TV Recording Tips
- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
Best Ways to Record TV Shows on YouTube TV in 2023
With YouTube TV record process becomes quite simple and absolutely cheap as long as the service is available in your area. Because YouTube TV can be accessed on your web browser, a mobile app, or on any of the streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Fire TV, etc., the compatibility of the platform has no constraints whatsoever.
In the following sections, you will learn what YouTube TV is, how to record shows on YouTube TV, what advantages and disadvantages it comes with, and what could be the best alternative if you are giving it a second thought.
Since the service has its own DVR, you don’t need any additional device or storage space to record YouTube TV. All you need to get the job done is either a mobile app, streaming device, or a computer with a web browser and an Internet connection.
Assuming that you have access to the basic elements like a computer with the Internet and a subscription plan to the service in question, the steps are given below explain how to record on YouTube TV:
Step 1: Search the Content
Sign in to your YouTube TV account on your web browser, and use the Search box at the top to search for the TV show you want to record.
Step 2: Record the Content
Click the Add button at the right side of the content you want to record. This would begin the recording, and the content will be added to your YouTube library.
Step 3: Access the Recorded Content
Go to your YouTube TV account, click Library from the top, and click to play the recorded TV show you want to watch.
Pros and Cons
YouTube TV comes with the following pros and cons:
● Unlimited DVR Storage
Since all the programs are saved to your YouTube TV’s Library section that is there on the YouTube’s server itself, you don’t have to worry about the DVR, storage devices, or their capacity anyway.
● Shows Durability/Availability
After recording shows on YouTube TV, they remain in your Library. And after up to 9 months, they are automatically removed. However, depending on the validity of the show you recorded, it may get erased from the Library before 9 months if it reaches its expiration date.
● Time Auto-Extension
While recording sports, YouTube TV automatically extends the scheduled recording for up to 30 minutes if it detects that the game is taking more than expected time to finish.
YouTube TV is a subscription-based service. At the time of this writing, it costs $49.99/month, making it one of the most expensive streaming platforms available today.
● Non-Selective Content
At the time of this writing, YouTube TV doesn’t allow you to record a single episode of a TV show. When you begin recording, the entire series is recorded. However, this isn’t much of an issue as you already have unlimited DVR storage space to save plenty of programs in.
● Uncontrolled Removal
You have no control over the removal of the recorded shows once the threshold duration of 9 months is reached. All you can do to get the series back is to re-record it, which is possible only if the show hasn’t got expired and removed from the YouTube platform altogether. Note: You can manually delete the shows from your Library before 9 months by clicking the Remove button that appears next to the title.
If you want to record YouTube TV channels on Mac/Win without breaking a sweat, install Wondershare UniConverter. Here you can record live TV stations in full-screen or customized mode. As you capture the TV channel, you can add video overlays or Picture-in-Picture effects (PIP), voice narrations, system audio, and unique annotations like texts, shapes, and drawings. Plus, users can download YouTube content directly on their local storage.
Wondershare UniConverter – Best YouTube TV Recorder
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Mac/Windows
- It can record YouTube TV stations in full-screen or customized mode.
- Record TV stations with video overlays, voice narrations, and unique annotations.
- Preset the output format, frame rate, and quality.
- Download YouTube videos with 30x download speed.
- Edit the recorded YouTube TV stations by trimming, cropping, merging, adding subtitles, and more.
- Convert the recorded video to MP4, AVI, WebM, MTS, MOV, DV, and more.
- Best YouTube TV recorder for Mac OS X 10.9+ & Win 10/8/7.
Below are the steps to record a YouTube TV channel on Mac/Win using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Open the Screen Recorder function.
Install and run Wondershare UniConverter, then click the Screen Recorder tab. After that, tap the Screen Recorder button to run the screen capture tool.
Step 2 Select a capture area.
Launch the YouTube TV station, then drag the cropper to fit a particular section of the screen. Alternatively, open the Recording Mode menu, then set the capture area as Custom or Full Screen. If you want to record a video in Custom mode, enter the video frame dimensions, then lock the aspect ratio.
Step 3 Configure the input devices and recording settings.
Sometimes you may want to include voice narrations and a PIP effect as you record a video. In that case, choose a mic and a Facecam under the Microphone and Webcam sections. You can also select a sound output device under the System Audio drop-down list.
Additionally, click the Settings menu (gear-like icon) to set the output quality as low, medium, or high. You can also select the target format as MP4, FLV, or AVI. Plus, this app lets you preset the frame rate, folder path, and keyboard shortcuts.
Step 4 Start recording the YouTube TV channel.
If everything looks set to record, click REC to start the recording process. Now open the taskbar, then click Annotations to start adding texts, shapes, arrows, lines, and drawings. After you’ve captured enough, click Stop. You can now preview and edit the video as you want.
Even though YouTube TV record doesn’t require any DVR device and also offers unlimited storage space, the recorded shows last only for up to 9 months. Compliments to Wondershare UniConverter that allows you to save the recordings on your PC for as long as you want without any additional subscription plan or data expiration threshold.