- 1. Convert to DVD+
- 2. Tips for Playing DVD+
- 3. Convert DVD to Video+
- 4. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
Lately Mircosoft announced that there would be No DVD Playback Support for Windows 10's Windows Media Player. The core reason for this change in strategy is licensing fees that Microsoft has to pay to support features such as DVD playback in the operating system. This may let you down if you have some DVD collections and want to watch them in Windows 10. Don't worry, there are some shortcuts you can resort to. Read on to get more details on how to Play DVD in Windows 10.
- Solution 1: How to Convert DVD to Play in Windows 10's Windows Media Player
- Solution 2: How to Play DVD in Windows 10 with 3rd-Party Media Players
You may get used to playing back your media files with the embedded Windows Media Player, and it'll be troublesome to switch to other players. But you don't have much option now since the DVD playback is not available in Windows 10. Luckily, there's a solution where you can play DVD directly with Windows Media Player. That's to convert your DVD (including the latest DVDs) into the Windows Media Player's friendly formats like an WMV, AVI, MPEG or etc. Besides being able to playback a DVD smoothly, you can also back up your DVD from scratch. Very useful, isn't it? Here's how to do it.
Note: To convert DVD to your desired format quickly and easily, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is highly recommended. It's packed with great quality, high efficiency and simplicity (in terms of interface). You can get the FREE download of the trial version here.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Best Video Converter for Windows 10 / Mac (Sierra Included)
- Convert DVD to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV and other 1000 formats.
- Convert multiple files to other format in batch without any quality loss.
- Convert DVd videos to optimized preset for almost all of the devices, like iPhone, iPad, HuaWei phone etc.
- Allows burning videos to DVD folder, ISO files, DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- 30X faster conversion speed than common converters with unique APEXTRANS technology.
- Powerful editing tools help customize your videos, like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles etc.
- Burn and customize videos to your DVD or Blu-ray disc with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, iPad and other devices directly and vice versa.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.13, 10.12 (Sierra), 10.11(El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Step 1 Load your DVD files to the converter.
Run this DVD converter for windows 10 and click Load DVD to add your DVD files. Alternatively, you can drag the Video_TS folder directly onto the interface. DVD disc, ISO files, DVD folder and IFO files are all supported.
After uploading it, you can design the file name, select your favorite subtitles, audio track and click the Play icon to preview them.
Step 2 Select user-friendly output format for Windows Media Player.
Click the drop-down menu beside Convert all files to:, you'll find a variety of formats and device's presets. In the Video tab, please choose WMV and the related resolution.
Note: Besides converting DVD to an WMV file for playing with Windows Media Player, you can also convert to an AVI file for the PSP, Xbox and Blackberry; to an MOV file for QuickTime or iTunes; to an FLV file for YouTube; MP4 for iPod, iPhone, iPad; and much more.
Tips: This video converter also provides hands-on editing feature. You can easily crop the black edges, trim out unwanted part, apply special video effects, add subtitles and etc. Please refer to the User Guide for more details.
Step 3 Start to convert DVD in Windows 10.
Hit the Convert All button to kick off the DVD conversion for Windows 10 instantly. All the tasks will be done at fast speed and high quality. At the same time, the progress bar will display the percentage and remaining time of the conversion. Bingo! You've made it! Now you can playback the converted DVDs in Windows 10 Media Player with no restriction.
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert DVD for Playing on Windows Media Player in Windows 10
Besides a powerful video converter porgram, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is a also a helpful DVD maker for Windows 10. It enables you to burn videos to DVD with easy steps.
You can also try out some of universal players below (totally free) in order to watch your DVDs in Windows 10.
It's an open-source, highly-portable free media player, and the most popular among both Windows and Mac users. The subtitle's presentation is much smoother compared to other players and you can easily seek out favorite scenes with it versatile action buttons. The VLC player is able to playback smoothly a DVD disc, DVD folder or ISO image files. The only downside is that the changeable skin features does not work on a Mac OS X.
MPlayer is also a powerful media player that supports tons of video formats and runs in Mac, Windows and Linux system. Compared with VLC, MPlayer features its playback on Blu-Ray DVD, though not all steps are handled by MPlayer itself. It's also worth mentioning that the installation takes up less space on your hard drive.
In conclusion, if you have any video that can't be played on Windows 10, just convert the video to other format with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.