- 1. Convert to DVD+
- 2. Tips for Playing DVD+
- 3. Convert DVD to Video+
- 3.1 Convert DVD to MP4
- 3.2 Convert DVD to MP4 Free
- 3.3 Convert DVD to MP4 VLC
- 3.4 Convert DVD to AVI Free
- 3.5 Convert DVD to DivX/Xvid
- 3.6 Convert DVD to MP3 Free
- 3.7 DVD to iPad
- 3.8 Convert DVD to Digital Files
- 3.9 Convert DVD to AVI with Handbrake
- 3.10 Convert DVD to MPEG
- 3.11 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.12 Download DVD to Computer
- 3.13 Convert DVR to MPEG
- 3.14 Convert DVD to Facebook
- 3.15 Convert DVD to Vimeo
- 4. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
- 4.1 Import DVD to iTunes
- 4.2 Edit VOB or DVD Files
- 4.3 Cast DVD to Chromecast
- 4.4 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.5 Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MOV
- 4.6 Windows DVD Maker Not Burn AVI
- 4.7 Fix Windows DVD Maker Won't Burn MKV Issue
- 4.8 Alternatives to Nero DVD Burner
- 4.9 Top 5 Audio DVD Burners
- 4.10 Online DVD Burners
- 4.11 VHS to DVD
- 4.12 Solve DVD Won't Play
- 4.13 Should I Keep Buying DVDs
- 4.14 Best Movie Gift
- 4.15 DVD Movie Themes
How to Play DVD in Windows 10
How do I play a DVD on Windows 10?
Lately, Microsoft announced that there would be No DVD Playback Support for Windows Media Player on Windows 10. The main reason for this change in strategy is licensing fees that Microsoft has to pay to support features such as DVD playback in the operating system. This may let you down if you have some DVD collections and want to watch them in Windows 10. Don't worry, there are some shortcuts you can resort to. Read on to get more details on how to play DVDs in Windows 10 without any trouble.
- Part 1. How to Convert and Play DVD in Windows 10 Easily
- Part 2. Other DVD Players for Windows 10 as Alternatives to Windows Media Player
You may get used to playing back your media files with the embedded Windows Media Player, and it'll be troublesome to switch to other players. But you don't have many options now since the DVD playback is not available in Windows 10. Luckily, there is an alternative to Windows Media Player which lets you preview and play DVD movies directly, or convert DVD to any formats supported by Windows Media Player like WMV. That is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), an all-in-one video converter, which supports 1000+ video and audio formats for conversion, editing, compression, downloading, and others. You can also burn videos to DVD/Blu-ray disc with free menu templates easily.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best DVD Player and Converter for Windows 10
- Convert DVD to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, and other 1000 formats.
- Convert multiple files to other formats in batch without any quality loss.
- Convert DVD videos to optimized preset for almost all of the devices, like iPhone, iPad, Huawei phone, etc.
- Burn and customize videos to DVD folder, ISO files, DVD, or Blu-ray disc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Powerful editing tools to customize videos with trimming, cropping, editing subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad, and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, image converter, screen recorder, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
2 Solutions on How to Play DVD on Windows 10 Easily with Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Load DVD Files to Wondershare DVD Player
Download, install, and launch Wondershare DVD player on Windows 10. Connect your DVD to PC and click the Load DVD button to add your DVD files. Alternatively, you can drag the Video_TS folder directly onto the interface. DVD disc, ISO files, DVD folder, and IFO files are all supported.
Step 2 Play and Convert DVD Videos Windows 10
Method 1: Play DVD on Windows 10 directly
After uploading your DVD, move your mouse to the DVD you want to play and click the Play icon on the video thumbnail, you can play the DVD videos without any trouble.
Method 2: Convert DVD to Windows Media Player compatible formats
If you want to play your DVD on any device without trouble, you can convert it to MP4 or WMV easily. Click the drop-down menu beside Convert all files to: option, you'll find a variety of formats and devices presets. In the Video tab, choose WMV and the related resolution.
Note: Besides converting DVD to a WMV file for playing with Windows Media Player, you can also convert to an AVI file for the PSP, Xbox, and Blackberry; to a MOV file for QuickTime or iTunes; to an FLV file for YouTube; MP4 for iPod, iPhone, iPad; and much more.
Tips: This video converter also provides a hands-on editing feature. You can easily crop the black edges, trim out unwanted part, apply special video effects, add subtitles, etc. Please refer to the How to Trim/Crop/Cut Videos Easily >> for more details.
Step 3 Convert DVD to Windows 10 Supported Formats
Hit the Convert All button to kick off the DVD conversion for Windows 10 instantly. All the tasks will be done at fast speed and high quality. At the same time, the progress bar will display the percentage and remaining time of the conversion. Bingo! You've made it! Now you can playback the converted DVDs in Windows 10 Media Player with no restriction.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert DVD for Playing on Windows Media Player in Windows 10
Besides a powerful video converter program, Wondershare UniConverter is also a helpful DVD maker for Windows 10. It enables you to burn videos to DVD with easy steps.
You can also try some universal players below (totally free) in order to watch your DVDs in Windows 10.
It's an open-source, highly-portable free media player, and the most popular among both Windows and Mac users. The subtitle's presentation is much smoother compared to other players and you can easily seek out favorite scenes with its versatile action buttons. The VLC player is able to playback smoothly a DVD disc, DVD folder, or ISO image files. The only downside is that the changeable skin features do not work on a Mac OS X.
MPlayer is also a powerful media player that supports tons of video formats and runs in Mac, Windows, and Linux systems. Compared with VLC, MPlayer features its playback on Blu-Ray DVD, though not all steps are handled by MPlayer itself. It's also worth mentioning that the installation takes up less space on your hard drive.
In conclusion, if you don't know how to play DVD movies on Windows 10, you can try the alternatives list above for DVD playback for Windows 10. Or using the better method to convert DVD to other Windows compatible formats with Wondershare UniConverter.