noise while capturing the TV screen and its audio.
Step 3 Set Other Preferences and Record
From the General section, choose your preferred destination directory in the Save to field, select a recording frame rate from the Frame rate drop-down list (60 fps here), pick your preferred capture quality from the Quality drop-down list (High here). Then, leave everything else to default and click the REC button from the top-right corner to start recording the TV screen on your computer.
Note: Optionally, you can set the Record Timer settings as needed if you want to schedule screen capturing.
Learning how to record TV shows or movies on a computer is simple as long as you have access to the right peripherals, reliable TV service or subscription, and efficient software that can interact with the hardware your PC has. Thankfully Wondershare UniConverter is here with all the advanced features to help you make your TV recording experience smooth and seamless.