TV Recording Tips
- 1. DVR for TV Recording+
- 1.1 Best Ways to Record OTA TV Shows with Digital DVR Recorder in 2020
- 1.2 How to Choose the Best Digital Video Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.3 4 Ways You Shoud Know for TV Recording in 2020
- 1.4 Top 6 DVR Recorders for TV in 2020
- 1.5 5 Methods to Record TV Shows without DVR in 2020
- 1.6 The Alternative to HD TV Recorder for TV Shows Recording in 2020
- 1.7 Top 5 PVR Recorder for Live TV Shows in 2020
- 1.8 All Ways to Record TV Shows on Fire TV Stick in 2020
- 1.9 All Things to Know About TV Shows Recording on Philo TV in 2020
- 1.10 Easy Ways to Record Programs on Roku in 2020
- 1.11 Best TV Recording Box: the 9 Best Ways to Enjoy TV Shows
- 1.12 What are the Best TV Recording Devices in 2020
- 1.13 The Most Efficient Steps to Record TV Videos in 2020
- 1.14 How to Record TV Programs On An External Hard Drive in 2020
- 1.15 How to Record TV Shows on DVD Recorder Easily in 2020
- 1.16 Best Ways to Record TV Shows on Youtube TV in 2020
- 1.17 How to Record Shows from Samsung Smart TV via USB by Simple Steps in 2020
- 1.18 Deserved to Have Top 12 Freeview TV Recorders in 2020
- 1.19 How to Use Tablo TV Kill Time During Self-Quarantine Period in 2020
- 1.20 How to Edit TV Shows Recorded from Xfinity in 2020
- 2. Record Cable TV+
- 3. Record Live TV+
- 3.1 6 Popular HD TV Recorders in 2020
- 3.2 Top 5 Live TV Recorders on PC in 2020
- 3.3 How to Record OTA TV Shows in 2020
- 3.4 How to Record Online TV Shows Easily for 2020
- 3.5 How to Record A Show on 3 Main Live TV Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.6 Easy Steps to Record Live TV Shows in 2020
- 3.7 How to Record Shows from Streaming Services in 2020
- 3.8 Simple Methods to Record TV Shows on OTA Streaming Devices in 2020
- 4. Record Screen+
- 5. Other Tips for TV Recording+
Best TV Screen Recorders for Mac/Windows in 2020
Did you ever feel the urge to rush to the market and grab a TV screen recorder to record your favorite TV show or movie that is scheduled to broadcast? If so, it is worth mentioning that you don’t have to buy those expensive DVRs and gigantic hard drives merely to record your television.
Here you will learn how to record TV screens using some of the best TV screen recording software with the least hardware.
An efficient and robust screen recording program by Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is developed for both Windows and Mac PCs. What makes the software stand out among all its competitors is the fact that in addition to being a screen capturing app, it is also a universal converter that supports more than 1000 formats.
Not only this, but the application is also enriched with plenty of other tools like video trimmer, DVD burner, video compressor, VR converter, etc. that allow users to manipulate the media files as per their needs. With the options to crop the footages, add special effects, subtitles, and watermarks to them, Wondershare UniConverter is unique in its own way.
The best thing about the UniConverter is its rendering time that is around 30% faster as compared to other post-production tools like Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro X.
To record a TV screen to a computer with Wondershare UniConverter, all you need is OTA signals through a set-top box or direct cable and a TV tuner card connected to a USB port or PCI slot (in case of a desktop PC). Once everything is in place, you can follow the steps given below to proceed with TV recording:
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- A flexible and easy video recorder with explicit controls on the user interface
- Customize the recorded videos as per your requirement.
- Convert the media files to the desired format to overcome compatibility issues with other gadgets that you share in the future.
- Flawless recordings of streaming media content.
- Excellent transfer functionality for moving the recorded videos to desired devices.
- Overall, it delivers impressive performance when you are working on it.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Step 1 Open Screen Recorder
Once you have downloaded and installed Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac or Windows PC, launch the program using its shortcut icon, go to Screen Recorder tab, and click Screen Recorder.
Step 2 Set Capture Area
Click the Square icon in the Capture Area section and drag the mouse on the screen to set the area to capture. You can also use the snap feature to select the entire interface you want to record by hovering mouse over it. Alternatively, you can click the down arrow next to the Square icon and select Full Screen from the menu to select the entire screen to capture.
Step 3 Manage Audio Preferences
Although you can click the Speaker and Mic icons in the System Audio and Microphone sections respectively to completely turn off audio recording, it wouldn’t be practical to record TV shows or movies without any sound. Therefore, it is advisable to keep the System Audio on and select your preferred input source from the drop-down list. You can keep the Microphone off to avoid any external noises. Then, click the Gear icon from the bottom-right corner of the panel to expand Screen Recorder.
Step 4 Manage Quality Settings
Choose your preferred destination folder in the Save As field. Also, select a framerate and picture quality from the Frame rate and Quality drop-down lists respectively to ensure you record TV screen to a computer with the best possible settings.
Step 5 Manage Timings
Check the schedule box under the Record Timer section and set your preferred time in the Start time and Stop time fields to schedule the recording at a specific hour of the day and for a specific duration. Alternatively, you can also check the start manually and end after box, and set the time to record only for a specific period after you begin recording the TV.
Step 6 Start and Stop Recording
After all the settings are configured as your preferences, click the REC button from the upper-right section to begin recording. To stop, press the Ctrl + F6 on your keyboard.
Apart from Wondershare UniConverter, a couple of other TV screen recording software applications that you can try your hands with include:
A desktop program that enables you to record full or a part of your computer screen. With a built-in editor, you can edit the captured footage to fit your needs best.
● Free and opensource
● Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
● Allows live streaming on various platforms
● Cannot be used as industry-standard post-production application
A complete suite of multiple products under a single roof, Apowersoft Unlimited can also cast your iOS and Android devices’ screen to your computer monitor.
● Can be used as a full-fledged screen recorder
● The suite comes with video editor and converter
● Comes with an annually renewable subscription plan
A web-based online screen recorder, Screencast-O-Matic, can be used on any computer as long as it is connected to the Internet. The tool can capture your computer screen and webcam to create educational videos or record TV shows.
● Can be used for free
● Offers advanced editing tools only to the paid members
AceThinker is yet another online screen recorder that can be used via a web browser on any computer. The tool can save the footages in MP4 or MOV files and allows you to upload the recordings to YouTube, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
● Free to use
● Requires paid subscription to schedule the recording
An efficient TV screen recording software for Mac and iOS, ScreenFlow has a built-in library of templates to help you add annotations, outros, etc.
● Can record videos in retina resolution
● Available only for Mac and iOS devices
Having a robust TV screen recorder is must-have stuff these days, and it might be challenging to find the best tool that can fulfill all your needs. Thanks to Wondershare UniConverter that allows you to record computer screen with good quality and can then help you edit the footages, add watermarks, insert subtitles, etc. to modify them according to your taste.